More powers with 'Pull' mechanic

9 hours ago, Naraka said:

All AoE powers.  I see what's going on here...

Since 'Pull' has only been displayed as an AoE effect, I'm not too sure what the inner workings are just yet. I imagine that this may be a stepping stone to a potential 'knockforward' effect though, which could be utilised in a single target capacity.

11 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

Since 'Pull' has only been displayed as an AoE effect, I'm not too sure what the inner workings are just yet. I imagine that this may be a stepping stone to a potential 'knockforward' effect though, which could be utilised in a single target capacity.

Then they can do it on NEW melee/control sets and leave everyone else's existing powers alone.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:04 PM, Tyrannical said:

Well, the pull mechanic was brought over to an existing power, so I don't see why not more.

In the instance it was added it kinda made sense and even then many folks still complained about it being added to the pet, with many folks stating that's not how they use that pet.

Arguable if it's useful there. Time will tell. I'd argue for a lot of melee sets it would not be useful or desired. (And VERY arguable to the others ones suggested).

EDIT: My suggestion would be to add the pull mechanic via an IO. So those that want it can slot for it. Similar to the KB to KD IO.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

In the instance it was added it kinda made sense and even then many folks still complained about it being added to the pet, with many folks stating that's not how they use that pet.

Arguable if it's useful there. Time will tell. I'd argue for a lot of melee sets it would not be useful or desired. (And VERY arguable to the others ones suggested).

EDIT: My suggestion would be to add the pull mechanic via an IO. So those that want it can slot for it. Similar to the KB to KD IO.

And if you wanted more animosity and mostly meta-pandering changes so the game becomes even more of a herd and burn affair, that would be the exact change you'd make.

Beyond Whirlpool, I don't see any reason to go adding more Draw-in effects to the game.  They already increased a lot of AoEs' ranges, some have target cap buffs and more sets are having more AoEs added in.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Naraka said:

Beyond Whirlpool, I don't see any reason to go adding more Draw-in effects to the game.  They already increased a lot of AoEs' ranges, some have target cap buffs and more sets are having more AoEs added in.

Mostly to increase the effectiveness of some underperforming powers (like Dark Pit), and to make some more theme-appropriate changes (like Whirlpool and Quicksand).

I don't expect every power I highlighted to make the cut, and some may need to be rebalanced to incorporate such a change, but it's good to provide examples at least.