Kneel Before Me - Fire/Storm

Dahle

This is a WiP and will be changing.  But for now here it is in the rough format.

Edit: Thanks to Sovera for pointing out I had the Acc slotted into Tornado.  That was the incorrect. And pointing out that maybe Gale was a good place to throw the Chance for Rech Force Feedback enhancement.  It'll be worth trying out.  We may also take out the filler of Long Range TP for Super Speed to get that sweet Invisibility in missions.

To preface, this is not going to be your normal lockdown Troller build and it is long.  To be honest, it is kind of my Troll build.  With there being 2 KB (Knockback) to KD (Knockdown) enhancments now, Overwhelming Force (Universal Damage) and Sudden Acceleration (Knockback), we can slot up all 3 of the major KB powers to make them KD instead.  This will allow us the 'herd' enemies into clusters that we want.  I will breakdown the powers in each set depending on how important they are to us and then talk about my choices for Powerpools.  I will give you IO options but suggest going for the Sets, mostly because with Sets we can back a bunch of recharge into the build without Rech IOs. (Warning, going the IO route will be slow, cause I didn't put many Rech IOs in when I did this.)

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

So lets talk about Fire Control first.  This is, in my opinion, great AoE Primary Power Set.  Unfortunately we are going to be ignoring some of the staples of this set in favor of our goal of putting everyone on their knees.  So without further ado:

Ring of Fire - Single Target Immobilize (Moderate DoT) - We are going to skip this all together.  You may want it early on, just for some extra single target damage, and then Respec out of it later, but I have gotten by without and don't have any reason to pick it up.

Char - Single Target Hold (Moderate DoT) - This will be our bread and butter single target ability.  It has a decent duration and does a Mag 3 hold.  I'd suggest at least 5 slotting this power, 1 Acc, 2 Hold, 2 Dmg or Rech.  And if you got to put a set in it we are going 5 Gladiator's Net (I skip the Chance for Damage here).

Fire Cages - Ranged AoE Immobilize (Minor DoT) - We are going to be using this power A LOT.  We don't want any of those pesky bad guys to get away from us before we can make them bow down before our greatness.  For the majority of my lower levels, I open with Fire Cages to stop baddies from getting away, moving into positions I don't want, or just plan stopping them from getting to me.  The damage is nothing outstanding but the utility is where it is at.  We want to slot this for Acc though, as it suffers from the normal debuff to AoE Acc.  So I suggest 3 slotting this with 2 Acc and 1 Rech.  If your are looking at sets for this, we are going to need to get to 5 slots and grab the Gravitational Anchor set (Skip the Immob/EndRed), pricey but worth the bonuses.

Smoke - Ranged AoE Blind - This power can essentially, with Fire Cages, set up a second AoE Hold for Fire Control.  Mixing the 2 powers can allow you, when not in melee with the baddies, all the freedom you want.  But we aren't truly looking for a Hold, thus why I like this combo so much.  The Perception debuff last so long also that it can assist you when foes do manage to find their feet in mitigating a hit or 2.  But it is another power you would need to slot out and use.  So if you are like me and you are just trolling, you may just be skipping this also.  If you take it, 2 slot it with 2 Acc.  Don't put a set in it as the ToHit sets don't give Acc.

Hot Feet - Aura (Minor DoT) - Under all normal circumstances I feel this is mandatory for Fire Control.  We need the extra tick of damage and this would be it, but we have to skip this.  Here is why, we aren't going to be putting baddies in a 20 foot radius of us often enough to justify the drain on our End.  Hurricane is a 25' radius and this is only 20', we will be using Hurricane to move enemies into a position of our liking and not jumping on top of them with this power.

Flashfire - Ranged AoE Disorient (Minor Damage) - Wowza, a 15 sec-ish Disorient, I love this.  Plus a little damage.  Looks great on  paper, and it can be an amazing. We are only going to 5 slot it with Absolute Amazement (Skipping the ToHit Debuff). If you don't put a set in it, then 3 Slot it with 2 Acc and 1 Rech.  [side note, combined with Thunder Clap, these two powers have the ability to lockdown boss mobs with a total Stun of Mag 5]

Cinders - PBHold - You are going to laugh at me...  We are going to skip the AoE Hold.  You are going to have to get into the thick of it to drop this and we don't want to do that.  Simple.  Otherwise it is your everyday Controller AoE Hold.

