Compilation (Player's choice): Story content

Aeroprism

Hello beautiful people. 

I was having nice little conversation with many of you and it came to attention that there isn't a topic used to compile interesting story based AE arcs made by players.

This is what I ask of everyone who would like to contribute.  You made an arc and it has a good story?  Post it here!

You played through an arc you really liked because it had a good story?  Post it here!

Our esteemed @GraspingVileTerror posted these:

By @holymittens:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Bobby_Curtin  25 to 29, Rogue alignment only, Nerva Archipelago (-75, 16.5, 6105)

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Shauna_Braun  25 to 29, Vigilante alignment only, Independence Port (-1929, 16, -2587)

By @Piecemeal:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Doc_Buzzsaw  New content 30 to 39, Villain/Rogue alignment, Sharkhead Isle (693.5, 32, -1324.5)

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Issue_27_Page_1#New_Story_Arc:_The_Graveyard_Shift_.28Hero.2C_Level_20-29.29 20 to 29 (I think), Hero/Vigilante alignment, Steel Canyon (just below the staircase leading from lower Steel Canyon up to Icon in the north-west)

Let's add to that list!  I will be sure to do so every time I find one!

Thanks all!!

• Like 3

While you've probably seen this already, all the arcs in the topic below are chosen by players so that is in a way a topic used to compile interesting story arcs.

There are several other topics with lists of arcs, I know @Darmian has one specifically for arcs about Praetoria, for example. I'll let him chime in himself.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

15 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Oh I always thought that topic was only the devs' recommends.  My bad.  Thanks for the tip!!  

Well we nominate the ones WE like and then the Devs play them and decide which ones of that set of nominations THEY think are the best. So, it's still the Devs doing it.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

That was the objective of my suggestion so, if that topic already does it, I am a happy camper!

True. However, the Dev Choice nominations have been suspended from last...February I think, so there's no "up-to-date" list. 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 8/17/2021 at 1:36 PM, Darmian said:

True. However, the Dev Choice nominations have been suspended from last...February I think, so there's no "up-to-date" list. 

Well then, my idea is relevant, there is no harm in having multiple ressources.  Let's use it and share the good away.  Call it a "by players, for players" initiative.

I will be using it, for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TerroirNoir said:

So there's no way to divide farming arcs from story arcs? I mean in the search options.  I can't see anything. It's just looking here and at the Gold Disks or Developer's choice things where I find stuff. Is there another method?

Sadly there is no tag to mark a story as a story or a farm as a farm. Several suggestions have been made to introduce such a tag, or a way to separate them somehow. Many authors will "tag" their stories by adding abbrevations like SFMA (Story Focused Mission Architect) to the descriptions of their stories, but not all know about this old tradition, or care to follow it. There are still enough of us who do, so that if you enter SFMA in the search field you will find a whole lot of stories.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Thanks.  I will just stay doing what I am doing then. I look for the sfma thing and I check the gold disks and if I like something then I click on the writer name to see if they did anything else I might like.  It's a bit awkward but it seems to work so far.

• Like 1

Great to be back in CoX!

On 8/22/2021 at 3:26 AM, Take One said:

Many authors will "tag" their stories by adding abbrevations like SFMA (Story Focused Mission Architect) to the descriptions of their stories, but not all know about this old tradition, or care to follow it.

Ah, didn't know that was a thing! I'll add that. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dev's Choice AE: New Heroes of Paragon Arc# 42432