Dark/Radiation Defender solo VS ArchVillain Dr. Vahz

Voltak

"Level 16."

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

"Level 16."

Yeah, I believe that's the limit of what game exempts you down to. 

So, if you are 50, you get exempted down to lvl 16. 

When I said llv 16, I was referring to the exempted level the game places for that TF.  

I hope that clears it up. 

The difference is HT is not going to be anywhere near perma on a AV typically (at the recharge cap it'll be 6 seconds off perma).  Even at high levels of recharge there are going to be substantial gaps in the regen debuff.  HT has a base recharge of 180 seconds, the regen debuff lasts 30 seconds.

Now Twilight's Grasp regen debuff lasts 20 seconds, its recharge is a base 8 seconds and the regen debuff (50%) stacks with itself.  The only real drawback, especially fighting an AV solo is rather clearly if you're spamming TG to debuff regen you also are not doing damage to said AV.  

That said HT is going to massacre the AVs regeneration while the debuff is in effect resulting in a significant overall boost to effective dps ... and TG will hamper regen during HTs cooldown the rest of the time.

Edited by Doomguide2005

On 10/23/2021 at 2:46 AM, Voltak said:

Yeah, I believe that's the limit of what game exempts you down to.

?

Unless i misunderstand (probably am) what you're referencing (the TF vs the game in general), you can exemp far lower than 16th.  I've been as low as 3rd on my Main scrapper joining a friend shortly after he left Outbreak.  

As for the TF it's a range of 11th to 16th, so yeah 16th is probably as low as you can go without other "tricks" being used.

• Thumbs Up 1

First destroy his regen -> HT and TG , next hit him with resistance debuffs -> Tar Patch and resist debuff procs in Rad Blast ,  next survive -> Hover out of reach with defenses, Heal as needed (TG), debuff his To Hit (lol, playing Dark), debuff his damage (TG and DN) , limit mobility -> Tar Patch, HT  

Reap rewards!

That should about sum it up. 😁

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

?

Unless i misunderstand (probably am) what you're referencing (the TF vs the game in general), you can exemp far lower than 16th.  I've been as low as 3rd on my Main scrapper joining a friend shortly after he left Outbreak.  

As for the TF it's a range of 11th to 16th, so yeah 16th is probably as low as you can go without other "tricks" being used.

Yes, you misunderstood. The game will exempt you down to lvl 16 in this TF if you are 50.  
Of course, that's what I am saying, bud

Yep 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

First destroy his regen -> HT and TG , next hit him with resistance debuffs -> Tar Patch and resist debuff procs in Rad Blast ,  next survive -> Hover out of reach with defenses, Heal as needed (TG), debuff his To Hit (lol, playing Dark), debuff his damage (TG and DN) , limit mobility -> Tar Patch, HT  

Reap rewards!

That should about sum it up. 😁

I take it you saw the vid then 🙂

7 minutes ago, Voltak said:

I take it you saw the vid then 🙂

Yes

I've also run several Dark Miasma to 50 back on Live including a Dark/ Rad defender.  Though sadly he hit 50 back in the dark ages of i5 or i6 and I got around to an IO build rather late and he had lots of ... competition for my attention at that point.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yes

I've also run several Dark Miasma to 50 back on Live including a Dark/ Rad defender.  Though sadly he hit 50 back in the dark ages of i5 or i6 and I got around to an IO build rather late and he had lots of ... competition for my attention at that point.

They sure are easy to love, those Dark Defenders.  I was immediately hooked.  

44 minutes ago, Voltak said:

They sure are easy to love, those Dark Defenders.  I was immediately hooked.  

Indeed I had a Dark/Rad and Dark/Fire defender I recall for sure at 50 then a Dark/Sonic that was in his 40's as I recall, as well as a Ice/Dark corruptor at 50.  Probably others I'm forgetting or recalling a Mids build vs in game etc..

Nastiest was a 5 man static group with friends.  All were something involving Dark and including 2 Dark Miasma (it ended up as 1 scrapper, 4 defenders).  Mine wasn't a Dark Miasma but a Sonic/Dark.  Kind of bored ourselves to death and playing as a group petered out in the 20's (crushing Arachnos on +4/×8 in Faultline) though mine saw 50.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Voltak said:

It is not my favorite. 

I don't have favorites. 

It is absolutely top tier. 

Very few defenders are not top tier in what they do. 

But Dark is masterfully well rounded, and certainly easy to love 

As an overall combo for endgame content, would you recommend Dark/Rad over, say, your Elec/Elec Defender?