Talking crap about Elec...

Snarky

3 hours ago, Arbegla said:

I really don't understand why a ANY blaster would skip their t1 and t2 blasts. Like at all. This argument of 'But flares is gross!' doesn't make much sense when you can use it while held....

Unless I'm just really missing something about blasters that I haven't noticed before.

because I don't want to waste slots and possibly power picks on crappy powers that are only useful during an extremely low % of the time.  I know I don't spend much time mezzed.

And that said often times my T1 or T2 attacks still have a couple slots but they are not a part of my attack chain.  

23 hours ago, underfyre said:

Good for you. Did you consult them on their build? What does your build look like compared to theirs? Did you do any leg work to compare the builds yourself on the same map? Or did it just feel like you did more damage because you rushed ahead of the group and left everyone else to clean up your mess?

A bold claim like this needs qualification. Are we talking single target or multi target? If you're talking single target I'm pretty sure I can make you wrong.

Not with Elec Blast, but perhaps with Beam for ST.  

5 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

This is my actual fire/time blaster:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVjjXcOKCQ8ETsckuGXRYawirgw71VChu9hihFc9pCM/edit?usp=sharing

Only 70 dps ahead of your dark/energy.  However, you used some tricks I didn't when theoretically crafting dark blast I wasn't aware of.  Also, I have different priorities on slotting.  So here is dark/energy I would have built including your insights on some powers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kreaynUFmE0fGXBvkFzQjGonO2YIkeupy-69VgBFFuk/edit?usp=sharing

That'd only be 14 dps ahead of dark now.  Pretty close actually. 

So, it actually turns out the problem with Electric blast might be it doesn't have any damage procs.

I'll have to build a fire/energy later to see how much more that is.

So out of curiosity, are you putting the pre-ED or post-ED percentages into your powers? Because the sheet applies ED on its own, and if you're doing ED, then it's doing ED on top of that, you're going to be having lower numbers than intended.

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

Double check your sheet on how you're calculating proc probabilities in AoEs. I think you have a big boo-boo. 

image.thumb.png.7e23d8bd5cd4f2043b94b6d6b9f26082.png

I don't know why you're doing 0.75 x (60 + ...). It should be:

image.thumb.png.31dc48675a6072b51395c6f10c4eda51.png

Well. Fuck.

I've been doing this for a year and a half, I needed you to straighten me out a year ago lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, underfyre said:

So out of curiosity, are you putting the pre-ED or post-ED percentages into your powers? Because the sheet applies ED on its own, and if you're doing ED, then it's doing ED on top of that, you're going to be having lower numbers than intended.

Pre-ED, non-alpha modified.