Soloable DFB and DIB

I realize that this suggestion will be extremely unlikely, but here we go:

Soloable Death from Below and soloable Drowning in Blood trials.  Not even for XP, INF, nor drops, only badges.

Obtaining the badges for these red side is virtually impossible.  Back in 2019 and early 2020, I tried putting together red side DFB and DIB teams many times, and the most I could ever get was five people and that was when I was lucky.  Many times only one or two.  Sometimes none.  Now in May 2021, the Homecoming population is substantially smaller, so I don't even bother.

I do feel your pain about redside..but..

Can't you just swap sides LATER and get them Blueside? Since you dont seem to care about xp etc etc, why is that a problem?

Or do it redside and simply ask people to help on a badge run? I cant imagine you haven't tried that..but I also cant imagine that EVERY single time you failed getting the badges. 5 people is plenty for a badge run, and the only hard one would be the 'defeat two shiven Avs together-sih.' Also, pretty sure that one would be literally impossible solo, for almost every toon.

I tried calling out for badge runs red side a few times about a year ago, and got crickets.  IIRC, the most I got was three people.  I eventually gave up, and decided to try forming badge runs blue side in the Sewers and Talos Island, respectively.  That worked.

A year later, I decided that I would like the badges on a new level 50 character.  I went to the Sewers again and tried forming a blue side DFB badge run.  It's not red side, but at least it isn't Atlas Park and I meet people more than halfway.  After about 20 minutes, I had three people.  A fourth person joined the team, and entered the Sewers.  He asked why he was level 49.  I explained that I was level 50 and running it for the badges.  He then asked why I was forming it in the Sewers.  I explained that I dislike Atlas Park, and why not?  It'd be like old times!  He promptly quit the team, went to Atlas Park, and started forming his own DFB team.  Another person on my team (who joined right after the fourth person), quit to go join his.  So there I was, been forming for over 20 minutes, still had two people on my team, and now I had someone forming a competing DFB team.  Meanwhile, this other person spammed LFG every thirty seconds with a recruitment message for his DFB, trying to drown out my own.  I was tempted to wait until he finished to try to recruit more people because I'm sure this isn't fun for people seeing dueling DFBs in the LFG channel, but two other people had been waiting over 20 minutes with me already, and that wouldn't be fair to them.  So I tried to recruit more people via LFG.  For every recruitment message I sent, the other person made five.

In the end, I believe that both DFB teams only had five people each.  I managed to only get one badge, which means that I would need to run DFB again on that character.  At this point, I would rather not deal with blue side in regards to the DFB and DIB and get the badges myself since they're pretty much unobtainable red side.  Again, I realize that this will be extremely unlikely. :classic_tongue:

1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

People can be weird.  I can't imagine the thought process that results in "You're 50 and forming in the Sewers?  I'm out" then "well if he's out I'm out".

Tell me about it.  It still boggles my mind.  They were both in the Sewers already!  What really honked me off was trying to form a DFB while mine was still forming and then trying to effectively drown me out of the LFG channel.

I tried to join a redside dfb once and it didnt work out.  I messaged 'ill go. Let me come red real quick'  they say ok and i go to mercy island and message them and nothing.  They kept asking in lfg and i saw where they were standing so i went over and said im here,  and nothing.  I think they went with 5,  i saw them disappear.

If you're interested @Apparition , the SG im in hosts the abyss hamidon on saturday on Torchbearer and many of the members stay fairly exclusively redside.  I cant guarantee constant redside groups but i can invite you to the channel if they havent got u already

9 hours ago, Apparition said:

It's not red side, but at least it isn't Atlas Park and I meet people more than halfway.

What is wrong with forming one IN Atlas? Besides you seem not too like it? Your sewer forming one sounds like a complete waste of time (sorry). Is it that painful to form one in Atlas?

19 hours ago, TheZag said:

I tried to join a redside dfb once and it didnt work out.  I messaged 'ill go. Let me come red real quick'  they say ok and i go to mercy island and message them and nothing.  They kept asking in lfg and i saw where they were standing so i went over and said im here,  and nothing.  I think they went with 5,  i saw them disappear.

Something very similar to that has happened to both myself and a friend of mine quite a few times while playing red side characters trying to join co-op teams in RWZ and Cimerora.  Sent tells asking to join, only to never get a response and see them still requesting people in LFG, and then watch as they eventually go to a mission.  I suspect that there's a bug where it takes people of different alignments a couple of minutes to "sync" with the alignment of the zone.  In the meantime, you're either invisible to people of opposite alignment, or the people of opposite alignment see you, try to invite you, get an error message that you're of the enemy alignment, and write you off.  That's the only explanation I can think of for this to happen numerous times of people playing red side, and now for you to encounter it trying to play red side on a blue side character.  Unless there are a bunch of jerks playing, which is also possible I suppose.

13 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

What is wrong with forming one IN Atlas? Besides you seem not too like it? Your sewer forming one sounds like a complete waste of time (sorry). Is it that painful to form one in Atlas?

What is wrong with forming one outside of Atlas Park?  There's nothing that says a Death from Below Trial must be formed in Atlas Park.  The Sewers is a level 1+ zone, easily accessible from Atlas Park and other blue side zones.  Why would it be a complete waste of time to walk to the sewer entrance and go in, when it's the same trial?

I realize that this is all personal preference on my end, but from Issue 3 on, I've had an extreme dislike of Atlas Park and vastly preferred Galaxy City.  Every blue side character I made from February 2005 through August 2011 started in Galaxy City, and the destruction of Galaxy City in Issue 21 pretty much guaranteed that I'll never make a blue side character again.  I would have much preferred to see Atlas Park get blown to Kingdom Come.  C'est la vie.

I just see no legitimate reason why a DFB Trial must be formed in Atlas Park.  It can just as easily be formed in about 20 other zones.  I chose another one that is level appropriate.

• Like 1

So...DiB, I know with certainty is certainly soloable, as I've solo'd it. 
I would imagine DFB being the same way, although I haven't done that...yet. I suspect a level 50, exemped, would fare far better than a newer character, but I'm quite sure this is doable. All you need to do is lfg queue for it, and lock it to just yourself. 

And while this may seem like a bit more fuss than you should have to deal with - you know me in game; if you give me some advance notice, I'll happily either make a new character or bring a 50 in to help you get these badges  - on red side, since that seems to be where you like to play. I much prefer blue side, as I find red side looks ....trashy. But to each their own. It's the same trial once it starts. But I suppose that's just a short term solution, as you'll undoubtedly make many characters. 

Have you tried to solo them yet? The system will let you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Apparition said:

I just see no legitimate reason why a DFB Trial must be formed in Atlas Park

I am not saying it has to be. But, by your own experience, forming one in the Sewers sucks. With a pretty obvious reason..hardly anyone does. You go own about how the sewers are accessible from other zones, which is true. But its still far and away easier to form a Sewer team, all go to one single zone (which is nearly always atlas, cause..you know..new toons, start there) and LFG start.

By your own admission, you dislike Atlas. Which wins out, your desire for the badges, or the zone hate?