My first fortunata to 50, how to improve?

Hey there...

Thanks to a lot of great insight on this forum, I've gotten my first Fortunata to 50 and it's a ton of fun. I love the flexibility. I have some questions, though:

1. Below is the character as I currently run. Solo I go at +2/x4 pretty comfortably; anything above that I start to feel very squishy very fast.

Short of spending a billion inf on purples/winters, are there any glaring places where I can make some gains?

2. The Force Feedback +recharge enhancements in TK Blast and Psi Tornado: it feels like these do next to nothing. Hasten has about 25 seconds of downtime out of combat. In combat, firing off TK Blast and Psi Tornado constantly, shaves maybe 10 seconds off. Mids clearly vastly overstates the benefit of Force Feedback. Should I just swap those out for other damage procs?

3. Leveling to 50, I ran with Weaken Resolve and Unleash Potential to help with nasty bosses/EBs/AVs. I swapped that out for the Presence pool and Unrelenting, which feels like a push, especially since I pretty much never touch Provoke or Intimidate. Any thoughts on where to go with that last pool? I'm working on an alternate build that would use Gloom and Dark Obliteration in place of Strike and Spin, but I like to exemp down a lot, so that build would only be for the highest level content.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Presence

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5)
Level 2: Strike -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33), GldStr-%Dam(33)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(7), LucoftheG-Def(7)
Level 6: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(34), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(37)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(13)
Level 12: Dominate -- GldNet-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), DmnofArc-Acc/Dmg(39)
Level 14: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(31), Erd-%Dam(31)
Level 16: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45)
Level 18: Lunge -- TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(19), TchofDth-Dam%(19), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldStr-%Dam(23)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(25), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(42), Erd-%Dam(42)
Level 35: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(45), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(45), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(46), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Provoke -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 44: Intimidate -- Fear-I(A)
Level 47: Unrelenting -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal(49)
Level 49: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
------------
------------

Nothing jumps out as wrong with your build.

Are you getting beat up by particular enemies at 4x8?

Arachnos/Carnies/ITF can debuff your defense pretty nastily.

Remember your scaling resists, you get harder to kill as your HP drops. This take a bit to get use to, because it's very different from other ATs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, queequeg77 said:

Hey there...

Thanks to a lot of great insight on this forum, I've gotten my first Fortunata to 50 and it's a ton of fun. I love the flexibility. I have some questions, though:

1. Below is the character as I currently run. Solo I go at +2/x4 pretty comfortably; anything above that I start to feel very squishy very fast.

Short of spending a billion inf on purples/winters, are there any glaring places where I can make some gains?

2. The Force Feedback +recharge enhancements in TK Blast and Psi Tornado: it feels like these do next to nothing. Hasten has about 25 seconds of downtime out of combat. In combat, firing off TK Blast and Psi Tornado constantly, shaves maybe 10 seconds off. Mids clearly vastly overstates the benefit of Force Feedback. Should I just swap those out for other damage procs?

3. Leveling to 50, I ran with Weaken Resolve and Unleash Potential to help with nasty bosses/EBs/AVs. I swapped that out for the Presence pool and Unrelenting, which feels like a push, especially since I pretty much never touch Provoke or Intimidate. Any thoughts on where to go with that last pool? I'm working on an alternate build that would use Gloom and Dark Obliteration in place of Strike and Spin, but I like to exemp down a lot, so that build would only be for the highest level content.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Power Pool: Presence

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(17)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5)
Level 2: Strike -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33), GldStr-%Dam(33)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(7), LucoftheG-Def(7)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(34), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(37)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(13)
Level 12: Dominate -- GldNet-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), DmnofArc-Acc/Dmg(39)
Level 14: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(31), Erd-%Dam(31)
Level 16: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45)
Level 18: Lunge -- TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(19), TchofDth-Dam%(19), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldStr-%Dam(23)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 24: Mind Link -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(25), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(42), Erd-%Dam(42)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(45), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(45), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(46), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Provoke -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 44: Intimidate -- Fear-I(A)
Level 47: Unrelenting -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal(49)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
------------
------------

(#1) I was a huge proponent for having a heal, aid self, or in your case unrelenting, for widows. Have found over the past year, in most cases it is not needed. And just the last couple weeks have experienced how beneficial over capping defenses can be.  I will try and give a little advice, what could be improved, but leaving the meat of your build. I would like to note that if you craft the purple enhancements, you might spend 500m on an entire build, not a bil, very doable. Forts like purples.

Per your request, I have not included purples or the like in the following.

(#3)If you haven't tested over capping your defenses yet, here is how you can do it using your build, but you must switch out Unrelenting for Tough/Weave. And change just a few things around:

If you haven't already, use Enhancement boosters to +5 Hasten.