Bonfire - Ranged AoE Knockdown (Minor Damage) - This is where the start kneeling to you in Fire Control.  This'll be a mandatory to troll all those non-believers.  We are going to be dropping this as an opening line once we get it slotted and we won't stop, we can't stop.  What is going to happen is this, you throw a Bonfire out and creep in with hurricane while throwing out a fire cages to keep those that resist or miss in the effect area, and then you watch them tumble to their knees and struggle to keep their feet before your greatness.  We will layer this on too and once everyone is in place we are going to drop a Tornado on them too.  Slotting this is easy, 5 Slots.  We must have the Overwhelming Force KB to KD slotted in this and everything but the Acc/Dmg/End.  Otherwise with the KB to KD enhancement, 3 Rech, and 2 EndRed.

Fire Imps - Pet (Minor Damage) - Here are our forever friends.  These little guys are around to shred the mightiest of foes into nothingness.  And they will probably end up being most of your damage.  1 slot with Soulbound Allegiance (Chn for Buildup) and 5 Sovereign Right (Skip Acc/EndRed).  If sets are not an option yet you can put 3 Acc and 3 Dmg IOs in.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.

Now for Storm Summoning.  This is a super fun and often mishandled secondary.  Mostly people screw up with Hurricane and blow enemies all over the place.  We are going to fix that.

Gale - Cone Knockback (Minor Damage) - We have to take it.  We are going to try the Force Feedback Chance for +Recharge here, it give us control over the proc a bit.  Need also one of the Sudden Acceleration KB to KD here to stop it from tossing things everywhere.

O2 Boost - Ally Heal - We don't have to take it.  So now you don't have to remove it from your bar.

Snow Storm - Toggle Targeted AoE DeBuff - We are going to skip this. One more thing you don't need to remove from your bar.

Steamy Mist - Toggle AoE Team Buff - Some resistances, and team Stealth.  I like this.  And I take it, I turn it on, and I don't very often turn it off.  That is bad of me, it drains on End and we need End, but it also give you some Res buffs so I commonly like to keep it on.  If you are good at knowing your enemies, turn it off against those that don't do Fire/Cold/Energy/Confuse.  We are going to 3 Slot this, 2 EndRed  and 1 Resist.  If you can loss them Resist you should put in a Luck of the Gambler (Global Rech) instead.

Freezing Rain - Ranged AoE Debuff with Knockdown (Minor DoT) - Awww Yeah! More knockdown effects.  This can will be a great debuff though.  It'll help increase your damage while adding a little of its own.  We are going to slot this with 3 Rech IOs.  If you feel really mean you can 5 slot this with Positron's Blast (Skip the Damage/End).

Hurricane - Toggled Repel Aura with Knockback - Here we are with more knockback effects.  Though we are not so much looking at this for the KB but for the repel that will help us herd things around.  You can expect to turn this on and off quite a bit. And if you are not turning it on and off, you are doing it wrong.  This has a mandatory slotting of the Sudden Acceleration KB to KB enhancement.  We will only slot with 2 more slots, EndRed.  I can't tell you to not put more Sudden Acceleration into this, but you can if you want, it has no Damage so I feel like it is a waste.  If you want to put a 4th slot here, and we are trolling, you could put in the Forced Feedback proc (Chan for Rech), it might be funny though it definitely is not optimal.

Thunder Clap - PBAoE Disorient - We have avoided Player based things that actually involve you getting into the thick of it, but if you went the route of Flashfire over Smoke, this might be a good power to round out your Disorient lockdown.  With this and Flashfire you can Mag 5 Disorient and get a Boss mob.  To slot this we would go with 2 Stupify (Acc/Rech, Acc/Stun/Rech). And if you skip the set, 1 Stun and 1 Rech will do.

Tornado - Recharge Pet with Knockback and Disorient (Minor Damage) - This one does it all!  It actually includes a Disorient, a Knockback (We can fix it) and debuffs.  It is a Recharge Pet, so we are going to treat it like one. We are going to 6 Slot it, first first with one of those nifty Sudden Acceleration KB to KD enhancements in it!  Because we will be throwing this out over and over again, we won't worry to much and just slot it with 4 Expedient Reinforcement (Skip Acc/Dmg and Acc/Rech).  If you plan on skipping the set, you can instead go with 2 Dmg, 2 Rech and 1 EndRed

Lightning Storm - Stationary Targeted Pet with Lightning Bolts and Knockback (High Dmg) - Here is another 'pet' for us.  This one we are going to just throw in the middle of the enemies and let it work.  We want to put another one of those amazing Sudden Acceleration KB to KD enhancements in it so it doesn't throw enemies out of our death zone, so 6 slots. And we are going to add an additional 5 slots for Apocalypse (Skip the Dmg/EndRed).  If you don't want the set you can do the following, 2 Rech, 1 Dmg and 1 EndRed.

