Thug/Psn MM

The_Warpact

@M3z still around? I read your guide on pvp mm options from 2019.

You talk up thug/psn with Leviathan? Did you ever runs this build or have a Mids build? I saw your build for necro/psn figured conversation would be easy and your recommendations for Leviathan slotting. 

I ran my necro mm through Warburg recently and was slaying (which surprised the hell out of me) until it was a 5 vs me and well no fun by then.

Anyways I have a thug/psn at 50 not slotted and unsure what to do with until I saw your thread.

Any advice?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

40 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Oddly enough, the PvP discord build spreadsheet doesn't have a Thug/Poison MM listed on it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNejy_CHV4Khr9dy3m7wn8-J0OARwrSbHcKmkBRuG1Y/edit#gid=0

I saw the necro/psn on on a thread in the MM section and then M3z talks about builds in a guide from 2019, in it its mentioned about thug/psn as a viable build. 

I do believe last year I saw necro/psn on the Discord build section.

It's not a biggie, I can figure out the build from what was talked about, just needed some insight since stuff has changed in 2 yrs.

And I'm not really a PvPer by any means, I just don't like to get jumped in zone and be unprepared. 

Edited by The_Warpact
Cuz i forgot sumthin
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

MMs in Current Meta:

MMs in a casual pvp setting (meaning you're going against people who are not running min/max builds) are fine, thugs/poison being very potent because of thugs ranged burst and debuffs(I think merc/nature or thugs/nature being the only builds that are better than this).

If you ever end up in a situation where you're going against min/max builds (builds with jaunt) or plthugs poison mm.mxdayers that know how to move around, MMs become unviable in a solo scenario(you simply walk away from them)

Leviathan:

Leviathan is really the only viable APP for pvp in my opinion because it has a high burst ranged attack (because of its proc potential) and KO Blow (high base dmg and procs). The other APPs use mechanics that are either no longer viable or are AOE (reduced damage in pvp and unviable).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, M3z said:

MMs in Current Meta:

MMs in a casual pvp setting (meaning you're going against people who are not running min/max builds) are fine, thugs/poison being very potent because of thugs ranged burst and debuffs(I think merc/nature or thugs/nature being the only builds that are better than this).

If you ever end up in a situation where you're going against min/max builds (builds with jaunt) or plthugs poison mm.mxdayers that know how to move around, MMs become unviable in a solo scenario(you simply walk away from them)

Leviathan:

Leviathan is really the only viable APP for pvp in my opinion because it has a high burst ranged attack (because of its proc potential) and KO Blow (high base dmg and procs). The other APPs use mechanics that are either no longer viable or are AOE (reduced damage in pvp and unviable).

Thanks I read your two threads from 2019 and thought for simple zone excursions it would be perfect as MM are my AT of choice.

10 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Thanks I read your two threads from 2019 and thought for simple zone excursions it would be perfect as MM are my AT of choice.

Playing an MM in zone can get pretty boring because you're not mobile enough to pose any real threat and any player who is competent will just ignore you.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

6 minutes ago, macskull said:

any player who is competent 

I constantly get jumped while I'm on my MMs in zone its fiteclubbers all the way, just trash talk and alot of running after they're killed a couple times.

This isn't competitive zone by any stretch of the imagination its a second build just for my MM and if people do ignore me so much the better.