crashing.....

Opine

any chance can you share a screen shot or some error message?  Can you share your operating system or client(tequila vs homecoming)

I had awful crashes ("name the file" ran out of memory) until I moved to the 64 bit client and then also moved from tequila to homecoming client.  

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, starro said:

any chance can you share a screen shot or some error message?  Can you share your operating system or client(tequila vs homecoming)

I had awful crashes ("name the file" ran out of memory) until I moved to the 64 bit client and then also moved from tequila to homecoming client.  

nothing shows up it just crashes...im using the homecoming download and i didnt download tequila again thinkn i need tequila but no warning at all and it just closes the game poof

Best guess is a graphical issue. Until a GM sniffs this out (file a ticket if not already), then I'd suggest checking your graphics drivers and look closer at what else is running in the background.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Lead Game Master

Hey @Opine!

If you're using the Homecoming launcher, it SHOULD produce a crash report screen when the game crashes, and give you options on what kind of crash report to send. If it's not doing this, something is terribly wrong. Either there's software interfering with the game, or you have hardware failure going on.

If you're comfortable navigating through Windows, I'll need you to run some tests and send me some files for us to look at to determine the cause of your issues.

First, hit the Windows button, or use the windows search function, and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes), and click dxdiag.exe when it comes up. If it gives you the option, run the 64 bit test. Once it's done, click the "Save all information" button, and save the text file it creates somewhere you'll be able to find it (like on your Desktop)

Open this file up (in notepad or whatever), and delete any personal information like your real name, save the file, then send it to me via private message. Do NOT post the dxdiag report in this thread!

Edited by GM Impervium

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

5 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

Hey @Opine!

If you're using the Homecoming launcher, it SHOULD produce a crash report screen when the game crashes, and give you options on what kind of crash report to send. If it's not doing this, something is terribly wrong. Either there's software interfering with the game, or you have hardware failure going on.

If you're comfortable navigating through Windows, I'll need you to run some tests and send me some files for us to look at to determine the cause of your issues.

First, hit the Windows button, or use the windows search function, and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes), and click dxdiag.exe when it comes up. If it gives you the option, run the 64 bit test. Once it's done, click the "Save all information" button, and save the text file it creates somewhere you'll be able to find it (like on your Desktop)

Open this file up (in notepad or whatever), and delete any personal information like your real name, save the file, then send it to me via private message. Do NOT post the dxdiag report in this thread!

i will have my kid come over and do this.....being dislexic i cant read all this the words turn to ants an run no joke. thank you!

• City Council

Check where you installed the game and see if there's a 'crash' subfolder there. Inside you may find report and/or memory dump files that could be useful.

Ideally those would be submitted through the crash handler since it pulls some extra information that helps with the automatic analysis, but if for some reason it's not popping up and we have to run them manually it may still give some clues.

• Thumbs Up 1