And my Powerpools.  Your actual travel is up to you, but I have always enjoyed Teleporting.  So if you want to skip Teleport in my build you could add in Fighting.  I use Flight, Teleportation, Leadership and Speed. Don't forget the free Fitness pool.  No Promises I go into super details.

Flight - Hover - And only Hover, this is a cheap defensive and I find the mobility in combat to be nice, I can float over my enemies and don't have to try jumping in.  I slot in the Kismet (+Global Acc), 1 Luck of the Gambler (Global Rech) and Blessing of the Zephyr (KB Red) here.

Teleportation - Recall Friend - Be that guy.  The one that brings the party.  I put a Range IO.

Teleportation - Teleport - Here is your Travel Power.  You can slot it with a 2 EndRed. 

Choice:

• Teleportation - Long Range Teleport - Utility only.  Just put 1 Rech Red IO here.
  • Speed - Super Speed - For Mission Inivisibility paired with Steamy Mist.  Put Celerity +Stealth.

Speed - Haste - A simple must have if you go for set bonuses as you could Perma Haste. 2 Rech IOs.  (All the set bonuses will get you really close, but you will need a proc on that funny Forced Feedback enhancement to pull off Perma.)

Leadership - Maneuvers - 4 Slots here. If you got with IOs do 2 EndRed and 2 Def.  With sets you should get 4 Luck of the Gambler (Skip Def/Rech and EndRed/Rech).

Leadership - Tactics - 5 Slots minimum if you are going to put a set or otherwise.  Without a set just drop 3 ToHit IOs and 2 EndRed IOs.  With sets go for 5 Adjusted Targeting (Skip the Rech).

Leadership - Assault - Yeah it isn't flashy but with a single EndRed IO this can add a little to your solo team of 5.

Fitness - Stamina - This is the only one I'll talk about from here.  If you have the slots you can add up to three of them here.  Just put EndMod IOs in if you only put 1 extra slot. If you put 2, grad three Efficacy Adapter enhancements (Skip the ones without EndMod and with 3 Modifiers). And if for some odd reason you make it to 4, you can put a 4 slot of Performance Shifter (Skip Acc/Rec and EndMod/Acc/Rech). If you put no extra slots here, you can choose, 1 EndMod or the Performance Shift Chance for End.

And Finally Epic Pool.  I chose Fire. I think it fits well.

Fire Ball - I five slot this with 5 Ragnarok (Skip Dmg/EndRed).  This will be some of your better AoE damage that isn't from a pet honestly.

Fire Shield - I five slot this with 1 Steadfast Protection (KB Prot) and 4 Reactive Armor (Skipping the Res/Rech and EndRed/Rech).

Rise of the Pheonix - I take this at 50 in case I go Splat...

Consume - I five slot this, 5 Armageddon (Skip Dmg/End).

Here is my Pine's Build. You will notice that Huricane, Tornado and Lightning Storm all have an empty slot, that is for Sudden Acceleration KB to KD. Note, I have 3 unused Slots, they could be for Stamina or something else.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Controller

Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Teleportation

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Char

• (A) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (3) Gladiator's Net - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (3) Gladiator's Net - Recharge/Hold
  • (5) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (5) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Hold

Level 1: Gale

• (A) Empty SA KB to KD here.
  • (43) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 2: Fire Cages

• (A) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize
  • (7) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize/Recharge
  • (7) Gravitational Anchor - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
  • (9) Gravitational Anchor - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (15) Gravitational Anchor - Chance for Hold

Level 4: Hover

• (A) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (15) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (23) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 6: Recall Friend

• (A) Range IO

Level 8: Teleport

• (A) Time & Space Manipulation - +Stealth
  • (9) Time & Space Manipulation - Endurance

Level 10: Steamy Mist

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (11) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 12: Flashfire

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun
  • (13) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge
  • (13) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (43) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (50) Absolute Amazement - Endurance/Stun

Level 14: Long Range Teleport

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16: Freezing Rain

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (31) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range

Level 18: Maneuvers

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 20: Hurricane

• (21) Endurance Reduction IO
  • (21) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 22: Tactics

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff
  • (25) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (34) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Adjusted Targeting - Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 24: Hasten

• (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 26: Bonfire

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (27) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Overwhelming Force - Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 28: Thunder Clap

• (A) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (31) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun

Level 30: Assault

Level 32: Fire Imps

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (33) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus
  • (33) Sovereign Right - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Sovereign Right - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Sovereign Right - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Sovereign Right - Accuracy

