Radiation Blast.. any reason to use it?

Damoklese

So im not a min/maxer..but im competitive enough that I dont want to feel weak when im standing next to a min/maxer.   I know that achieving +4/+8 and solo AV status on a sentinel is gonna take time and investment.  All that said, I dont want to make it harder on myself, and when I do reach the end, I dont want to feel like I wasted my time shining a turd :D.

So, back on live I really liked Radiation Blast, but it was defender only and I didnt like defenders.. so I always looked on rad blast defenders with jealousy.  Now, Its much more accessible.,.and im eyeing a rad blast sentinel.  However, I cant seem to find any good reason to use Rad Blast over Fire, or Elec, or DP, etc..etc..   -DEF just isnt that useful right?

So im just wondering if anyone can tell me any reason that I should consider Rad Blast?  Does it have anything going for it that makes it shine?

I've done radiation and super reflexes.      It's nice,  the nuke is pbaoe like half of the other nukes are so you will have to be up close, and that is ok since your a sentinel.   The best thing about Radiation is that the attacks take  Defense Debuff and Accurate Defense Debuff sets.   That in turn means that you can put  Lady Gray Negative damage proc and Shield Breaker smash damage proc in your attacks for extra damage.   You can also add in the Achilees Heel -res proc where you feel it is appropriate.    Radiation is good for using procs.    Another thing that I like is that it has a pbaoe, and a targeted aoe instead of cones.    So its pretty easy to use.

My Rad/SR (now 43) has been a delight since early on.  The -Def from Rad is my ‘team’ contribution, and I have been the de facto alpha strike target for many levels.  With some Thunderstrike sets, some Sentinel stuff, and the usual +Def stuff, I am easily 48 plus def, and seem to melt stuff quite fast.  When the team is aware, I will go ‘the other way’ on a TF to either thin or clear the path.

Great set for range.  Have played as blaster, Def, Corrrupter.  Like them all.

I took a Rad/Regen to 50.  It's fun, though not a lot to say about it.  Irradiate and Atomic Blast give the set some solid PBAoE power, especially if you throw in an Epic AoE melee attack.  I would often use Mystic Flight/Translocation to warp right into mobs and fire off Irradiate, Engulfing Darkness and Atomic Blast in rapid succession.  Irradiate has both Achille's Heel and Fury of the Gladiator procs in it which can stack, improving Irradiate's own DoT and giving more power to Engulfing and Atomic.  Irradiate and Engulfing also have KD procs for some extra defense since both powers can also floor the crowd I jump in to.  Beyond that setup though but I do like the fact that as soon as one attack hit, accuracy was mostly a non-issue.

Radiation was also easy to fit into my character theme.  A rainbow-powered witch with all of her attacks and healing powers colored differently.  She was pretty close to being a one-woman rave party.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.