Humans in a Tri-Form World

BastionWalls

I have been reading a lot of builds including Whitest Lights You're a G** D*** PB! and Dechs Kaison's The MF'ing Warshade excellent guides, but I can't wrap my mind around what the purpose of the Human Form is in a Tri-Form build.  Nova and Dwarf are pretty self-explanatory, but where does that leave the poor human that we put so much time and effort into costume creation?😊 Is the Warshade just there to stealth in and Mire Bomb? Is the Peacebringer only to pick up hasten and mule slots? When and why do you play your human form? Help me Generic Space-Wizard, you're my only hope!

In my case, I think the human form is more of an introductory form, something most people are accustomed to: some powers + some armour + some utility. The first time I tried a PB, I couldn't wrap my head around tri-form, and proceeded with the toon as a human only PB. I was told I wasn't unlocking the full potential of the PB/WS. Then I met a Warshade lover who was really awesome at it, and was nice enough to mentor me a little. I've made an attempt at one, but its progress has been shelved to give way to other concepts until recently when I took her out for a spin again... still having trouble timing and making full use of the form change.

Peacebringer Human form is good at melee attacks and self buffing.  Radiant Strike and Incandescent Strike are your two hardest hitting attacks, and Solar Flare and Dawn Strike are decent PBAoE.  For Buffs, Human form has Inner Light (Build Up), Essence Boost (Dull Pain), Conserve Energy (Conserve Power), Reform Essence (self heal), and Light Form (Mez and Damage resistance). Human Form is also a better travel form than Nova due to Quantum Acceleration/Maneuvers/Flight giving various additional flight speed buffs.

Warshade's Human Form is about controls, buff/sustain, and utility. There are several varied types of control powers: Gravimetric Snare (ST Immob), Gravity Well (ST hold, also your highest damage attack), Gravitic Emanation (Cone Stun/KB), Inky Aspect (PBAoE Stun), Unchain Essence (AoE Stun/KB and good damage), Dark Detonation (KB) and Quasar (KB and nuke damage).  Warshade Human Form buffs and sustain: Sunless Mire (Damage/To Hit buff), Stygian Circle (HP/End restore), and Eclipse (Endurance drain/Damage resistance).  There are also a few utility powers: Starless Step (Teleport other - good for separating dangerous enemies from their friends (Quantums) or bringing teammates to you), Shadow Cloak (Stealth), Nebulous Form (Phase shift), and Shadow Slip (Fold Space).  There's a good pet power in Dark Extraction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you all for the quick replies. I definitely want to try and use Tri-Form to "unlock the full potential" though I can see where a Human-only can handle just about anything thrown at it. @Honorbridge, excellent summary and confirms my thoughts of leaning into the buffs/controls in the Human grab bag. So I'm guessing, in general, a Warshade would open in human form with it's controls, switch to Nova to blast everything and over to Dwarf to clean up bouncing between the 3 as needed? A Peacebringer would do basically the same, but self-buff at the start? I know everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth, but I am still struggling with what that plan is. I'm guessing that is the whole point of the Kheldians, they are seat-of-the-pants flying and more able to flow with the combat as it develops.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:52 PM, BastionWalls said:

Thank you all for the quick replies. I definitely want to try and use Tri-Form to "unlock the full potential" though I can see where a Human-only can handle just about anything thrown at it. @Honorbridge, excellent summary and confirms my thoughts of leaning into the buffs/controls in the Human grab bag. So I'm guessing, in general, a Warshade would open in human form with it's controls, switch to Nova to blast everything and over to Dwarf to clean up bouncing between the 3 as needed? A Peacebringer would do basically the same, but self-buff at the start? I know everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth, but I am still struggling with what that plan is. I'm guessing that is the whole point of the Kheldians, they are seat-of-the-pants flying and more able to flow with the combat as it develops.

My WS leads with Eclipse, human Mire, Dwarf Mire, then I decide what's next..Double Nuke Usually and possible squid AOE/ cone if big group, hopefully my 3+ fluffies are there at my 6. @Honorbridge hit the nail on the head though.

For warshades, start the fight like Ohsirus said, but don't forget about human form during the fight. You can take on giant packs of mobs by dropping to human to refresh Mire or Eclipse, or to grab a quick heal with Stygian Circle. Or pull out a new fluffy, or Unchain Essence, or...  well, you get the idea.  Then back into a form and keep going. 

• 2 weeks later

As @Honorbridge said, Human form's use differs between PB and WS.  PB Human form is about buffs (Inner Light and Light Form specifically) and mostly ST damage.  You should be shifting in and out to keep your +Dmg and +Res up while also using its attacks as a regular part of your chain, especially against hard targets.  The AoE provided by Solar Flare, Dawn Strike, and Photon Seekers (If you take them) can also be incredibly useful.  Lastly, PB Human offers one of your two self-heals so it pulls double duty where survivability is concerned.

Similarly, Warshades rely on Human form for the buffs that let them be as amazing as they are.  Sunless Mire and Eclipse are absolutely mandatory so you should always be shifting to Human to keep them up.  It also brings a good amount of CC alongside some utility with its teleportation powers and the borderline OP Stygian Circle. 

Overall, Human is definitely a key component of a TriForm build.  PBs end up seeing it on screen more often because of the attacks their version offers but both flavors of Kheld depend on it to be effective.

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)