Weapon/Gadget Animations for all powers

2 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

I would assume they would reuse existing assets. The real challenge is finding suitable animations with matching time with the original animations. 

The power visuals have specific locations on the character rigging where the power originates. Take Fire Blast; the snipe has the character hunching into their chest, then extending both hands out in front of them, and the fire blast comes out from the extended hands. Now look at the AR snipe animation -- weapon to the right shoulder, sighting over the barrel. Attach the Fire Blast power effect, and it's coming from a spot to the left of the character's weapon. Every single power, to be usable as weapon fire, would have to have a specific animation for that power for each different weapon -- the Redding Rifle is a different length than the Thompson SMG, so they require different 'muzzle points' for the power visual origin.

10 hours ago, srmalloy said:

The power visuals have specific locations on the character rigging where the power originates. Take Fire Blast; the snipe has the character hunching into their chest, then extending both hands out in front of them, and the fire blast comes out from the extended hands. Now look at the AR snipe animation -- weapon to the right shoulder, sighting over the barrel. Attach the Fire Blast power effect, and it's coming from a spot to the left of the character's weapon. Every single power, to be usable as weapon fire, would have to have a specific animation for that power for each different weapon -- the Redding Rifle is a different length than the Thompson SMG, so they require different 'muzzle points' for the power visual origin.

Not really? We already have alternate animations for powers where the animations are completely different, they literally just reused an existing animation from another power. The challenge, as I see it, would be finding existing animations with the same animation time to swap with. I *think* they can modify animation times, either speeding them up or slowing them down, so that might not even be too much of a stretch.  As for muzzle points, Beam Rifle can use any of the rifle models despite them all being different lengths already, so i don't think that is a big hurdle. 

Edited by Communistpenguin

I see the volunteer page has a lot of people looking.  
I get it though, it could be like American Idol where they think they can sing but they can't.. 

I always wished the original game would have went this way as well. 

Shooting fireball from a staff or wand..  Energy Blast from chest .. Full auto from a shoulder gun.  ETC.. Bonfire from a grenade or Molotov cocktail.  Aid Other and/or Aid Self from some hovering drone.  Crossbow or Hand Crossbow for archery powers.  

I think instead of adding content, which is GREAT.. 
But the game does have a lot.. Tons of story arch, Missions, Task Forces.. 

Something like this which is WORK , but there is game breaking issues with it per say.. Meaning it won't cause an imbalance in the game that you will be constantly be needing to chase down and fix.

I say teach the volunteers whom want to animate how or what needs to be done in the system and let them submit work.. 

And it doesn't have to be all or nothing.. If adding wands and staves to fire animations, and only fire is easiest then that is what comes first.. No need to have to pump out different animations for every power set all at once. 

Again I get this is pie in the sky stuff. 

15 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Again I get this is pie in the sky stuff. 

Yeah, I try to note whenever I have a suggestion I expect is out of scope. Ones I think are truly impossible I tend to put in general rather than suggestions and are just sort of leh.