Level 35: Tornado

• (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge

Level 38: Lightning Storm

• (39) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (46) Apocalypse - Damage

Level 41: Fire Ball

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (42) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown

Level 44: Fire Shield

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
  • (45) Reactive Armor - Endurance
  • (45) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
  • (46) Reactive Armor - Resistance

Level 47: Consume

• (A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (48) Armageddon - Damage
  • (48) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 2: Health

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

------------

------------

Set Bonus Totals:

• 14.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 14.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 1.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 1.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3.75% Defense(Energy)
  • 3.75% Defense(Negative)
  • 0.63% Defense(Melee)
  • 1.88% Defense(Ranged)
  • 2.25% Max End
  • 2.5% Enhancement(Held)
  • 72% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 87.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 76.3 HP (7.5%) HitPoints
  • Knockback (Mag -8)
  • Knockup (Mag -8)
  • MezResist(Confused) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 53.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 53.75%
  • 17% (0.28 End/sec) Recovery
  • 54% (2.29 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 23.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 23.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 40.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 40.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 28.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 28.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 20% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 20% Resistance(Psionic)

------------

Set Bonuses:

Gladiator's Net

(Char)

•   2.5% Enhancement(Held)
  •   2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •   2.25% Max End
  •   10% Enhancement(Range)

Gravitational Anchor

(Fire Cages)

•   4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
  •   6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  •   15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  •   10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler

(Hover)

•   7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Blessing of the Zephyr

(Hover)

•   Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Time & Space Manipulation

(Teleport)

•   8% (0.34 HP/sec) Regeneration

Luck of the Gambler

(Steamy Mist)

Positron's Blast

(Freezing Rain)

•   2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  •   2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •   9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  •   6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler

(Maneuvers)

•   10% (0.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •   11.45 HP (1.13%) HitPoints

Adjusted Targeting

(Tactics)

•   2% DamageBuff(All)
  •   3% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  •   5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Overwhelming Force

(Bonfire)

•   12% (0.51 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •   3% DamageBuff(All)
  •   15.26 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  •   2.5% Defense(Energy,Negative), 1.25% Defense(Ranged)

Stupefy

(Thunder Clap)

•   2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery

Sovereign Right

(Fire Imps)

•   8% (0.34 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •   2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •   19.08 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  •   3.75% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  •   10% Resistance(All)

Expedient Reinforcement

(Tornado)

•   1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •   3% DamageBuff(All)
  •   6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  •   10% Resistance(All)

Apocalypse

(Lightning Storm)

•   16% (0.68 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •   30.52 HP (3%) HitPoints
  •   4% DamageBuff(All)

Ragnarok

(Fire Ball)

•   6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%

Steadfast Protection

(Fire Shield)

•   Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Reactive Armor

(Fire Shield)

•   1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •   1.25% Defense(Energy,Negative), 0.63% Defense(Ranged)
  •   1.25% Defense(Smashing,Lethal), 0.63% Defense(Melee)

Armageddon

(Consume)

Reserved 1

Reserved 2

Reserved 3

Wouldn't Gale with a KB to KD be super effective control on a short cd?

I agree. Gale's a very useful mitigation power in my experience.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Wouldn't Gale with a KB to KD be super effective control on a short cd?

If I recall correctly Tornado is auto hit and thus does not need accuracy slots.  Gale with a recharge proc might be worth it too.

I have nothing for Acc slotted into Tornado because there is no need.  To get a Rech proc into Gale we would need to 6 slot it, probably with a full set of Sudden Accleration.  But I could see, if someone wanted to use it, slotting it with the SA KB to KD and movine the slot for FF Chance for Rech to it and then slotting 2-3 of either of those sets in addition into it.  It give you some control over the FF proc and allows you to manage it instead of just letting it happen.  I have always just found that Gale is an crapshot of a power, it doesn't hit what I want it to hit and the things it are already under control.  Plus it isn't going to add to the damage.  But it might be worth trying out.  Here is an example of that if I were to apply the remaining slots in the build into Gale and move FF. And you'll notice where I added in the SA enhancements, the 4 slot in Gale would give 2.5 dmg (all), 2.25 max End, and a 7.5% Movement (all).

