PUG life episode 1345

Snarky

So I am badging on my new toon.  Now at 40.  Exp shut off for various reasons.  I am running the Bluesie TFs as they pop up in LFG.  Having danged good luck I must say.  Then...  When you live the PUG life, there will be pain.

I joined a POSI 1.  Leader was like "kill most"  I am like, "long as its +0 then whatever"

Went pretty smooth.  Until when?  Right, you guessed it.  Final mission.  As soon as we load in I say "Please do not go within 100 yards of town hall steps."  One team wipe later we finish.

Same leader, some exits/new faces for Posi 2.  "Kill most"  Sure.  We get to last mission.  Leader "we dont have to kill all but lets stay together and clear a path."  I am actually starting to like this guy.  Mebbe not.  But not hating.  

We get through to the otside and the last bombs.  One of the team "THis is a kill most.  Why arent we killing stuff?"  I am like "If we kill most of this mission we will be here two hours."  We continue.  As Vahz drops and we exit, in team chat "Dont leave.  Stay and kill everything...."  

The PUG life chose me.

• Like 2

Actually having great luck on Excelsior this weekend.  On this one 40 Ice/Ice Blaster have done: (no particular ordfer, all PUG): Posi1, Posi2, Synapse, Yin, Moonfire, Citadel, Hess, Numina, Silver Mantis, DFB and DiB.

My only rough run was the first Posi and a small gripe about not getting the hard badge in DFB.  Will need to run again, sigh....

Seriously good gaming going on doing PUG Excelsior these days.  

• Like 1

I've actually really enjoyed the PuGs that went spectacularly badly. 

They are often far more entertaining than the teams that run like a well oiled machine. 

Those teams that just have a really bad mix of ATs and powersets are fun, especially when you actually manage to complete whatever it is you're doing. Granted, most of the characters I bring on those teams could probably do it by themselves, so I'm in little danger. It's just entertaining to watch things go sideways in epic ways. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

Seriously good gaming going on doing PUG Excelsior these days.  

Due to my playtime availability versus my SG, I spend a great deal of time in PUGs on Excelsior. There’s always good gaming going on and enough of us able to cover the rough patches.

• Like 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Those teams that just have a really bad mix of ATs and powersets are fun, especially when you actually manage to complete whatever it is you're doing

I'd a great PuG Market Crash on my 40-something Ice/Traps controller last night. 

No Brutes or Tanks, but 3 Soldiers of Arachnos and a decent amount of control (Earth and Plant alongside my Ice). I discovered that Creepers really, really like Fold Space. We got to the stage that I was either Folding a second spawn into the remenants of the 1st (because that's where the Death Patch was) or we just leapfrogged each other to keep the murder train going. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

My only rough run was the first Posi

I'd a weird Posi yesterday too actually. First someone triggered the ambushes early. One wipe but we'd managed to take most of the enemies down. 

The really weird bit though: Got to the Shadows and for our team of 7 there was only one Shadow Duplicate, who got dogpiled. Quite strange. 

Edited by Carnifax

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

The really weird bit though: Got to the Shadows and for our team of 7 there was only one Shadow Duplicate, who got dogpiled. Quite strange. 

Don't think I've ever seen that, but I have seen one person duplicated twice, so that part is maybe a little buggy, yeah.

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

I joined a POSI 1.  Leader was like "kill most"

I have only been around since March, but I've never seen this on Everlasting at least.  Not that people speed run either exactly, but certainly never seen anyone ask to clear that last mission.  Who likes fighting CoT at that level, seriously?  

Nobody who is higher level is farming Posi for XP.  They are running ITFs or actual farms.  Which means the team is often at least half composed of side-kicks on any given Posi.  If the leader runs at plus anything, you are talking someone level 14 (who might have the powers and slotting of a level 8 ) trying to hit up to level 17 or 18 enemies who might be double-stacking Ruin Mage dispersion +def bubbles  while a gang of ghosts are -toHit debuffing you down to the floor.  Fun!

Edited by ZemX
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Don't think I've ever seen that, but I have seen one person duplicated twice, so that part is maybe a little buggy, yeah.

I think that happens if the settings > number of players. So if 6 of you are running x8 there'll be two cases of twins. 

Only thing I can think of is that one person entered early somehow and triggered the spawn before the rest of us were in mission. Since it's underground maybe they passed over the spot and forced the spawn.