Resolved: Move LGTF Minimum Level Requirement Back Up to 45+

Y'all are gonna stand there and try to tell me this game has a story? Preposterous! Next you'll tell me there's music.

You listed 35+ when the issue is 35-45. I think the only one I left off was Eden, which is both terrible and lousy exp. Also RSF no longer requires an unlock, only Morty and it only a quick tip mish. Oh and ITF but that hardly counts since Night Ward was introduced.

8 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

Y'all are gonna stand there and try to tell me this game has a story? Preposterous! Next you'll tell me there's music.

You listed 35+ when the issue is 35-45. I think the only one I left off was Eden, which is both terrible and lousy exp. Also RSF no longer requires an unlock, only Morty and it only a quick tip mish. Oh and ITF but that hardly counts since Night Ward was introduced.

Well sure, when you arbitrarily decide the plethora of other options aren't "good enough" or "worth your time", then of course the one you don't want to change is going to be the only one standing that you care about.

It should go without saying that "ignore all these other examples of content" is not really an argument.

As to the bit in earlier posts about level-gating being archaic, you'd have a point only if player powers and power slots weren't locked behind specific levels. A level 1 MA/SR Scrapper with only an unslotted Storm Kick and Focused Fighting to his name isn't going to be doing anything even if sk'd up to 49. That character lacks powers you expect players to have at higher level ranges; powers that higher level spawns are built to challenge. The character also lacks any slots, so even with the scaling they hit like a wet noodle once every 6 seconds and only has about 14% melee defense. While higher levels don't guarantee that the player has any of their slots filled, they at least have more powers. It's not perfect, but it's the only way the game can approximate that a player will be able to both survive the TF and contribute to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

All I'm saying is this change would drastically change the way I play on every future character. I didn't say to ignore other examples, I just don't like them. Do I really have to justify not liking things? It's personal preference. I'm not saying don't fix the problem, I'm just asking that if there's some way to fix the problem without cutting off LG to 45+ we go with that instead. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

All I'm saying is this change would drastically change the way I play on every future character. I didn't say to ignore other examples, I just don't like them. Do I really have to justify not liking things? It's personal preference. I'm not saying don't fix the problem, I'm just asking that if there's some way to fix the problem without cutting off LG to 45+ we go with that instead. 

In all honestly, this was probably the fastest and easiest fix for something "broken but not breaking the whole game." Less time to change a level than tweak and rebalance the encounter for lower levels.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

In all honestly, this was probably the fastest and easiest fix for something "broken but not breaking the whole game." Less time to change a level than tweak and rebalance the encounter for lower levels.

Fair enough, but I'm glad Faultline's fixing it to make it better for 45+ and considering options for lower. Really the distinction is between what's idk, 'ontologically impossible' and what's only practically impossible (i.e. 50 hami at 35 vs. 50 hami at 45). So the extra work put in to scale it is nice given that the whole concern was for folks doing it not knowing that the TF needs a 50 star holder.