Travel these days

Glacier Peak

I love it. 

I aged in this game with an SS/SJ only focus on legacy. I wanted to go the fastest. Since then, I've learned to love Fly on HC, with it's excellent vertical control and nimbleness. Teleport is great too if I'm actively playing, and the origin pools offer satisfactory niche adds to those traditional travel powers. Then you got your other movement powers, p2w has great selections, base temps, IO sets and bonuses, and Day Job temps allow me the freedom to build my characters without what used to be a MUST HAVE (looking at you Hollows at Level 4 with Hover 😅). That's on addition to the QoL improvements to the zone to zone and zone to mission travel. I've got an incredible amount of options (Long Range Teleport, Ouroboros portal, Base Teleporter, Supergroup Teleporter, day job base teleporters, Mission Teleporter, Team Mission Teleporter, Black Helicopter Line, PvP Free Fire Helicopters, Trams, TUNNEL portals, hub zones like Pocket D, a standing base portal in every(?) zone) to decrease my already fast journey time to any number of objectives. Of course, I had to earn them to use them, but they are easily worth the effort. 

And just for giggles, I created a character to run around Outbreak to remember the "good old days" of movement. 

All in all, these are great times to be playing a great game! Keep up the awesome work HC team. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

And this is why I feel comfortable creating my next alt with no travel pool power. Got sprint and athletic run with a jetpack. I think he will do just fine. Rarely have far to travel anyways. 

I made a natural origin character that only uses athletic run, it's an awesome addition to the other sprints. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

I made a natural origin character that only uses athletic run, it's an awesome addition to the other sprints. 

I did that too. He's still only in the teens so I don't know how practical it is later. He is redside which I think has a lot of areas that are a royal pain to get around in. And so far it is ok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

One of my Scrappers is limited to just Ninja Run for most travel.  She has Combat Teleport but you're not exactly covering distance with it.  It really isn't bad just using Ninja/Beast/Athletic to get everywhere.

It also helps that she is /Elec and also goes faster with Lightning Reflexes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

3 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

And this is why I feel comfortable creating my next alt with no travel pool power. Got sprint and athletic run with a jetpack. I think he will do just fine. Rarely have far to travel anyways. 

I have a few characters, some very high level, who only use the temp jetpacks from the P2W. It's all about concept for me.

(I'd love to see more jetpacks in the backpack options in costuming.)

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

I have a few characters, some very high level, who only use the temp jetpacks from the P2W. It's all about concept for me.

(I'd love to see more jetpacks in the backpack options in costuming.)

I prefer the jump pack jet pack aesthetically out of all of the ones I have come by so far.  

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour