Sentinels. Why???

Snarky

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Would have made balancing issues far simpler to deal with moving forward. Instead, we get the mess we have now.

And more homogeneous. It being a "problem" that the sets aren't all identical across the ATs isn't a problem to me, though. Different ATs have a different focus and that focus will change what becomes important/useful to the AT. Do I think every set fits that mold well? No, probably not, but claiming wholesale that the problem exists due to SR (for example) being slightly different across 3-4 ATs is just your opinion. One I don't happen to agree with.

55 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You should really stop trying to put words in my mouth

I'm not, though. You want Stalkers to change because you don't like playing them and it just so happens one of those reasons fits into your "all powersets that are the same in name should match across all ATs" campaign. You even stated earlier in the thread that one of the reasons you may not enjoy Stalkers is that you feel like you're "losing" powers in order to gain Hide and decided Hide should just be inherent in order to fix that so-called problem.

You have multiple reasons to not like Stalkers. I used one of those examples, which you stated in this very thread, as a reason why you want them to change. If you don't want people to "put words in your mouth", make sure they aren't already there first.

This thread has been derailed far enough, though. To the topic of Sentinels, I think they're mostly fine for standard play. They're a ranged option that's more soloable than a Blaster or Defender. I think that's the point. I wish they didn't get outmoded by heavy IO builds late-game, but many ATs suffer from this problem. My biggest complaint about Sentinels is how wide the effectiveness gap for each Primary is, where some are great and others are marginally better than shooting spitballs at something. After that gets addressed, maybe the inherent can be given a look since that's the next big sticking point.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

5 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I'm not, though. You want Stalkers to change because you don't like playing them and it just so happens one of those reasons fits into your "all powersets that are the same in name should match across all ATs" campaign.

And now you're just lying and attacking me for some petty dumbass reason or another. I have one stalker and that's all I'll ever have and that's only so that I'll have one of every AT fully built out. The AT doesn't suit me for the reasons mentioned earlier. I wouldn't build any more of them with or without the changes.

21 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And now you're just lying and attacking me for some petty dumbass reason or another

So you didn't say this, then? --

On 6/22/2021 at 2:26 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

And for the record, yea, the inclusion of Hide created a completely new powerset called Stalker-SR that shouldn't exist. Hide should be part of the inherent and not part of the armor.

Here's the side by side on brute vs stalker SR:

[snipped powerset comparison images for space]

I knew there was another reason I always hated stalkers.

I'm not attacking you. These are words you used and I extrapolated based on them. I'm not here to fight you BillZ but you're being really silly. It's probably time to move on.

• Haha 2

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

5 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

It's probably time to move on.

Then perhaps you should and no, I did not state what you are saying I've stated, (edit: This part "You want Stalkers to change because you don't like playing them and it just so happens one of those reasons fits into your "all powersets that are the same in name should match across all ATs" campaign." as I have already explained. Your extrapolation routine is malfunctioning.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

So many things in this game are all or nothing.  If your try to turn Sentinels into a class with agro management powers....   in my opinion  you are adding complexity and mediocrity instead of simplifying and adding excellence.  

I don't want them to add aggro management to the AT. I said I recommend grabbing the pool for it. On current, right-now sentinels. That comment had 0% to do with how I would change the class.