Willpower/Energy Melee

txdragoon

Does anyone have experience with this combo or a build I could look at? The only one I could find is older and I'd like some comparison. I have been trying to find the tanker I like and have tried several combos ..INV/SS, WP/SS, SR/SS, and BIO/SS. I want that SS feel but I have gotten tired of Rage crashes ( I know .. I know.. ). So I wanted to try an EnM tanker and see how the damage is. So far I think Bio/SS has been the best damage (its a proc build) and I was hoping energy might come close.

I have also been tempted to switch back to Brute for EM/EnA....

I'm looking for a main basically ... its been about 8 months of looking lol.

Thanks

I'd say it depends on which "feel" you want to get. Lot of folks are/have-been moving over to Street Justice to get away from the Rage crash while still maintaining a naturally strong feel to their character and it's in no way a bad set.

Energy Melee does indeed hit hard but if you team a lot you're going to find yourself corpse blasting often due to the excessively long animation times for total focus and energy transfer, when ET isn't shortened by the Energy Focus that comes from using TF. I've got combos of both across a few ATs. Think my StJ/Inv is a brute, but I've got tanks using both shield/nrg and bio/nrg. You're correct that the bio/nrg is the single target damage master (my nrg/bio scrapper sits around 1:30 to take down a pylon and even that could be better) but bio is susceptible to slows and with no defense debuff resistance it can get itself into trouble fast at the highest difficulty levels.

I can't really speak much on willpower as I've never had one fully tricked out. Every time I've built one it's been deleted which is kind of a bummer because my original "me" character was supposed to be a StJ/WP brute. He ended up being my fire/bio sentinel.

Here's hoping someone with more info shows up but I suspect going WP/StJ will fit well what you're looking for.

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'd say it depends on which "feel" you want to get. Lot of folks are/have-been moving over to Street Justice to get away from the Rage crash while still maintaining a naturally strong feel to their character and it's in no way a bad set.

I have tried StJ as well its sitting in my back page waiting for me to decide. Hey, thanks for the answer. Funny enough I am almost done leveling your Shield/Energy tanker and, despite the fact it in no way fits thematically, is just about exactly what i've been looking for. So .. thanks for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, txdragoon said:

Does anyone have experience with this combo or a build I could look at? The only one I could find is older and I'd like some comparison. I have been trying to find the tanker I like and have tried several combos ..INV/SS, WP/SS, SR/SS, and BIO/SS. I want that SS feel but I have gotten tired of Rage crashes ( I know .. I know.. ). So I wanted to try an EnM tanker and see how the damage is. So far I think Bio/SS has been the best damage (its a proc build) and I was hoping energy might come close.

I have also been tempted to switch back to Brute for EM/EnA....

I'm looking for a main basically ... its been about 8 months of looking lol.

Thanks

Here's my WP/Fire.  He's a remake from live, so I ingore everyone who hates on fiery melee and yells;  YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE RAD, DUMMY!

He's a whole heck of alot of fun and, as Warboss says:  "Nothing warms your opponent like fiery melee"...or something like that.  He also is my fire farmer and can solo the "Big Mobs" tunnel fire farm in about 15 minutes (+4/8 no bosses, because bosses just take too darned long to die), and yet tank 99% of all the other PVE content.  Not much DDR without Barrier, however, so ITF ain't his forte, but that's WP for you and why you have an Inv/SS in your stable 🙂

Hope that helps!

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Will Power-Flame v2.0: Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Willpower
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), NmnCnv-Heal(7), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(9)
Level 1: Scorch -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(13), KntCmb-Knock%(15), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 2: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15)
Level 4: Super Jump -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(21)
Level 6: Fast Healing -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(27), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33)
Level 8: Indomitable Will -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Rise to the Challenge -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal(31)
Level 12: Combustion -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(33)
Level 14: Quick Recovery -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(31), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(33), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(34), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(36), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(37)
Level 16: Kick -- KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(19), KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(39), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 20: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(36)
Level 22: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 26: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-ToHit(40), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(42), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 28: Breath of Fire -- GntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), GntFis-Dmg/Rchg(45), GntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), GntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), GntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(37), GntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 32: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg(46)
Level 35: Incinerate -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-RechEnd(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(46)
Level 47: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Strength of Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19)
Level 50: Resilient Core Paragon 
Level 50: Mighty Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Total Core Conversion 
Level 50: Longbow Total Core Improved Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Rebirth Core Epiphany 
------------

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

You can build WP to have well over 3k HP, while regenerating almost 100hp/sec (with 1 mob to fuel RttC), AND while having soft capped typed defense to most.

IMHO, the only downside to WP is not having a damage toggle. I LOVE having a damage toggle on my tanks.

EM hits hard. VERY hard. Be prepared to excel at single target damage, but somewhat lack in AoE.

I had a WP/EM back on live.  I was tanking Recluse in Statesman TF.  Running ITF.  WP can be made to be tough!  While it seems to be skipped often, I'm one who thinks SoW (Tier 9) is worth taking on WP.  I do believe you have to know when to click it, and last minute is not when you click it.

With some of the new IOs we have now, I can only imagine WP being tougher (Tanker ATOs, +Heal Proc, +Absorb Proc).

The only downside, I may see, is building to be tough on WP, last I recall, makes it harder to build for +RCH, for the attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

From day one, to be exact when excelsior went live my main has been a em/wp brute. I honestly think they go together like macaroni and cheese, i.e. the more recharge you get the more you can spam TF/ET and the hit point penalty isn't even noticeable due to WPs regen. I can also stack roughly 15 - 20 mag worth of stun at a time which permanently stuns boss/eb/av without triangles which gives WP a chance to regen up. 

On 8/8/2021 at 8:11 PM, BrandX said:

I had a WP/EM back on live.  I was tanking Recluse in Statesman TF.  Running ITF.  WP can be made to be tough!  While it seems to be skipped often, I'm one who thinks SoW (Tier 9) is worth taking on WP.  I do believe you have to know when to click it, and last minute is not when you click it.

With some of the new IOs we have now, I can only imagine WP being tougher (Tanker ATOs, +Heal Proc, +Absorb Proc).

The only downside, I may see, is building to be tough on WP, last I recall, makes it harder to build for +RCH, for the attacks.

I agree with everything here. I have now a EM/WP and can tank everything, Hami or even ITF no problem. So depends how you build them and yes EM hits like thors hammer being thrown down from Valhalla.