What value is Force Shield?

Arbegla

So, this is the Protector Bots Force Shield power, on my Mastermind. I've right clicked the buff icon (says 9%), I looked at the Detailed Info (says 5.63%) and I pulled up the combat attributes (says 9.23%)

What value is right and why are they different?

Screenshot is attached.

what_force_shield.jpg

Hm i would imagine that 5.63 is the basic unslotted number, do u have any defense slotted into the Protector Bots, or some IO sets that grants a global def boost?

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

34 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

Hm i would imagine that 5.63 is the basic unslotted number, do u have any defense slotted into the Protector Bots, or some IO sets that grants a global def boost?

I have 1 +3 SO slotted in it, and no other global bonuses that should affect Defense.

1. Buff icon: These values get rounded for display even though the game displays two decimals.
  2. Detailed info: You're viewing the power as a Mastermind, so the game is going to use the Mastermind AT modifier tables to show you a value. In the case of Force Shield that value is "0.75 * Ranged_Buff_Def" which for a Mastermind is 0.75 * 0.075 = 5.63%.
  3. Combat attributes: This is showing you the actual buff value affecting your character. As in point 2, Force Shield is still "0.75 * Ranged_Buff_Def" but the entity casting it is your Protector Bot which uses the "Lt Henchmen" tables for Ranged_Buff_Def. This comes out to 0.75 * 0.1 = 7.5% base. With a +3 defense SO slotted that works out to (1.23 * 7.5% = 9.23%).

TL;DR: All three values are correct but for different reasons.

Edited by macskull
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 minutes ago, macskull said:
  1. Buff icon: These values get rounded for display even though the game displays two decimals.
  2. Detailed info: You're viewing the power as a Mastermind, so the game is going to use the Mastermind AT modifier tables to show you a value. In the case of Force Shield that value is "0.75 * Ranged_Buff_Def" which for a Mastermind is 0.75 * 0.075 = 5.63%.
  3. Combat attributes: This is showing you the actual buff value affecting your character. As in point 2, Force Shield is still "0.75 * Ranged_Buff_Def" but the entity casting it is your Protector Bot which uses the "Lt Henchmen" tables for Ranged_Buff_Def. This comes out to 0.75 * 0.1 = 7.5% base. With a +3 defense SO slotted that works out to (1.23 * 7.5% = 9.23%).

Perfectly not confusing!

1 hour ago, macskull said:

Definitely not confusing at all. But the point is, the Combat Attribute is the most reliable value. So that's good to know.