New AV for Cimerora...

I wouldn't be against the idea. I was going to say it may be better as a Giant Monster with a high mag single target hold, but GMs rarely get taken on much these days so it would probably be a waste of time doing that. Being an AV in a new arc would likely be the way to go. 

Having said that I don't think the snakey hair would be easy to do, and might take up an unrealistic amount of dev time. If it's easy to do though I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

1 hour ago, CaptainLupis said:

Having said that I don't think the snakey hair would be easy to do, and might take up an unrealistic amount of dev time. If it's easy to do though I'm all for it.

It need not be a true Gorgon.  The game already has the wireframe for the Snakes of Mercy Island, and the higher ranks have metal bands and chestplates with designs that have a Greek look.  A few simpler modifications to the Stheno skin, for example, could yield an AV without snake hair.

It says in the lore regarding the Snakes that it is suspected that their bite can mutate a person into a Snake.  What if the proposed AV, in addition to having a massive single target hold were also able to single target strike and turn a player character against teammates for a time?  I believe that mechanic already exists in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Techwright said:

What if the proposed AV, in addition to having a massive single target hold were also able to single target strike and turn a player character against teammates for a time?  I believe that mechanic already exists in the game.

I think that's just the confusion status, though that can be circumvented by not using any powers so something else would have to forced the confused target to use powers.  That might not be possible.

On a side note, Medusa-like snake hair already exists as a hair option for female builds.  Might not be that farfetched combine it with the serpentine legs you see used by the Talons of Vengance.  In fact I think such an enemy already exists within the Talons.

EDIT: While maybe not fully accurate to Medusa of mythos, Gorgons already do exist within the Talons as an Elite Boss.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Talons_of_Vengeance#Gorgon

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

14 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

I wouldn't be against the idea. I was going to say it may be better as a Giant Monster with a high mag single target hold, but GMs rarely get taken on much these days so it would probably be a waste of time doing that.

... which server are you on? On Everlasting I see requests for GM teams frequently, and GM hunt teams that go after multiples are ... probably a couple of times a week that I know of.

And yes, anti-player Confuse does exist in game. (I believe one of the BAF mobs does, or did, this, as well as the Succubus from the COT, from memory.)

I'm not sure I'd go for this as a GM - I don't honestly think there's enough in Cim to really have it fit - having more arcs in Cim going into gorgons (and perhaps other easily-reachable representations of myths) for something to do pre-Incarnate would be great.

Edit: GIven Medusa's story in the Metamorphosis, specifically (might be monsterous, but not a monster - she's the victim of a curse from Minerva/Athena,) an arc that gives a choice of defeat or "free from the curse" might be interesting and a change of pace. (Especially if she's an AV....)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.