Make Contacts/Radio Available in All Zones At Level 50

And let them give missions at max level! Right now, max level mission runners are clustered in Grandville or PI. I know you can use Ouro but that doesn't really flow all that well either. It also doesn't feel like you're actually doing the story arc with the contact because the relationship progress doesn't carry over when you finish (minor I know).

This would spread the player base out to more zones, allow you to get contacts in and experience zones you may have out-leveled, and I really think it would overall make the game feel more cohesive and give a blast of "open-world" content in every zone.

I want to have a reason to hang out in Kings Row! Or experience the Faultline story in the zone if I leveled elsewhere. And have contacts in every zone so it really feels like you're making a difference and becoming more renowned, not just running missions selected from a menu in Ouro.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but it would be nice! As always, thanks for all the great work you're already doing!

• Like 1

I never thought it made much sense concept wise either..

You're telling me a Hero is gonna let some thugs mug a bank because they are from a low-tier gang?

Or a Villain is going to not take advantage of an easy hit?

Villains at least have the excuse of not wanting to waste time on "hits that are not worth that much money", but the Hero one is kind of pushing it imo. Unless Rikti are invading City Hall or something and they cant dedicate time saving Joe Bob from the Skulz.. But in my head-canon my Hero is running around looking for something to do. and hearing them say "These events are beneath my notice" seems kind of.. Snotty?

Did Batman ever pass up a lil ole lady getting mugged, ignore her and shout "This event is beneath my notice!"?

• Thanks 1

Having the missions given at max level isn’t really all that it’s cracked up to be. Not all factions are made to do that, and those that aren’t don’t scale in power or abilities up in the right ways. Imagine the difference between level 5 CoT vs level 50 CoT. There’s a pretty big gap in number and quality of abilities.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I suspect most people would be unhappy with whatever implementation is ultimately used.

At the very least, however, I would like for Radio missions be unlocked for all zones they exist for once you hit 50. Make it so detectives below your abilities don’t try and give you new contacts, but allow them to grant the bank mission for the appropriate zone, if possible.

Having the missions given at max level isn’t really all that it’s cracked up to be. Not all factions are made to do that, and those that aren’t don’t scale in power or abilities up in the right ways. Imagine the difference between level 5 CoT vs level 50 CoT. There’s a pretty big gap in number and quality of abilities.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I suspect most people would be unhappy with whatever implementation is ultimately used.

At the very least, however, I would like for Radio missions be unlocked for all zones they exist for once you hit 50. Make it so detectives below your abilities don’t try and give you new contacts, but allow them to grant the bank mission for the appropriate zone, if possible.

That's definitely a valid point, but I don't think it'd be that terrible. Wouldn't it be fun to kill level 50 skulls sometime?  ;D Or maybe a simpler change would be to make it so that when you complete the Ouro arc you keep the relationship level with the contact. At least then it'd make it feel somewhat more integrated into the game, as you'd have a permanent change in the zone after you're done in Ouro.

Or maybe a simpler change would be to make it so that when you complete the Ouro arc you keep the relationship level with the contact. At least then it'd make it feel somewhat more integrated into the game, as you'd have a permanent change in the zone after you're done in Ouro.

I agree this would be a nice change, but it makes me wonder why they didn't implement it when Ouro went live. The concept is that you're traveling back in time and completing the tasks, so when you get back to the present they should remember how you helped them out back then. Maybe it was deemed unnecessary because they would just be in your Inactive tab anyway. Maybe to run the system they had to make "fake" versions of the contacts so you can repeat the content (think about how you have to 'earn' the phone numbers of contacts no matter how many times you run their Arc, for them it's the first time). I fear we may have to settle with the Souvenir we get for completing an Arc to show our impact in the world.

That's definitely a valid point, but I don't think it'd be that terrible. Wouldn't it be fun to kill level 50 skulls sometime?  ;D Or maybe a simpler change would be to make it so that when you complete the Ouro arc you keep the relationship level with the contact. At least then it'd make it feel somewhat more integrated into the game, as you'd have a permanent change in the zone after you're done in Ouro.

Alternatively they could still give you level-appropriate factions. So if you're level 50 running Scanner missions in Steel you'd still get Carnies and Malta etc.

