Fortunata Master of ITF Solo, 54 x 8, no inspirations, a guide

Voltak

For those of us who enjoy doing extreme challenges 

This is an example and a guide for Fortunatas to solo the ITF, PART 2, under Master challenge settings and inspirations DISABLED.  Being able to solo the ITF with no inspirations depends by far on your ability to solo part 2, the deadliest of all four parts.

Only Part 2 is covered here since everything else in the ITF for a Fortunata is just standard game play, all or most things you would do in general gameplay, standard procedure.

Part 2 is the only part of the Master ITF challenge that requires the Fortunata to use unconventional  and rarely seen tactics in gameplay.

Edited by Voltak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Voltak changed the title to Fortunata Master of ITF Solo, 54 x 8, no inspirations, a guide

You obviously don't need any feedback from me, and I don't know the build details. There are a couple of times in the video where my heart skipped a beat waiting for the self-heal to recharge... one element I have in a favorite Fortunata build is to have Unrelenting (Presence pool) as an extra self-heal (and damage boost).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hehe, well, part 2 solo under these conditions bring plenty of scares to all ATs except tanks and brutes. 

I was relatively fine, since I knew where the dmg was coming from, and I have two back ups, the Lore Guardian being one, the other being Demonic Aura, rebirth was still in effect but even just running away was all right.  Running away is the first thing you should do if you don't know where the dmg is coming from in this case.  Don't stay there trying to figure it out forever.  Just leave. 

The critical issue is to be aware of what exactly is hitting you. 

As my character has such high defenses, it is not going to be everything that's hitting you, only one or a couple.  

No amount of self healing is is going to make up for not being aware where the dmg is coming from, and if it s a bright nova and you don't know, soon everyone will be hitting you and very hard. 

Unrelenting would not be good for these challenges.  It takes up too many power choices and it takes a pool power pick and we only get 4.  

I am not going to sacrifice the secondary leadership pool
Not going to give up Hasten
Not going to give up the fighting pool
not going to give up the flight pool 

7 hours ago, Voltak said:

Hehe, well, part 2 solo under these conditions bring plenty of scares to all ATs except tanks and brutes. 

And my Claws/SR scrapper 😋  (And pretty much any other SR using AT).  We ain't afraid of no defense debuffs (we're a Scrapper, we ain't afraid of nothin' ... till it's too late of course).  Her favorite part is that damn autohit Nictus.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

And my Claws/SR scrapper 😋  (And pretty much any other SR using AT).  We ain't afraid of no defense debuffs (we're a Scrapper, we ain't afraid of nothin' ... till it's too late of course).  Her favorite part is that damn autohit Nictus.

hahaha

Yeah, having duo'd the ITF at master of settings ( also no inspirations, no temps) with many SR toons. 
   I can testify that the only thing SR is fearful of is the cascade or lucky hits.   
But SR is nice because DDR is beautiful. 

Edited by Voltak

Just curious, no Aura of Confusion?

On one of my early test runs of just 4x8. I found that Aura of Confusion with the Coercive Persuasion would confuse the entire crystal spawn.

That might not as you want, because you're trying to kill the crystals off at almost the same time. 

19 hours ago, Crysis said:

Fun watching this, learned a few tricks worth trying.

was there a narration audio track with this video?  I kept hearing faint talking in the background thru whole video.

No, that was background voices, people talking on another video. 

Yeah, the video are mostly for entertainment and I do hope anything worth picking up is indeed picked up for your benefit. 

Thanks

9 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Just curious, no Aura of Confusion?

On one of my early test runs of just 4x8. I found that Aura of Confusion with the Coercive Persuasion would confuse the entire crystal spawn.

That might not as you want, because you're trying to kill the crystals off at almost the same time. 

No room for Aura of Confusion but also it is not what I want.  The only thing I need confused, if necessary is the bright nova.  That is the only thing that can debuff me, nothing else since I am a flyer.  ON the ground, the white dwarf can debuff me. 

But when I am prepping the cysts, and then the final run commences, I am way ahead of the mobs that I feel like once I reach the last cyst in the prepping phase, I am pretty sure I am not going to die. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Hi this looks really impressive. 
I have been trying to solo 54x8 ITF on my fort as well but I’ve been running into some problems with the AVs

What was your strategy to defeat the AVs? In my case I took huge hits from the AV negative energy damage and the self heal from medicine pool wasn’t enough healing.

I also had an annoying issue where the AVs in part 3 would run back a few steps then keep attacking, instead of standing still. This made it hard for my melee fort to pull off clean damage rotations without aggroing all the mobs on the field. Curious if anyone else encounters this AV behavior. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 6:11 AM, Unclemarty said:

I also had an annoying issue where the AVs in part 3 would run back a few steps then keep attacking, instead of standing still. This made it hard for my melee fort to pull off clean damage rotations without aggroing all the mobs on the field. Curious if anyone else encounters this AV behavior. 

This is unfortunately normal behavior for the M3 AVs. They run like hell, if you lack aggro control or immobilizes. Rommie in M4 can run like hell too. I think you have to accept aggroing everything in sight with a melee fort - which might make it best to clean up the surroundings before the big show.

• Like 1

• 4 months later
On 12/23/2021 at 2:11 AM, Unclemarty said:

Hi this looks really impressive. 
I have been trying to solo 54x8 ITF on my fort as well but I’ve been running into some problems with the AVs

What was your strategy to defeat the AVs? In my case I took huge hits from the AV negative energy damage and the self heal from medicine pool wasn’t enough healing.

Some of the best LORE for AV soloing is the Longbow combo. 
That combo provides excellent -resistance debuffs and also a -500% regen debuff.  That adds to your damage tremendously.   
Part 3, make sure you clear out the area to fight the AVs, wether it be the top platform or the bottom by the phalanx.  

Also, in my build, without using AIM, I have a 45% + dmg buff or dmg increase.  

I’ve never really tried Parts 3 and 4 alone so while I get why Part 2 is hardest without inspirations for most of the mission, I don’t get why the AV fights are so trivial to you people. I can solo some regular level 54 AV’s, but doesn’t the combo of Rommy + Nictus Essences have more regen than that? Outside of using a perma confuse dom, what’s the typical strategy that makes those bearable?

Edited by arcane

• 2 weeks later
On 5/18/2022 at 11:48 AM, arcane said:

I’ve never really tried Parts 3 and 4 alone so while I get why Part 2 is hardest without inspirations for most of the mission, I don’t get why the AV fights are so trivial to you people. I can solo some regular level 54 AV’s, but doesn’t the combo of Rommy + Nictus Essences have more regen than that? Outside of using a perma confuse dom, what’s the typical strategy that makes those bearable?

Everything is relative, or in comparison.  So, part 3 and 4 are just not nearly as difficult as part 2 is, especially solo.  Relatively speaking a combination of White Dwarfs, Bright Novas, ambushes filled with mobs, groups where 90% of the enemies can and will debuff your defenses...  The ambushes keep increasing in numbers, and you are in caves so not much room to maneuver or run.   Open door maps like part 3 and 4 make your defense a lot stronger because of freedom or scope of movement. 

That makes part 3 and 4 look like a lesser challenge, enough for me to be trivial. 

When you solo part 4 with something that cannot confuse or possess the Rommy, the AV, then the trick is to separate Rommy from the Nictus, and there are some tactics involved with that but it can be done.  You dont' have to fight Rommy with the Nictus close to him. 

On 10/28/2021 at 12:04 AM, Crysis said:

Fun watching this, learned a few tricks worth trying.

was there a narration audio track with this video?  I kept hearing faint talking in the background thru whole video.

I did try but I changed my mind.  Too much too fast...