Inconsistent Invention Set possiblities

Arbegla

So, this might not exactly be a bug, but its something I've noticed as I've been browsing the forums. There are a few powers, even within the same powerset, but over different ATs, that accept different Invention Sets. A good example of this is Acid Mortar.

Acid Mortar for Masterminds accepts the Targeted AoE set, the defense debuff set, and the accurate defense debuff set on a MM

Any other AT, the 'Targeted AoE' gets turned into the 'Ranged' set, which seems odd, as the Mortar from Acid Mortar is actually an AoE (8ft radius) centered on the mob the Acid Mortar decides to shoot at.

Would it be possible to do a pass over the different proliferated sets and make sure that the Invention Sets allowed to be slotted is consistent across the set? Or have an explanation why it is different between ATs?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You did the right thing by making a bug report. Provide a list of all the inconsistencies you see and post them here.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 1 month later

Can confirm.  Made an Artillery IO enhancement to add to my Defender's Acid Mortar which I thought would be a perfect fit and then realised despite being a Ranged AOE power it does not allow for Ranged AOE enhancement sets.  Seems odd.