advice requested: Dark/Super strength build

siran

I've been experimenting quite a bit with different Dark/ tankers. I like darkness quite a lot: the heal is fantastic, the resists are great (even if we are vulnerable to energy) and it has a small amount of defence which helps. But as well as that ... perhaps the icing on the cake ... there is the gem of oppressive gloom which stacks with other sources of stunning

My dark/ma is great fun, and is perhaps one of the toughest things in the game. Sure it doesn't have much defence debuff resist, but there is so much stunning and healing going on that I just don't miss it (the heal really makes a huge difference to the character).  I've gone through multiple +4/*8 manticores and had not a single paragon protector go into god mode... the single target stuns from martial arts and the oppressive gloom really keep them controlled

What I've been trying to do recently is try and get an aoe/stun character that can stack an aoe stun with oppressive gloom. I've tried Dark/Elec... which is awesomely impressive to watch, great fun to lightning rod into battle... but ... but ... the single target damage sucks. Hence this experiment.

I've found that the handclap is great. The damage mitigation is good from the bouncing never mind the stunning. Combined with footstomp very little spends much time hitting. 

I didn't find any builds on the forums (maybe that was my weak google-fu) so I thought I'd share this. In addition I am not great at things like 'adding procs' so I wondered if anyone would could offer advice on how to improve this, or perhaps offer a second 'DPS' build. It would be very nice to have a build that is 'tough as old boots' and a second one that can really put the hurt in.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Jessica Mist: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Jab -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(5), HO:Nucle(7), HO:Nucle(7)
Level 2: Death Shroud -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(13)
Level 4: Haymaker -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(21)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), StdPrt-ResKB(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(25), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(25), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(27)
Level 10: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Hand Clap -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 18: Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 22: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 28: Rage -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), AdjTrg-Rchg(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Cross Punch -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42)
Level 32: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), GldJvl-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(45), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 47: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(50), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1366;688;1376;HEX;|
		|78DA6593CB4F135114C6EF74A602A5BC5AA0C5F228089452185A24C43751AB26481|
		|3921A5D4E26F55226D4B699198C2E4DC447E2C267DCA8685CB971EB3326FE133E97|
		|AE7D458DEEEA61BE9362E224ED6FE63B8F7BCEB9F7E6CE64838F8F9C9B134AF060C|
		|9741CE398595E91B63F6716AD82A027382F1DC72A98F19CE5B80D24F4C0C3C8CA25|
		|5976A49E35ED1563BF7DAA62C7D892932529F5FC6A95DEF3AE2DCB45775904162B9|
		|5929EAF4A79B2C57B3D6C15975DAB5C0C7A5F0BD2ACD24708A68A5D904665C93861|
		|954A914355ABA01FB0575D69E42BAB2523673AAEB4CF46A99638FD9E36D19FB2516|
		|A4D153F5521329AF0FD62FE06B53FE04440F043BE5735D86E815BF690ACA9753EA1|
		|BC0AF2FA9537886F7C0B06DE31DF83C10FCC8FA04EEBA81CAB9E47FEF635E605307|
		|4917909ECBC0C3EA775FDDC8F7F1AF93A2324F469A23BCA4C2B9EFE827C1BBCE66B|
		|5A4348F56CD12862A2DDE0D608730E7C46314D9CBF89E7D2CB73EBE5B9F5F3DC5E9|
		|26F337CB5E6A36CEBC2DAFD9D60BC9D190687E890B42046694909D898699A4B1BE6|
		|AFB4ADF93C6DF013FAF6515C07DB3A6E401BBC0E66282ECCF30CA7386E1CDC96608|
		|E3193E0B041EE094DA894B70B7945D73EECAD465A84FB8A703FC3DCCF30F733CAFD|
		|8C86C057348B1EC4889E59E499A6BA62DE21A9F9628FB0EEE84330B30E5E19A16DE|
		|1DAFBEEA09FC45DE63DE63A98BCCF7C0076539D033CCB01AE33C97516683B8638EF|
		|50066B8D4F3275E6143891664E600F67A8EE118E1DD9CBB61DE0E44EE62EE66E708|
		|AF74B528A31CCD33736C3B6EDCC59D0218714CF2AF59AB4B0265CD274DE073D863A|
		|4E9396E65C69EE2FF31DB6CC0F30A9D5EF77AD57ABDF5F45DCC48C1AAF810B9BB60|
		|DD75A4D2C6A1C488AE2299F03F53BCDCA97FF94AF9B8A4F19440DADC7515BEBBCE2|
		|9DA96FFF46DD46CF736102D7F9179A6FC849|