Unrelenting: Remove, and replace for Tough/Weave. x2 slot weave, use the extra slot in TT Leadership combined with the following.

Strike + Lunge:

Use higher level enhancements, Touch of Death caps at 40, can use Tough for S&L damage resist. 

Strike: Change to x6 Mako's, you will lose ~3 damage per mids + gain 3.75% ranged defense.

Lunge: Change to Crushing Impact for 5% recharge if wanted, will slightly lower lunge damage, can leave or spring for purple set tho. 

(#2) Psionic Tornado: Change to x5 positrons blast, will increase damage per mids. Slot the +rch proc, only worry about using during AoE situations. I would remove it from TK blast however, slot another proc of choice or move to *health. (dont slot posi dmg/rch)

Foresight: Remove x2 slots, add to TT Leadership for 2.5% ranged and aoe defense at 6 slots. (use +def/global rch, def, def/end)

Maneuvers: Remove x1 slot, add to TT Leadership "      "  (use +def/global rch, def/end)

*Health: Add/Trade-in Absorb proc - this proc can save you. 

And that concludes the list of smaller changes I'd personally try first. 

...will update if I forgot something ^.^

Spoiler

Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(15)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 16: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(43), FrcFdb-Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(34), GssSynFr--ToHit(5), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Prv-Absorb%(17)
------------
------------

If these changes don't do it for you... I've been loving Lightning Cages, and Lightning Ball, they both can add quiet a bit of damage mitigation. Using these in your build would take a bit more reconfiguration. I made a few short videos where you can see them in use. I would give you time stamps but need to walk away from comp in just a sec: 

Fortunata Builds // Lvl 45+ Incarnate Build //&// Exempt Build - video demo - Arachnos Soldier & Widow - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

Edited by Harakh
  • Thanks 1

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

The only thing I'd really say is to make sure you're whacking out control powers as much as you can. What you lose in hit points, you gain in the ability to confuse an AV. Your build looks pretty solid, otherwise. I generally try to fit at least one damage proc into all the attacks - sometimes two. Fortunatas a profoundly middle-of-the-road for damage, so more procs means you can be a bit crunchier.

I think they're a bit all-or-nothing. Either they proc enough that it's near-constant (my storm/water makes good use of them, energy, peacebringers etc) or they only shave a few seconds off. Personally, I think damage procs might be better value.

I use Provoke all the time on my fortunata! They can tank quite capably. I skip Hasten, as a rule, but I understand why people leave it in.

Grant Invisibility can hold a defence IO, useful for LOTG or one of the +RES ones, and useful for keeping lemmings alive for a bit. Teleport Target (old Recall Friend) is very useful if you sidekick up lowbies and I use it more than you might expect. I'm a quiet fan of TT:Vengeance; you don't need it often, but when you need it you really need it. It's a fairly good defence buff with a decent-enough heal and all it costs is someone else's death. It's another one-slot wonder.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Thanks 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I have a serious investment in Purples, but INF (and merits) is easy to come by IMO. A couple of rando comments:

1) I don't worry about Hasten. It absolutely can help hit perma-Mind Link, but other than that, the extra recharge from Purple/ATO and other sets covers things just fine from my PoV. I wouldn't add the %Recharge proc over a %damage proc (in AoE)... or a %-Resistance piece. Mind Link is what is going to make the difference in +4/x8 content.

2) Be mindful of the slotting of Defense sets/powers. It is (IMO, YMMV) rare that extra slotting is really adding that much to a build (except for Endurance management in some cases). Globals are another matter of course. I'd revisit the slotting on Mind Link. I've posted my recommendations on this all over the place. My own builds typically pick one power to invest 6 slots within (for Reactive Defenses), the rest are usually 2-slot (or 3-slot) investments. My own personal choice to put 6-slots of Reactive Defenses in Mask Presence is peculiar, but that is where my build get the biggest return for that specific investment/choice.

3) My experience with Unrelenting is: invest the full 6-slots of Preventive Medicine. It's a powerful offensive boost. I also have it a level 26, so I use it over a lot of content.

Problem folks have with Fortunatas they think they need EVERYTHING, you defiantly don't have the slots for that.

You need to decide a route that fits you best, focus on that. Be it Melee with some control, Ranged Toxic/Psi Sentinel basically with slight control, or just more controlly.  Then you need to manage your buffs out.

I've just noticed you've skipped the single target Confuse - that's a power I consider unskippable! Enemies who aren't attacking you but are throwing round control effects, buffing you and nuking their former allies are one of the more fun parts of playing a fortunata, in my opinion. 

The Contagious Confusion purple IO is one of the better "special effect" IOs, in my opinion - it adds a second, no-notify AoE confuse effect. Confusing lieutenants is always worth doing, and going for support enemies (ritki guardians, shield bots, sappers, those longbow controllers etc) is a fun little minigame you can play. 

