Defense type on PB

12 minutes ago, MajikMayhem81 said:

Dusting off my PB and looking to rebuild him.  Just trying to figure out which defense type to go for.  To clarify I'm Human only PB, and trying to decide if I should go for S/L or Ranged?  

Considering you can't Soft Cap either...do whatever. Khelds are not Defense based set, they are resistance based set with no Status Protection. Human form, sorry is it's weakest form. Only Status you'll get is if you go Lobster Form, reason Human or Tri-Forms are just you going route of least effective. Which is fine if that's what you want to do and enjoy playing that style

Dual form or Single form(Lobster or Squid). Is overall best bet.

Wait doesn't lightform give mez protection?  The skill says that it does, so I was under the impression that it there was no need to shift into Dwarf.  Unless you thought I was talking about a warshade?   Also yes I am looking to go all human, since the melee attacks are insanely strong and visually fun to watch.  I have a triform build I'm looking to build as well for some variety.  PB's have it all.

Edited by MajikMayhem81

Light form still gives you mez protection. I’d at least have dwarf in your kit. The extra heal and taunt is nice to have with extra mez protection. I still get mez’d through light form from time to time. So I’ll pop dwarf if that happens. 

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

2 hours ago, MajikMayhem81 said:

Wait doesn't lightform give mez protection?  The skill says that it does, so I was under the impression that it there was no need to shift into Dwarf.  Unless you thought I was talking about a warshade?   Also yes I am looking to go all human, since the melee attacks are insanely strong and visually fun to watch.  I have a triform build I'm looking to build as well for some variety.  PB's have it all.

Recharge: 300, Duration: 90.   It's not even reliable form, your going spend a lot of time watching. Especially later game, when Malta, Knives, Banished Bantheon, etc.. are perma locking your  backside to death.  Kheldians was the first attempt by them to create an Epic Class for the game. But they even admitted they fell short with them and fiddled in trying juice em up, but mechanics of it were a pain. Reason when VEATs came, you saw what a REAL Epic AT was. At some point they had even stated they were going sit down and give Kheld's a real hard look to see what they could do, obviously they never got that chance.

Edited by JJDrakken
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

Recharge: 300, Duration: 90.   It's not even reliable form, your going spend a lot of time watching. Especially later game, when Malta, Knives, Banished Bantheon, etc.. are perma locking your  backside to death.  Kheldians was the first attempt by them to create an Epic Class for the game. But they even admitted they fell short with them and fiddled in trying juice em up, but mechanics of it were a pain. Reason when VEATs came, you saw what a REAL Epic AT was. At some point they had even stated they were going sit down and give Kheld's a real hard look to see what they could do, obviously they never got that chance.

Light form you can get perma and the AT benefits from super high recharge. I’ll agree we need help, in particular with single target damage on tough bosses and up, but survival is not really a problem on PBs. The only two groups I struggle with solo are carnies and arachnos when I run 4/8. I do run tri form, but I’m 99% in human anyway. I’m spacing the name but the solar clap move or whatever, if you slot a kb to kd is very good at mitigating damage as well. I have 32.5 s/l and melee defense as well, meaning. Small purple from soft cap. I keep a break free available for the occasional time I’m mezzed through light form as well.

• Like 1

My advice.
Built human-form.
Use Dwarf's powers as mules.
Build max-resist and high Recharge.  Perma Hasten and Perma Lightform.
You can pick up some incidental Defense to layer on.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 3 weeks later

I've not built for def on mine. I had the two "3% def" IOs when levelling but found the slots were more useful elsewhere.

It would have gimped me a bit to try for 32, I'd rather get everything else available all the time. So priority was rech then res/regen. Tri-form with Perma LF/ hasten/inner light/dull pain and it just kind of soaks up damage. I've got a full AoE attack chain post 27. Sometimes it can get a little hairy but ultimately fine: we have 3 heals and enough knockdown to give yourself a break.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:01 PM, nicoliy said:

The only two groups I struggle with solo are carnies and arachnos when I run 4/8.

Hard agree, but I would also like to add how irritating freaks are on Yin. 

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png