I haven't had a chance to fully look over the build, but one thing I find annoying with OG is that the goons can still wander out of my control area. You  might look at adding Mu Mastery - Electric Fences to prevent that. If HC and FS come up fast enough to keep them off their pins it might not be needed. As I recall from my Rad/SSer the proc in HC affects a large number of the mobs, if not all with every use. Having said that, I did run a Dark/SS on live and enjoyed playing it. We didn't have the KB>KD proc for the stun/KB back then, so your build will have that advantage.

Edited by Warboss
Apparently the internets didn't take my initial edit...

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Thanks for looking at it and taking the time to reply!

I have to admit I don't mind the  goons wandering off... they don't tend to last long enough for it to matter! I tend to leap in, dark regen (it's an attack and a great aggro pull + res debuff), then a hand clap/foot stomp, and usually I am teaming and all the minions are down... only a couple of stunned bosses wandering around. Those bosses are usually single targeted anyway... and since I have unpleasantly aggroed them, they come running right back...

I find that ST damage is my main goal: AOE is good enough, and most minions get dealt with by the splash damage, so I went 'soul' to get the gloom attack instead of the lightning cages and the dark obliteration which seem to do nice damage (especially with rage/double rage).

My main worry is that I 'don't know how to use procs'.  So I just stuck one or two into some of the attacks. I've also seen a lot of people do much better builds than I can do 🙂 

I tried it on an ITF the other night (+4/8) and I actually died on it. First death for this toon ... ever I think. I was on about 1/2 hitpoints and about to do a dark regen or not when I think I was double critted by two minotaurs... and that was that. The lack of DDR had kicked in (-60% def or something) and obviously it's hard to stun minotaur elite bosses. 

Edited by siran

I can see what you're doing with the build and I have to say Unleash Potential looks interesting, I'll have to try it out. With the way you have things set up I'm not sure how to really advise. You're not wrong about the DDR being a pain on DA. But Dark Regen is there to compensate, but... if the mobs have minus recharge ( ITF mobs might, I don't recall right off) then that mitigation is taken away. Also Rage crash might be getting you when dealing with the Bosses+. Does UP make up for that, or is it affected as well? If it's affected as well, might be worth reworking the build to add more passive S/L and/or other typed defense in.

Your Smash/Lethal might be a little low for that TF. I think on my DA's I run it right up to/around 85%+ depending on the toon/build.

How is the Might of the Tanker +Res proc working in DS. If you don't see it firing, it might be better to switch Enhancements with Cross Punch so it has a better chance to Proc.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

I am playing with energy melee at the moment as a fire/EM tanker, and for damage it seems great. I'm really enjoying the mix of high single target damage and the burn giving me crowd clearance in that buld. But whirling hands is a small aoe (8'base) with a 30% chance of a magnitude 2 stun that lasts for a base 4seconds.  Handclap is 15'r lasts for 6 seconds base (and thus it can be perma) and always stuns. It also places everything on their back for a second or two in which they aren't attacking... (assuming the stun didn't get them) From a damage point of view whirling hands is nice, and it's nice when it works. Handclap though is sheer joy as a crowd control (stacked with oppressive gloom... without that it's  bit meh)

