Password problems Can't log in

I Chaos Games

I haven't played for a while and recently installed the Rebirth player in a separate folder incase that is relevant to the issue. But when I try to log into Home Coming it gives me a "The account name or password that you have entered is incorrect ..." message. I went to change my password using the forgot password feature and obviously I am logged in to the site fine. But it still gives me that message and I can't log in. Is there somewhere else I can do. Is the password not connected here to the game? 

Account -> Game Account, it is not the same as Forum Account

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

1 hour ago, SorinaGarrigus said:

Nevermind I stumbled acrossed it. Thanks for that piece of the puzzle though. 

Very easy / common thing and just as easy to fix as you found.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 4 months later

You will need to log into the forums using your original forum account login and password, go to the account tab at the top of the page, it will show your Game account user name in the blue bar at the top and ask you for a new password. If you don't have your original forum account info you will need to start a support ticket and will need to know the Email associated with the account, do not include it in the initial post for the sake of privacy. A Gamemaster will contact you privately.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Can't login too 
it shows the pop up:
 The game client was unable to connect to the login server. This may be due to a local network issue such as a firewall block, or may be because the login server is down for maintenance. Please check your network settings and try again, or check the forum

Check to see if you can log in now, as all servers show up, if not verify you have Internet Access. If internet is working, check and see if there were any recent updates to your Firewall or Windows, if not Disable the Firewall and Windows Defender and see if you can connect. If you can, check and make sure the Games:Homecoming is whitelisted in both then re-enable and try again. Good Hunting. 

PS ( Let us know anything you find out )

Marine X

Can you give us some info on your Computer Type? Operating System? Internet Provider?

Marine X

Are you using Tequila or the Homecoming Launcher?

Marine X

There have been issues if Tequila is installed in the wrong place, such as windows controlled areas such as Program Files. Leave your Tequila installed where it is and I would try the Homecoming Launcher as it was designed by the Homecoming team and is fully supported. Make sure it installs to C:Games/Homecoming. Enter your game account info and see what happens.

Edited by Marine X

Marine X

21 minutes ago, Marine X said:

There have been issues if Tequila is installed in the wrong place, such as windows controlled areas such as Program Files. Leave your Tequila installed where it is and I would try the Homecoming Launcher as it was designed by the Homecoming team and is fully supported. Make sure it installs to C:Games/Homecoming. Enter your game account info and see what happens.

I just finished installing the Homecoming launcher as directed. The message persists: Game Client cannot connect to the login server.

51 minutes ago, Marine X said:

I deleted the entire game and am reinstalling it through Homecoming launcher. This is gonna take a while. I'll let ya know if that did the trick.

I've actually been having the same issue, just today, Swapping from tequila to the HC launcher didn't help, nor did turning off any firewalls. Windows 10, ISP is centurylink.

Edit: Sorted! I mean, Centurylink still sucks here, but in the usual ways

Edited by CellyEl
update

Different poster stated theres a problem with century link. So all you could do is waiting or kick your ISP in the behind... maybe using a VPN would help, maybe not.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Just reviewed the downdetector again and century link still seems to have some spotty issues like yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Simple enough really, downdetector.com

• Thanks 1