Binds Not Working Until Zoning (Popmenus)

I got no damnedable idea which forum makes the most sense for this topic so I'm putting it here.  Whenever I make a new toon about the first thing I do is bind a key to my personalized popmenu and then use said popmenu to fix a bunch of stuff in Options and load up a bind file.

Now, the problem is this doesn't take effect until I zone the toon.  This hasn't bothered me, but I'm now working on a new project and binds from popmenus is an important part of it.

Does anyone know how to make it so keybind alterations from a popmenu can be "induced?" without a zone change?  It's not the end of the world by any means, just darn annoying.

34 minutes ago, Alo? said:

Does anyone know how to make it so keybind alterations from a popmenu can be "induced?" without a zone change?

The only workaround I have found is to use 'beginchat /bind_load_file' as the command. That way when you make the popmenu selection, it will populate that chat bar with the command you want, and you'll need to hit enter once or twice to send the command. It's not ideal, but it is the only way I have found to effectively load binds from a popmenu without zoning. This old bug report thread might have a little more background info.

Thanks, ATC; I did look through that old bug report.

So it looks like those are the only two methods people know of: your beginchat in front of it, or you change zones.  Yours seems like the better option for the foreseeable future.  I don't see this kind of thing ever getting on the fix list, especially with how tangled the code is reported to be.

Regardless, if that's the best that I can do with it, then that's what'll have to be.  If users (of my popmenu) complain, meh! ^.^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alo? said:

If users (of my popmenu) complain, meh!

I came to a similar conclusion! I used it on a popmenu I made a few months ago, and it was a little awkward at first, but it didn't take long to adjust to hitting enter.