The unleash potential was just a 'why don't a try it'. The major issue with the build is endurance. I am constantly clicking 'recovery serum' and I don't really like needing temporary powers.  Unleash potential is a 'soft cap me now' (without it I need purples) + a whole lot of endurance back. Was it a good experiment? I think so. I put an achilles in the weaken resolve and that really seems to make a difference against single hard targets. The super leap is something I just find little use for... even with the recent nice buffs I rarely bother with a travel power. BUT the winter's gift in it lift the slow resistance to 80% which means that it's hard for bad guys to significantly trash my recharge (which as you said Warboss exists to compensate for the lack of ddr)

You are I think right about smash lethal being too low for it... but remember the stuns.. Even the bosses are stunned... it's just the elite bosses that got me... and now I am more conscious of that. The novas are a bit of a 'need to keep aware of them' but so far its only 'two crits from minotaurs when I let myself get to half hitpoints'... (which actually was because I wasn't handclapping and getting the others)

How does it compare to my other tanks?  Well with the recent huge love given to stone tankers... nothing compares to stone/xxx. It's so hard not to relish running around capped hps, decent regen, capped resists to everything but psi (and about 60% psi) and if you have a secondary with a heal in it (dark/radiation... well ... gosh...it's seriously nice).  I'm reading the stone/super str thread and thinking about starting my own

Even with that love for stone, so far dark/martial arts is surprisingly my favourite. Mostly because it exemplars so well. Dragons tails is there in positron, and since it and dark regen are both aoe attacks... all the way from positron upwards it is just great. This toon isn't there. I think the top end of this is better (aoe stunning is great, double rage is great, there is so much bouncing going on with purple bosses in ITF... oh so very satisfying... the dark obliteration/gloom is great with double rage is great) but at lower levels the martial arts wins....

Got to say it's nice that there is no clear winner.

If anyone has any advice on how to build a less resilient but much higher damage character that would be great! Nothing wrong with two build!

I just noticed that I didn't answer the question on the tanker ATO.

It works great in death shroud. Perhaps better than great. Most of the time it is double stacked. I don't need to do anything and it just happens. Perhaps against a single target it would be bad, but it seems to be at least single stacked all the time. I just went through part of maria jenkins today to check how it behaved, and when I was surrounded by bad guys it was always double stacked. When it was just an arch villain left I didn't notice it ever 'not there' but it didn't double stack. I've heard rumours it can triple stack but I didn't see that myself.

I don't think this is great for damage against AVs though... without envenomed daggers I don't think I would have been doing much at all. With them, and with the weaken resolve... then it was OK

On 6/4/2021 at 11:20 AM, Warboss said:

Your Smash/Lethal might be a little low for that TF. I think on my DA's I run it right up to/around 85%+ depending on the toon/build.

Truer words have never been spoken...

I'm used to Invuln on ITF and they barely bat an eye at all the debuffs.  I built a pretty killer Willpower/Fire tank and tested him with the usual AE farms (S/L, Fire, etc.) and he blasted through them at +4/8.  Tried a solo ITF at +3/8 and got whacked during the dark ambush, in the second half of the first mish...quickly and violently.  I have seen some near invincible dark tanks, but they have all had Staff as secondary.  Never played staff, but apparently, it has lots of help in DDR mitigation.  I have a Dark/Dark that I'm respeccing, so watching this thread.  I look forward to see how you proceed 🙂

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

That ambush you mention is the one I use to say 'is my tanker OK'. Like you I have a few nightmare stories!  If I can be alone in a +3/8 and not sweat then I know the character's OK. Other people of course have +4/8, but that's just too slow for me... (maybe I need more damaging builds...). This character loved it. All the bosses where flopping all the time, stunned all the time, and I don't think I cracked a fingernail...  Hard to tell because I spam the dark regen as soon as it is back anyway as a damage/resist debuff/taunt/end recovery 

Staffs big sticks for dark/ are (as far as I know)

* awesome endurance management (like really awesome)

