Better Arrows PLEASE!

I've long wanted to make an epic archer toon, but quickly disappointed in it when the arrows look like plastic cutouts. They're horribly rendered, can't be recoloured, and often don't match with the bow at all.

Energy arrows, Metal arrows, Wooden arrows, Tech arrows, etc..  Would be amazing for the powerset, add customization, and make the powerset seem like it's actually finished and not half baked. lol

Edited by TheLeprechaun89
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Having the arrows be poorly rendered is, at least for me, a much more miniscule problem with Archery/Trick Arrow/Tactical Arrow compared to the draw animations, where the arrow wobbling around while you hold it at full draw is exactly what you shouldn't be doing -- if your aim is shaking that much, you're either pulling too much draw weight, holding it too long, or over-tightening your bow arm muscles -- all of which are mistakes that a hero specializing in archery shouldn't be making. I would like to see the shake removed -- the animation time is fine, just stop waving your gear around -- particularly for the snipe.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Having the arrows be poorly rendered is, at least for me, a much more miniscule problem with Archery/Trick Arrow/Tactical Arrow compared to the draw animations, where the arrow wobbling around while you hold it at full draw is exactly what you shouldn't be doing -- if your aim is shaking that much, you're either pulling too much draw weight, holding it too long, or over-tightening your bow arm muscles -- all of which are mistakes that a hero specializing in archery shouldn't be making. I would like to see the shake removed -- the animation time is fine, just stop waving your gear around -- particularly for the snipe.

I imagine animating something is much harder than changing a texture. I'd love to see that fixed for sure, and how the bow flips in your hand sometimes or goes through your body with ninja run stance but that would probably take a lot of work.

• 3 weeks later
On 9/2/2021 at 6:01 PM, srmalloy said:

Well, great.  Now I'm never going to not see this.

Although it would explain why my Emp/Archery defender is so ineffective at doing any damage.