Painfully slow moving Zombies with my Necro/Storm MM

Ruby Rocket

I'm having a ton of fun with Necro/Storm.  However, I outrun my zombies after nearly every mob just using Sprint.  I can literally get 5-6 attacks off before they catch up or even think about attacking.  Given that I don't have access to a secondary to boost their movement speed like Accelerate Metabolism or Speed Boost, is there another way to kick them in the butt and get them moving?  

I was looking into perhaps teleport team, but I'm unsure how well it might work.  Will it bring my pseudo pets as well?  The other thought I had was to acquire "Fold Space."  If I can't speed them up, then I might as well have their meals delivered.

I'd love to hear some options for getting my Zombies to pick up the pace.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Zombies will stand by and watch when enemies are slipping in the Hail Storm, or when the enemy is Held/Stunned... They will literally cease attacking until the target is free'd from status effects, or until you command them to attack that target.  You have got to admire their chivalry... 

Edited by Ruby Rocket

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Are you using Macro's or Keybinds to control them? In Body guard mode my pets follow me closely.

No Macro or Keybinds, just have them on aggressive/follow or defensive/follow and they are slooooowwwww.  Aggressive gets them to attack more reliably than Defensive.  Defensive they'll often stand there if I'm already 80% done cleaning up the mob before their arrival.

Edited by Ruby Rocket
  • Like 1

Yeah, Kin or Radiation...  Accelerate Metabolism would go a long long way!  Other than team teleport, are there any pools that might give them a little more giddy-up?  I don't want to give up my Storm pets to get a secondary with speed boost.

Edited by Ruby Rocket

12 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

How does everyone feel about suggesting a travel buff to all pets? Or be able to slot run speed IO to all of them rather than just Beasts and Ninjas?

I'd rather the Devs just give all the pets our "Swift" and "Sprint" power (well maybe not Ninjas they are fast enough).  That should be enough to keep up with us on normal maps.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

How does everyone feel about suggesting a travel buff to all pets? Or be able to slot run speed IO to all of them rather than just Beasts and Ninjas?

Second the motion.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:33 AM, Tacheyon said:

I'd rather the Devs just give all the pets our "Swift" and "Sprint" power (well maybe not Ninjas they are fast enough).  That should be enough to keep up with us on normal maps.

That's probably be the best solution, adding Swift and Sprint. Few other ideas I thought of would probably have issues. Apply it to Troller, Doms, patron pets etc as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/27/2021 at 7:40 AM, Ruby Rocket said:

<snip>

I was looking into perhaps teleport team, but I'm unsure how well it might work.  Will it bring my pseudo pets as well?  The other thought I had was to acquire "Fold Space."  If I can't speed them up, then I might as well have their meals delivered.

I'd love to hear some options for getting my Zombies to pick up the pace.

Actually team teleport and / or Fold Space are not bad options. You would want to get experience in teleporting into groups so you do not overshoot your targets. I used teleport to good effect on my radiation defenders. Nothing like dropping a quick EM Pulse in the middle of a chewy group with a choking cloud chaser to mezz any missed foes or survivors.

Unfortunately, the team tp does not apply to lightning storm or tornado, but tornado will catch up quickly.

TP in, short range and then hit gale to knock down as many foes as possible in body guard mode. The zombies will react quick enough to the missed targets that reply to your gale. Necro/storm is NOT a weak combination at all with practice and advatageous use of hurricane.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve found that while as good of a combo as Necro/Storm is, the slow nature of the henchmen requires me to almost always play that particular character as solo.  It’s very noticeable in steamrolling teams, which are hard enough for most MM’s to keep up with in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2021 at 10:33 AM, Tacheyon said:

Ninjas and beasts should always be the fastest pets, and I wouldn't mind making Ninjas move like they're permanently-Speed Boosted.  But yes...  at least have the rest of the pets keep up with a single slotted sprint would be amazing.

22 hours ago, Crysis said:

I’ve found that while as good of a combo as Necro/Storm is, the slow nature of the henchmen requires me to almost always play that particular character as solo.  It’s very noticeable in steamrolling teams, which are hard enough for most MM’s to keep up with in the first place.

Yeah, Steamrolling teams are usually my "pick up groups"...  I find that I just play support at that point.  Dump the pets and just buff/debuff.  I have that problem with any toon with pets, except the pets that need to be recast constantly; like Tornado, Lightning, Phantom Army, Spectoral Terror, Water Spout, or Haunt.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ruby Rocket said:

Yeah, Steamrolling teams are usually my "pick up groups"...  I find that I just play support at that point.  Dump the pets and just buff/debuff.  I have that problem with any toon with pets, except the pets that need to be recast constantly; like Tornado, Lightning, Phantom Army, Spectoral Terror, Water Spout, or Haunt.

Which ironically is why I like to play /Storm MM’s so much.  I always have “pets” to cast and they actually do decent damage and some decent debuffs so I feel like I’m contributing something to steamroll teams.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later
On 10/27/2021 at 7:51 PM, StrikerFox said:

I'll third the motion.  Or fourth.  Wherever the count is now.

I started a new MM in Praetoria last night with necro/dark.   This was my second MM since finding Homecoming ~16 months ago.

My first thoughts were "Wow, this is nice with my SoD working again", "these low level SOs are great", and "... where ARE they?"

My other MM is beasts/time; while I haven't compared them side by side, my recollection of the speed difference is significant.

Give zombies a speed boost like "Ravenous Hunger" or something.

On a related topic, I think the second generation MM sets like beasts and demons with time and fire-stuff really tuned those sets well.  I think my original beasts/time is like a necro/dark 2.0.