Quick look at "powexec_location cursor"

This really belongs in Guides or something, but I think it's of general interest... 🙂

One of the small but cool changes to I27-2 was the addition of the cursor keyword to the powexec_location slash command. Put simply, it instantly executes a power at whatever/wherever the cursor is pointing. For example:

Q "powexeclocation cursor Teleport$$camturn"

...will instantly teleport you to the pointed spot, or, if into empty space, the maximum teleport distance that direction. You can keep tapping Q pretty quickly for travel.

To make this a little more useful, use the following three keybinds:

Q "powexeclocation cursor Teleport$$camturn"
CTRL+Q "bind Q powexeclocation cursor Teleport$$camturn"
ALT+Q "bind Q powexeclocation cursor Combat Teleport"

Now, tapping Alt-Q sets the key to Combat Teleport, and Ctrl-Q sets it back to teleport for travel.

The camturn helps in travel in that it keeps turning your view towards whatever direction you're going. It's not especially useful for combat teleporting.

The one thing missing here is any indication of which teleport mode you have Q set to. No easy solutions... but it did give me an idea for a game fix, which I'll post over in Suggestions.

But the new cursor keyword means you can execute all kinds of targeted or directional powers with one key tap. That's cool.

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'd like to think my suggestion thread on this helped bring the idea to fruition in some way! Though given that it was posted only like a week before the actual patch notes when it came out, who knows if it was secretly in the works before. It's a neat feature for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

I'd like to think my suggestion thread on this helped bring the idea to fruition in some way! Though given that it was posted only like a week before the actual patch notes when it came out, who knows if it was secretly in the works before. It's a neat feature for sure.

It directly came from that. The idea was simple enough to implement quickly and Number Six is a magician.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

19 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It directly came from that. The idea was simple enough to implement quickly and Number Six is a magician.

That's awesome! I know I've definitely been making plenty of use of the command on a lot of my characters; lots of patch powers benefit from it, especially on a touchpad.