* an extra 10% Damage Resists

* A little extra melee defence

The downside of course is quite poor damage... unless you have a kinetics along in which case it becomes top tier  (the replacement for build up works great when you are damage capped). I don't think there is any DDR. I don't have a dark/staff tank, but my first 50 on homecoming was a staff/dark brute. I didn't have any influence, and it works just fine on SOs... (dark regen ... it's so hard to overstate how good a total heal every 10s is - it plugs almost every hole even 'just SO build')

The reason I didn't try it as a tanker after the tanker buffs is the low staff damage. It _feels_ great and is fun to play, but the actual numbers are poor.  As well as that I think dark/martial arts is more resilient than staff... it gets a buff to most defences, and most of the resists are capped anyway negating the benefit of the staff's 10% damage resists. My dark/martial artist is defence capped to everything, resist capped to everything except toxic  (although I need a temp power to help with energy)  a total heal every 10s and can stun even elite bosses which just attacking normally (Don't need to reduce damage done to do the stuns - unlike handclap). My Dark/martial artist hasn't died yet in ITF (and doesn't need temp powers there). It just seems to take a while to deal with lots of opponents

As for dark/dark I have a dark/dark scrapper... and ... wow... I team up usually with another dark/dark scrapper. We run around with everything feared, stunned and rip into them with soul drain buffed fireballs / PBAOE attacks. No problems to hit, huge damage... We can run around most content with quite rubbish defences, and maybe 50% damage resist and just own +2/8 content (we normally just run at that because we don't like the slowness of higher - that's +2 not including any alpha slot bonus... so often +3) . I think it's the teaming that makes it... I don't think the controls are _quite_ good enough to make a difference to a tanker if there's only one... but with two of you. We're also contemplating doing it with something like one of us being a corruptor... But at the moment we are having too much fun to want to mess with a winning formulae. I haven't tried the dark/dark tank... I can imagine it's quite good... but it will be relying on fear instead of stun, and the cloak of fear is heavy endurance poor accuracy, and usually negated - by death shroud if nothing else)

Invulnerability is (only personally)  close to the bottom of my list of things I enjoy. if I was doing a low damage build I'd go stone instead of invuln... it's only a small damage penalty and only some of the time, and just a ton safer while doing more damage most of the time (There is now no longer a material mobility penalty ...  and usually I don't need granite anyway.. its just great to have when you are in the small amount of tough content) . I know those words are heresy to others, and that's one of the good things about the game: we can all try different things and enjoy different things. 

Those are just views. Different people / different likes/dislikes.  Dislike is probably too strong a word anyway... the only power I dislike in city of heros is black hole (some power has to be the absolute worst in the game and that one is the clear winner of that competition). With these it's more 'which one I like more than the others'

It is hard to beat Shield defence for ITF runs with its DDR.

War mace would work well with DA for stuns also.

This is a build i have recently made (after a long break) and been toying with......

Spoiler

Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 6: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(50)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ScrDrv-Dam%(A), ThfofEss-+End%(15), Erd-%Dam(15), Obl-%Dam(17), TchoftheN-%Dam(17), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(19)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Cloak of Darkness -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), ShlWal-Def(21), Krm-ResKB(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 18: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), Rct-ResDam%(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), Hct-Dam%(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(40)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 44: Death Shroud -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(45), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(45), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(45), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Edited by Gobbledegook

