Gale as a Proc mule? If no recharge slotted...?

Argentae

I'm still acclimating to the realities of endgame builds, and the realities of Proc mechanics was still pretty murky when I last got deep into set nuance.

I dug through a fantastic guide I found on the forum, some of the gist I got was that enhanced +Rech (slotted + Alpha) is bad for proc chances, esp in AOE attacks. Cones do NOT get penalized for range enhancement despite the increased area effected.

Soooo...

Gale with just Acc/End (and maybe range?) slotted and Procs. Cheap, fast, big cone. Looks like it takes a lot of possible procs.

I'm guessing it's been discussed before, but my search-fu was weak.

Any thoughts? 

A proceed out Gale might pair well with Mind's Terrify?

I was thinking about on my Fire/Storm/Ice, but I'm looking to get back to Mind/ again for nostalgia if nothing else. 
Mind/Storm might be a lot of fun... And add some helpful damage. Massive end hog though.
Having fun collecting +Rec set bonuses on my Fire/Storm though, and it's very effective...

IMO it's not really worth proccing Gale. The math might prove me wrong on a troller with extremely slow animating AoE immobilizes, but as a Storm player you'll likely have a lot more going on. Mids says procs have a 21% chance of firing. Overall with 3 procs it works out to a DPA around 22. For reference, Fire Cages slotted for damage, without Containment is around 20 DPA and with containment is around 40 DPA.

So far in my experience the best slotting for Gale has been the Sudden Acceleration KB:KD enh, the FF+Rech proc, and the Acc/KB from either.  

I also make room for a FF+Rech and KB:KD in Tornado, and try to wedge a third FF+Rech in somewhere.  3x FF+Rech is pretty much perma +100% recharge in combat, provided you use those powers in combat, of course.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I have Ill/Storm so I barely ever use personal attacks, but the three procs that seem to work best are Force Feedback - Recharge; Sudden Acceleration - KB->KD; & Annihilation - Chance for -Res.

However, because of the low base recharge, the Annihilation proc is not that great unless you are on a large team and you have a lot of global recharge.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation