Return of the Son of Jukebox Thread

Heraclea

3 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

@Christopher Robin Did somebody say the 80's? And with that note, goodnight, people.  🙂

Someone did indeed. bdD2kT31_o.gif

Funny most people I talk to know that song but cannot remember who sings it. Ah delicious irony.

This is one of those songs that kinda says it all.

• Like 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

What the '80s were like at their best:

Radio Birdman - The Man with the Golden Helmet

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Fireworks

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

• Like 3

@siolfir True, and a great pick. Honestly you could say that about most anything Slash did. His sound is iconic.

Heart's is special to me for a few reasons, it was done by a woman at a time where there were few prominent female rockers,

many of the more recent guitar gods like Slash, Eddy Van Halen, Nuno Bettencourt etc have sited Nancy as an influence... and it's acoustic. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Speaking of prominent women, strut those million dollar legs Tina!

Fun Fact:

Spoiler

Million dollar legs is a actually a literal attribution as Tina Turner had her legs insured by Lloyds of London for 1.6 million dollars... each. bdD2kT31_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

5 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

@siolfir True, and a great pick. Honestly you could say that about most anything Slash did. His sound is iconic.

Heart's is special to me for a few reasons, it was done by a woman at a time where there were few prominent female rockers,

many of the more recent guitar gods like Slash, Eddy Van Halen, Nuno Bettencourt etc have sited Nancy as an influence... and it's acoustic. zb7XgP0P_o.png  

Well, it's not done by a woman, but if you want acoustic intros:

You know I don't think I've ever heard that particular Rush song before.

I'll have to give it a listen later when I can devote my undivided attention rather

than having it play as background music while working on other things. Thanks @siolfir

Sidenote: I'm not sure why the original version of the video doesn't come up on YT

but I was able to find it on Vimeo. Might want to grab a copy in case it is becoming scarce.

It's poetry in motion. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

You know I don't think I've ever heard that particular Rush song before.

According to songfacts, it was supposed to be the original introduction to The Trees, but the producer (Terry Brown, aka Broon) didn't like it so it was cut for the album version. They played it for a couple of tours, which is how it got recorded for Exit..Stage Left and listed as Broon's Bane.

Good to know.

Speaking, a bit earlier, about impressive guitarists and, even earlier, about

creatures erupting from the stage during a show, made me remember this little gem.

Yngwie Malmsteen isn't a name that just rolls off the tongue but he was no slouch on the axe himself.

I feel like they threw a little of everything into this video. Wizards, check! Explosions and laser light show, check!

Cheesy special FX and an epic guitar solo, double check! Fire breathing dragons, you bet! Chunky Conan wannabe, check! Wait wut?  rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

Elvis Costello - Waiting for the End of the World

Billie Davis - Whatcha Gonna Do

• Like 1

Jigsaw - Sky High

while were bending back into some classics

• Like 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?