Quick stab at DA/SS

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(7)
Level 1: Jab -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(11)
Level 2: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15)
Level 4: Haymaker -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Mk'Bit-Dam%(25)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 8: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31)
Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 12: Dark Regeneration -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(33), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(33), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(33), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 14: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 16: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(39)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40), Rct-ResDam%(40)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 26: Oppressive Gloom -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 28: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 32: Soul Transfer -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(43), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48)
Level 41: Foot Stomp -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19), PwrTrns-+Heal(19)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1304;625;1250;HEX;|
|78DA6593D96F125114C6EFC02042418A2D5B812ED04AA94843E37BA3A2265A92261|
|85FC984DE024281CC40A28F26D6E54DABC617D737F757D7E87FE152D76763D5C4DD|
|173C9DF359ABBDC9F0E39E73CFF9BE7BEF4CEE60D6757BF7E149A1B876D434C328E|
|CD3EA55A9DB725AA95214CBC34E4F88A385AC9C957543A6B39A5E2D6CD3E71A7A18|
|999CAC4999CEB79BF43FDFD265BDD42A0BF774A3514BEFAA94CAAD4ABDE43267535|
|26BD2C4F367322375A35C693ACD79BE29E54C6067B3524C6FD7DB2D59C837DAB542|
|4E335A523F14242383F4DC71D08FB26CAD63134FAC42645461790A3E63AACFC145E|
|6BA17CC947355ED499573A798EB17C0D34CE719F02CF32EE92A5CAB2A5FB89FEB2B|
|F89DB9E10718A0855155A449CF0A3DEBAC3073BD25B0CCF457C003CC6095798FF46|
|CD0B3412F08BD3EE8F5412F32C1BC4F3576D4D85113414D3F6AFA51D3FF93394E1E|
|1D5C231C86C58C3DA03E5DE6663BB6AE97BC6EF015F81A7CC31C7A0B4E321F52AD9|
|BFB59DC3E8573BDCCF85EDC13BD551E687AE659D34A312FC7AC5E788FC37B1CDE87|
|E13D439E7B70AE3D47F87E86E7C1A3CC4DC7C0E3E009A64A3A3EF8F3C15F02FE129|
|FB9BF9FD604788D12F86FCD23DA5F08DE4338AF09F213E6F352C29BF9FE92A0977A|
|45D12B8A5E49F47A4CBD0604EF63E09DC57C6792EF99634B608DFB8CCD315375668|
|CFAC6D03706AD1458A46D8CE07C46AEF2BE53D7985BAE8337C09BCCF15BCCADB497|
|51D48E9E47EE02789199B9045E06AF303BFF8E882A303AC2CC89A4BAF20176A6D66|
|4A7552429A2989125E7CA4787C8C7BF118B32C4D7D5BD9F8FB37B0F31A18A0F6BAA|
|3EADAE3AC797B67101FCC6E67FF909F0F61B1467DF7D|

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Goobledegook: That is some serious MIDs work there. Far far nicer numbers than I usually get! It's a really sweet build: need to try it.!

Hyperstrike: Nice defensive build. Far better numbers than mine. Its not my style: I'd rather toss a dark obliteration than a taunt... I have a couple of tanks with taunt and I usually regret 'wasting' the slot as I could almost always get a power that would let me get the aggro better. All that said I think I will be t trying that out as an alternative build. Having a 'much tougher' second form is great, and I can try taunt out again and see if it's better than I remember

Report on more experience

Exemplaring is really not fun. I had to go back and do positron to get the task force commander's badge. I like positron, and for my Dark/Martial arts its a sweet smooth ride from beginning to end. Here... not so much... I died twice (ok we were duoing and it was +1x8. So we ramped it back to -1x4). The lack of AOE is really noticable and not at all a pleasure

Higher level content. Although end is still a problem (don't have ageless yet), recovery serums handle it. The toon is rock solid, and a pleasure. Bad guys bounce all over the map. No problems at all in tinman: I just didn't knock out punch so much and then no problems with the blue patches of doom. I expected the rage crash to cause annoyance but it doesn't... I still attack because I want them bouncing... the dark regen and the handclap do their thing just fine. I can always drop in a hand grenade or a plasmatic taser, and with rage I seem to hit very often.  I haven't had any significant problems with DDR since the first bad experience in ITF. I just keep an eye on the elite bosses...everyone else is bouncing. If defence goes red (hardly ever) I leap away and a few seconds later problems gone... and that's pretty rare.

Summary:

It's a great build for high level content. If you want a generalist that can do anything and be awesome at it, the dark/MA is I think better.\

Edited by siran