City of HeroForge

Flashtoo

I've lately gotten really, really into making miniature designs on HeroForge, and over the past few days I decided to make a whole bunch of CoH NPCs...

0urHsnP.png

c31zvxY.png

YYw8SWK.png

abm6O4d.pngP41ywZX.png

jK9GcSq.png VfL6MgG.png

fkXJV2C.png

Got a bunch of minis of characters belonging to friends and sgmates and me too but not enough screenshots to put next to them for reference, so I'll show those later.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

After reading the TOS, I think Hyperstrike was concerned on your behalf at least as much as on Homecoming's.  The IP is owned, the owners have beefy lawyers, they're well aware of HC, and are alert to the potential for infringement.  Among other things, this is why the folks at HC don't want us streaming gameplay.

Don't misread me - I'm not knocking your creativity, and I think your designs are pretty cool (even though I'm not a miniatures guy).  If sufficient money and/or distribution is not at stake, hopefully NCSoft won't get involved.  However, Hero Forge's TOS suggests that they take infringement complaints seriously, and it would cost NCSoft almost nothing to file.

• Thanks 2

I understand the concern, but I'm not worried. There is nothing here that could possibly get Homecoming in trouble - I do not represent the Homecoming team, I am not suggesting these miniatures be used as assets for Homecoming, and there is nothing present in any of these miniatures that is somehow specific to Homecoming in particular rather than just City of Heroes at large - we're only one of several rogue servers out there. Any reference images I used were from ParagonWiki or Google Image Search. As far as anyone at all is concerned, I'm just sharing City of Heroes content on a City of Heroes forum.

As for me, personally, getting into trouble: People post copyrighted characters on r/HeroForgeMinis all the time and they even have a flair for it. It happens, and this is a drop in the ocean. I don't intend to try and purchase any of these figures, so I doubt Sky Castle Studios will take notice.

Anyway, here's Ghost Widow.

KdNQh5z.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

How are you getting it to do facial markings? I don't remember seeing options for that under paint.

They're horns, tilted with advanced posing and clipped through the face just a smidge.

10 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Famous

Last

Words

Sorry, no, I'm right. There is nothing in these images that is connected to Homecoming in particular or any rogue server any more than to City of Heroes back when it was live, any more than literally any piece of fan art could be. The few characters that are unique to Homecoming, such as those from the new Vazhilok/Freakshow content, are absent from my work here and will not be made.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

Sorry, no, I'm right.

Here's a little experiment for you.  Self-report your creations to the mods here, and to the folks at HeroForge.  Tell the latter about the connections to this game.  Ask both if there's a potential IP violation.

If they both give you the thumbs-up, then, yes, you're right.

10 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

They're horns, tilted with advanced posing and clipped through the face just a smidge.

Sorry, no, I'm right. There is nothing in these images that is connected to Homecoming in particular or any rogue server any more than to City of Heroes back when it was live, any more than literally any piece of fan art could be. The few characters that are unique to Homecoming, such as those from the new Vazhilok/Freakshow content, are absent from my work here and will not be made.

I'm not talking about the images.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

They look fantastic good job

1702150793_AmericanValorscreenshot.png.9d4149580b8ac0498544901783e2b571.png

My attempt with the free version may need to try a sub to check out this for real .

Edited by American Valor
grammer
  • Like 1

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page