Confuse + Aura of Confusion is enough to get most elite bosses. If you get good at timing the purple triangles, you can also enlist AVs and Heroes to play with you. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Man, so much great advice in this thread. It's the blessing and the curse of the Fortunata. There's so much flexibility and so many ways to go, and only so many power picks and slots.

Usually, when I get to 50, I start getting bored with a character pretty quickly. But with this Widow, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface. Starting to get purple recipe drops every once in a while now, and piling up inf. Could this be the first character I ever fully purple out?

Thanks again for all the great feedback.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so I was probably hasty on the "I feel squishy" thing. Over the weekend, I've run Market Crash, a respec trial, a couple incarnate trials, etc. and felt sturdy throughout. In the Market Crash and respec trial especially, I was hopscotching from herd to herd dropping nukes and confuses and psi tornadoes and never felt in danger at any point.

Still not ready to solo at +4/x8, mostly because I kind of suck at the game, but +3/x4 or so is definitely doable.

Since I'm starting to pile up cash and merits, if I was going to splurge on purples, where do you recommend I go first? All of the sets look fairly similar in bonuses, do you find a particular set matches well with a particular power?

9 hours ago, queequeg77 said:

Still not ready to solo at +4/x8, mostly because I kind of suck at the game, but +3/x4 or so is definitely doable.

I mean, there's so little benefit to doing +4x8 unless you're farming that I really wouldn't bother, personally. Do what you enjoy.

9 hours ago, queequeg77 said:

Since I'm starting to pile up cash and merits, if I was going to splurge on purples, where do you recommend I go first? All of the sets look fairly similar in bonuses, do you find a particular set matches well with a particular power?

Looking at my build, I don't really use a lot of them. They tend to solve problems I don't have, if that makes sense. Lots go hard on fire and cold resistance (meh) or tox and psi resistance (you get a lot of psi resistance from Mind Link and toxic damage isn't enough of a problem to be a problem).

My opinion:

• Contagious Confusion: either in Confuse (it has a good enough proc rate to be worth it) or Aura of Confusion (it only has to proc on one enemy to be effective and basically adds a +1 effect to the confuse, basically letting you confuse bosses. I wish there were more IOs like this, it adds mechanics, not just a flat bonus. 
  • The SoA ATOs are worth upgrading, because they're just the first set but better. This should be your priority.
  • Hecatomb is pretty decent as a set. The +15% accuracy and +10% recharge are worthwhile.
  • There are a few purple damage procs that are worth using.

Non purples:

• The Preventative Medicine proc (in Health) is worth its weight in inf a thousand times over. Fortunatas have scaling resistances, so anything that gets better when your health is low is more valuable than it looks because it all multiplies.
  • I quite like Power Transfer in Stamina as well - it adds a passive healing effect that goes off enough for me to think it's worth using.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, queequeg77 said:

Okay, so I was probably hasty on the "I feel squishy" thing. Over the weekend, I've run Market Crash, a respec trial, a couple incarnate trials, etc. and felt sturdy throughout. In the Market Crash and respec trial especially, I was hopscotching from herd to herd dropping nukes and confuses and psi tornadoes and never felt in danger at any point.

The build as you have it won't change much from purples. As Gulbasaur pointed out, the purple procs/sets containing procs are a good start. 

I might recommend, going into mids with the build goals in mind, and revisiting the enhancements & slotting. Slot the max sets possible containing the desired bonuses for the skills you have currently picked. Peek at your numbers. And adjust slot by slot if anything sticks out to you.

Beside that. Psychic Wail, or Aura of Confusion would be my starting point.

Purple set of PW has a better damage proc than what you have slotted.

Purple set for AoC has the handy contagious proc (as Gul also talked about), however as other players (Tig I wanna say) have pointed out isn't the best option for loot rolls w'o slotting a dmg proc in the skill too. From a purely defensive stance, the contagious proc is very handy, for emergencies or mob "self nuking".

• Like 1

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

To add onto what other have written:

The %damage procs do more damage if they are from a Very Rare set than if they are from other sets.

The %damage procs from PVP sets will scale with level.

A common Fortunata power that can be taken at low level and used as a "%proc" build is Dominate; it can take 2xPVP and 2xVery Rare pieces.

Keep in mind that a build can only benefit from FIVE instances of a specific enhancement boost; for example this manifests itself by not benefiting from more than FIVE Luck of the Gamblers or FIVE +10% Global Recharges,

• Like 1

Thanks to all of your input, I've splurged and respeced. Now running an improved version of my previous build. As long as I am proactive with Mind Link, Aura of Confusion, and Total Domination, instead of reactive, I can handle quite tough encounters without too much stress.

