Elec Blast / Slot for End Mod or End Red???

LeBlanc

Which one should I use more of? I guess the End Mod doesn't always fire? Does it?

Is it smarter to slot for End Reduction since it brings down the total cost, or End Modification since it will get me more Endurance back when it DOES fire. I am leaning towards End Mod, but not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You'll get far more mileage out of End Reduction then End Mod.  Most electric powers that restore your endurance only do it about 20% of the time, and won't even refund the cost of the power.  Also a fair number of your big powers don't refund endurance; Ball Lightning and Short Circuit do not restore your endurance (Short Circuit may be worth slotting EndMod anyway considering how much it drains from foes).  End Redux will work every time you use the power though, and will also make those rare drains more effective in offsetting power costs.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

A few thoughts and personal opinions. 

They are attacks so yes slot them first and foremost as such, i.e. for damage, endurance reduction, accuracy, recharge just like you would for any other blast set.  I like 5 slotted Decimation (for the global recharge bonus).  I did have a build where I dropped an Endmod IO in the 6th slot.  I even created a build that didn't leave Mids using the Tempest - end 

The end drain works 100% of the time.   The recovery debuff and endurance return are both <100% chance (varies by blast).

Owing to computer issues I haven't looked into the new Endmod sets in particular the procs.

With set IOs you can slot Short Circuit for both damage and endmod.  3 Armageddon and 3 Endmod set.  I never looked into FotG -resist ☹ but I'm thinking you could likely squeeze that in as well.  

And yes, big yes to Musculature it'll both increase drain and damage in all your blasts.

Edit:  As eluded to I've not been able to try the new Endmod sets which enhance both endmod and damage so yeah absolutely enhance for both damage and endmod in Short Circuit.

Edited by Doomguide2005

You are a Blaster and probably shouldn't be too worried about endurance costs. I'd slot End Mod over End Redux, but only bother with a few powers. If you are slotting sets you'll naturally pick up some End Redux anyway. There are also End Mod sets that deal damage created specifically for Homecoming. They are cheap and fairly effective.

Oh BTW in your Sustain, you do want to slot End Mod for sure, not End Redux (if End Redux is even an option).

Edited by oedipus_tex