Add +Damage Enhancement to Mez/Debuff Sets

Supertanker

To increase the usability of some lesser used sets, is it possible to add +Damage to the Mez and Debuff Invention Sets? It could be a lesser amount than the offensive sets (maybe around 60% Damage for a full regular set, 80% for purple sets.)

This would really open up a lot of sets that are usually ignored, and create a wider variety of builds. I think some players would like to build for enhancing secondary effects to their powers, but the zero damage enhancement is just too steep a trade-off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just for clarity, are you talking a +Dmg set bonus or damage as part of the enhancement (like acc/mez going to acc/dmg/mez?) I'm *assuming* the first from what you're describing.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

All right.

*shrug* Works for me. Might be some complaints about 'diluting the drop table,' but that's what converters and the AH are for.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

In general I would prefer this be done by adding new sets rather than changing old sets. But I agree in principle, and not just on Damage.

For example, it would be nice if there were Slow sets WITHOUT Damage.

It would be nice if there were more sets that included Range along with whatever else they're doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm all for some new sets that cover different components of powers.  Having damage in a hold/stun set would be a nice perk. 

As a side note, I'd also love to see an Accurate Healing set or two with damage components for powers like Dehydrate, Life Drain, or Radiation Siphon.  I hate having to slap an ugly generic Heal IO just to get a bit more healing in return.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:18 AM, Supertanker said:

If new sets are the easier option, I'm all for that. I just thought it would be nice to make some existing sets more useful.

I'm with you. I think I understand the concerns some may have - that adding damage to sets would dilute the enhancement of other aspects.

Personally, I wish we changed the rule here, and recognized damage is king, and to a lesser extent so are accuracy, endurance and recharge. Other aspects are generally secondary (even mez duration), and shouldn't imply a sacrifice in the above primary aspects.

i.e., I'd switch debuffs and mez to a +50% per enhancement schedule (even currently +20% stuff like -tohit); and then cram damage in tohit/mez sets without damage, in a way that the net result for a debuff/mez set would be same debuff/mez values as before, with damage on top. With a cap in the 60% damage enhancement like you suggest, so it wouldn't overshadow full damage sets or frankenslotting creatively.

I would like that Especially a change to the AT Origin Sets for Controller (which are Mez focused) would be nice.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server