And let them give missions at max level! Right now, max level mission runners are clustered in Grandville or PI. I know you can use Ouro but that doesn't really flow all that well either. It also doesn't feel like you're actually doing the story arc with the contact because the relationship progress doesn't carry over when you finish (minor I know).

This would spread the player base out to more zones, allow you to get contacts in and experience zones you may have out-leveled, and I really think it would overall make the game feel more cohesive and give a blast of "open-world" content in every zone.

I want to have a reason to hang out in Kings Row! Or experience the Faultline story in the zone if I leveled elsewhere. And have contacts in every zone so it really feels like you're making a difference and becoming more renowned, not just running missions selected from a menu in Ouro.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but it would be nice! As always, thanks for all the great work you're already doing!

I'm not so sure I would be in favor of level 50 radios in Atlas as it would result in even less use of zones. The progression, moving to New zones based on level and other factors would make me sway away from this.

I'm not so sure I would be in favor of level 50 radios in Atlas as it would result in even less use of zones. The progression, moving to New zones based on level and other factors would make me sway away from this.

Another way to do it would be, after you've done enough radio missions in PI/Grandville at 50 to have received the mayhem/safeguard mission once, to have subsequent radio missions send you to any city zone for the mission. That would spread people around the city/isles and by the time a character is 50 and done the first set of radios in the zone, they should have enough fast ways to get around that traveling from, say, PI to Atlas isn't excruciating.

It would have to be done in oro fashion... At 50, if you take a Kings/Cap Radio mission, you would need to be scaled down to the level of the mission, otherwise it would not be a challenge at all. Level 10 skulls have 3/4 attacks against your 20.. unfair and, for me, not that much fun.

• Like 1

It would have to be done in oro fashion... At 50, if you take a Kings/Cap Radio mission, you would need to be scaled down to the level of the mission, otherwise it would not be a challenge at all. Level 10 skulls have 3/4 attacks against your 20.. unfair and, for me, not that much fun.

I wouldn't complain if it was implemented that way. But when it comes down to it... what's the big deal? If you want to do it properly at level you can still do it in Ouro. For people who want to play their 50s in the actual zones they'd be able to do that too.

I suppose you could also make the argument that people might farm the simpler mobs that are up leveled to 50. And again... So what? People already farm the hell out of simple missions in both AE and the over world. Hell, this could at least get some people out of AE to play on mission maps! I'm sure people would still run PI and other max zones for badges and varied mobs. But again this would spread people out and give more options at end game. You'd also have a reason to hang out in the older zones at level 50 which would be nice.

I wouldn't complain if it was implemented that way. But when it comes down to it... what's the big deal? If you want to do it properly at level you can still do it in Ouro. For people who want to play their 50s in the actual zones they'd be able to do that too.

I suppose you could also make the argument that people might farm the simpler mobs that are up leveled to 50. And again... So what? People already farm the hell out of simple missions in both AE and the over world. Hell, this could at least get some people out of AE to play on mission maps! I'm sure people would still run PI and other max zones for badges and varied mobs. But again this would spread people out and give more options at end game. You'd also have a reason to hang out in the older zones at level 50 which would be nice.

When you say - "in the zones" - do you mean the city/hazard zone, or a mission map?  If it's the city zone and the mission is to "Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls" then you are going to be fight level 10 skulls against your level 50 - I'm all for that - it does give you a reason to be in the zone, and despite it's easiness, sometimes Cap or Supes just stops a regular mugging.  If it's a mission map - I would think you would want be leveled down, because it won't be much fun fighting a Hellion boss with 3 attacks, no matter how upleveled he is...That way you get to do the content in the various city zones, but still have a challenge.  No different than teaming up with me for a Positron TF if you are level 50, it's still going to downlevel you

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Another way to do it would be, after you've done enough radio missions in PI/Grandville at 50 to have received the mayhem/safeguard mission once, to have subsequent radio missions send you to any city zone for the mission. That would spread people around the city/isles and by the time a character is 50 and done the first set of radios in the zone, they should have enough fast ways to get around that traveling from, say, PI to Atlas isn't excruciating.

This is a terrible idea. The #1 problem with issue 0/1 content in City of Heroes, outside of the prevalence of Hunt missions, is they way they can send you all over creation looking for your mission doors. Applying that to newer content is just stupid.