Not sold entirely on the single-target Confuse, as I constantly forget to use it when I've got the Aura ready pretty much whenever I need it. Maybe if I ditched Hasten, I would use it more often.

Side note: recharge values as shown in Mids seem to be all over the place. It's 10 seconds off the actual in-game performance for both Hasten and Mind Link... in 2 different directions. I wonder what else it's off on....

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast

• (A) Damage Increase IO
  • (25) Decimation - Chance of Build Up
  • (27) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (27) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (29) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 2: Strike

• (A) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Gladiator's Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (23) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers

• (A) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (5) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (5) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (7) Shield Wall - Defense/Recharge
  • (9) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 6: Super Jump

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 8: Follow Up

• (A) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (9) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (11) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (13) Superior Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic

Level 10: Indomitable Will

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (15) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (15) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 12: Dominate

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (17) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (19) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (21) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 14: Lunge

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (29) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (33) Gladiator's Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 16: Spin

• (A) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize
  • (34) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage

Level 18: Psionic Tornado

• (A) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (36) Bombardment - Damage
  • (36) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (37) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 20: Mask Presence

• (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 22: Foresight

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 24: Mind Link

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - Recharge
  • (39) HamiO:Membrane Exposure

Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (42) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 28: Tactical Training: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 30: Confuse

• (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion

Level 32: Psychic Wail

• (A) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (42) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 35: Total Domination

• (A) Essence of Curare - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (46) Essence of Curare - Endurance/Hold
  • (48) Essence of Curare - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge
  • (48) Essence of Curare - Accuracy/Hold

Level 38: Aura of Confusion

• (A) Malaise's Illusions - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41: Combat Jumping

Level 44: Maneuvers

• (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 47: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 49: Aim

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

1 hour ago, queequeg77 said:

Side note: recharge values as shown in Mids seem to be all over the place. It's 10 seconds off the actual in-game performance for both Hasten and Mind Link... in 2 different directions. I wonder what else it's off on....

Level 24: Mind Link

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - Recharge

The problem (with Mind Link) is that the 'recharge' portion of the Membrane's will not contribute to recharge of the power. HOs act like IOs, in that if the power cannot take an IO of a particular type then the HO portion of the same type won't contribute to boosting that aspect of the power. This isn't true for dedicated Defense or ToHit sets.

You already have 5 LoTG, so replace one of the Membrane with a boosted (50+5) Shield Wall Def/Recharge and another (attuned) Def/Recharge piece from a lvl21-50 defense set. (or re-jigger your other defense sets)

Edited by tidge
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, queequeg77 said:

'...0 seconds off the actual in-game performance for both Hasten and Mind Link... in 2 different directions. ...'

I did not know that! I never ran a hami raid back on live, so this is actually the first time I've ever used one.

Looking good. Tidge covered the HO's; Mind Link recharging slower in-game. Meaning Hasten is recharging faster than mids says? Are you using +5 recharge in-game?

You made great use of slotting and maintained good #'s, damage (w/procs dmg + x2 build up), defenses, and resists. 

If I weren't playing my incarnate defense builds atm this is one I would run, as slightly more cost effective, and again good damage numbers, and without the use of patron skills.

If you're loving the widow and haven't already I highly recommend earning the +Max HP Accolades.

Edited by Harakh

I've found a lot of the recharge numbers to be off, sometimes by a lot, from in-game. Don't even get me started on the force feedback +recharge proc. Mids shows it dropping hasten/mind link/etc. recharges by 30 seconds or more. In practice, it's more like 5 seconds, if you're firing off the procced powers constantly.

I worked through all of the accolades recently so I'm all set there. I don't include any of the incarnates in the build because I like to exemp a lot and so I don't want to be reliant on them. That said, the ageless destiny is wonderful, and I love being able to mix in a second nuke.

I think Mids assumes that all bonuses are on permanently, and that they stack, so if you have 3 powers with the FF +recharge proc, it will show you as having +300 recharge at all times. It also has some things that are just the wrong numbers.

Report it and they usually fix it, though.

11 hours ago, queequeg77 said:

I've found a lot of the recharge numbers to be off, sometimes by a lot, from in-game. Don't even get me started on the force feedback +recharge proc. Mids shows it dropping hasten/mind link/etc. recharges by 30 seconds or more. In practice, it's more like 5 seconds, if you're firing off the procced powers constantly.

I worked through all of the accolades recently so I'm all set there. I don't include any of the incarnates in the build because I like to exemp a lot and so I don't want to be reliant on them. That said, the ageless destiny is wonderful, and I love being able to mix in a second nuke.

If you click the lit yellow bulb next to the power that has the FFeedback proc it will deactivate it showing you actual recharge numbers.