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Controller

Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Teleportation

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), GldNet-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(3), GldNet-Acc/Rchg(5), GldNet-Acc/Hold(5)

Level 1: Gale -- Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown(A), Sudden Acceleration: Knockback/Accuracy(23), Sudden Acceleration: Knockback/Damage/Recharge(37), Sudden Acceleration: Knockback/Accuracy/Damage(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)

Level 2: Fire Cages -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Hold%(15)

Level 4: Hover -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(15), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(23)

Level 6: Recall Friend -- Range-I(A)

Level 8: Teleport -- Tim&SpcMn-Stlth(A), Tim&SpcMn-EndRdx(9)

Level 10: Steamy Mist -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(11), LucoftheG-Rchg+(11)

Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(43), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(50)

Level 14: Long Range Teleport -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 16: Freezing Rain -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(17), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(50)

Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25)

Level 20: Hurricane -- Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown(A), EndRdx-I(21), EndRdx-I(21)

Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(25), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(40)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)

Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(27), OvrFrc-End/Rech(27), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(29), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(29)

Level 28: Thunder Clap -- Stp-Stun/Rng(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(31)

Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Fire Imps -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SvrRgh-PetResDam(33), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(33), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SvrRgh-Acc(34)

Level 35: Tornado -- Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown(A), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37)

Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dam%(40), Apc-Dmg(46)

Level 41: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Knock%(43)

Level 44: Fire Shield -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), RctArm-EndRdx(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(45), RctArm-ResDam(46)

Level 47: Consume -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50)

Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A), Empty(46)

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)

------------

The recharge proc meant was the chance to recharge, so just one extra slot. The skill has no other use other than soft CC, certainly not for damage, and perhaps be a carrier for the chance to recharge since Hurricane won't always be turned on and not always knocking something.

As for Tornado when loaded in Pines it shows 78% accuracy.

jSOM4Zv.png?1

Two things I was thinking. If we are spamming Fire Cages then won't the need for the KB>KD IO pretty much be negated? Fire Cages + Bonfire has been a staple since before that particular IO has been around, no? But does Tornado play well with Fire Cages? The second thing was how Long Range Teleport feels like a better Oroboros portal. But it costs a power. Not sure if worth the power cost, in my opinion.

The recharge proc meant was the chance to recharge, so just one extra slot. The skill has no other use other than soft CC, certainly not for damage, and perhaps be a carrier for the chance to recharge since Hurricane won't always be turned on and not always knocking something.

As for Tornado when loaded in Pines it shows 78% accuracy.

You caught me, those are not the correct enhancements. And I'll fix that shortly.  The only Acc enhance should be the Acc/Dmg/Rech one.

Two things I was thinking. If we are spamming Fire Cages then won't the need for the KB>KD IO pretty much be negated? Fire Cages + Bonfire has been a staple since before that particular IO has been around, no? But does Tornado play well with Fire Cages? The second thing was how Long Range Teleport feels like a better Oroboros portal. But it costs a power. Not sure if worth the power cost, in my opinion.

Fire Cages doesn't stop KB like some of the other imobs do, you look for -Fly for the ones and they ase the ones that stop KB in Pine's (I believe).  So previously you would find a wall or a corner to do your bonfire into, that would cause the mobs to just bounce off a wall.  This way you can hedge almost any group into a circle with Hurricane and keep them the fire cages on them so they cannot leave it.  Tornado has its own problems and some crappy AI, kinda like Voltaic Sentinel, it is just going to do it's own thing.  You are not going to want to put it out there if there is anothe group you don't want to pull just yet really close.

Long Range TP is a costly OB portal, you are correct.  And I'd probably swap it out for something else at some point (Maybe Superspeed for the total Invis when running missions that you want to skip.) Right now it is just there.

Prior to the shutting down of CoH there was a point when you could get a KB to KD enhancement, and that is where this whole build originated from for me.  I played it for a good long time.

Fire Cages doesn't stop KB like some of the other imobs do, you look for -Fly for the ones and they ase the ones that stop KB in Pine's (I believe).  So previously you would find a wall or a corner to do your bonfire into, that would cause the mobs to just bounce off a wall.  T

The only controller immobilizes that don't turn knockback into knockdock (previously preventing knockback) are in Gravity and Ice.  In Pine's you can see which ones have the -kb component by clicking on the effects tab where power info is displayed.

That aside, I would keep the knockback to knockdown IOs in those powers.  Due to target caps, you may not hit everything with your Fire Cages and that will leave it to be tossed around.  Also, if using both Bonfire and Tornado there's a chance to stack knockback and that will help to minimize things being tossed around.

Per the most recent Patch Notes (located in Announcements forum)

POWERS

Immobilize Powers in Controller and Dominator primary power sets should no longer make their targets immune to KnockUp. KnockBack will be converted to KnockDown. This helps sets like Ice and Earth, as their AOE Immobilize power will no longer make their AOE Knockback power useless.

Should make all of the above issues regarding immune to KB/KD/KU Moot.