The Pilgrim: Dual Pistols Swap Ammo does not detoggle during Outbreak/Zig mission

ZorkNemesis

I decided to run The Pilgrim's story arc to get my Jail Bird badge on my villain.  Said villain uses Dual Pistols and has Swap Ammo as expected.  Incendiary ammunition was toggled on upon entering the Zig Breakout mission and remained active, despite losing access to Swap Ammo due to being reduced to level 1.  I could not turn off the fire bullets nor could I swap to another type of bullet.  I have a feeling it's because the three ammo toggles are not part of the level up selection, sort of, but I find it odd that i'd lose access to the swaps without losing my fire bullets in the first place.  Leaving the mission manually allows access to ammo swapping, but whatever ammo I have upon entering is locked in until I leave.

Given the mechanics of the power, I assume the similar powers found in Staff Fighting and Bio Armor also don't turn off upon entering Outbreak/Breakout.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 hours ago, JayboH said:

Interesting.  What AT?

Defender, who can't get Swap Ammo until 10.  Similarly a Tanker can't get Staff Stances until 10, and non-Tankers can't get Bio Armor's Adaptations until 10 either.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The devs back then did ignore alot of stuff when it wasnt considered exploitable.  Programming a fix was likely considered too much effort for a fairly specific bug.  Of course the current devs may feel differently.

This has something to do with the way the mission sets your level. There seems to be an "arc or mission-wide" way that properly strips you of powers like this, and an "in-mission only" way that fails to do this. It will fail to remove any power you have via grant by another power. For example, the new travel power bonus effects will stick around, even if you lose the travel power. It was testing for the travel power changes that actually brought this to the attention of the current devs.

They do know about it, but I don't know what the priority is to fix it, if any.