Record? Stooges in a Trio high on crack: 19 mins, NO inspirations, no temps, ZERO deaths, 54x8

Voltak

We were just doing this for fun, right before we were going to log off the game. This is our idea of a speed run ITF, but something happened. 
At the conclusion of this we all realized we had just beaten the record of a four man team of 3 Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper with 1 Kinetics/Sonic Defender. 
We beat that time by 11 seconds, with only a 3 man team. 

Our final time - 19 mins 28 seconds.

Edited by Voltak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, TheZag said:

Are the records recorded somewhere or validated or moderated?  Or is it a word of mouth thing?  

There is a question mark right on the title.   I am not asserting "world record" , nope.  
I am making a question.  

Aside from that, in the Master ITF chnl we do keep track of times set by members. 
Our team of 3 broke the record of a 4 - man team. 

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, TheZag said:

Ya i was curious mostly if there was a location with times since you had the 1 time that you beat, not really whether it was official or not.

Zag, yo, Zag !  
Check this out

I got this message on Reddit 

"Hey that’s pretty solid, man! Not bad not bad. There’s no current record holder for the 3-4 man ITF category on Speedrun.com. You could post this there and become the official record holders!"  

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

That looks pretty fast

Edit: Meaning the three of you did it quickly, not anything to do with the video speed. Good work!

I know what you meant.  

I was saying that it's funny that to me it seemed also like the video was on fast playback.  
I did check 1-2 times to make sure it was at normal speeds because I selected fast play on only some occasions 

Just watching the video it looks fast. 🙂

On 10/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, TheZag said:

Are the records recorded somewhere or validated or moderated?  Or is it a word of mouth thing?  

there are record keepers.  I am not interested enough to know the details.  We regularly squish these out on +0 8 person teams in the 11-14 min range racing each other.  spped record is like 5-7 min.  something crazy

as a speed run you added all the extra time on the F-ing yourself out of debuffs by +4 and limiting insp/etc.  x8 means nothing because nothing is a kill all.  There are a certain number of objectives.  period.

Edited by Snarky

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

there are record keepers.  I am not interested enough to know the details.  We regularly squish these out on +0 8 person teams in the 11-14 min range racing each other.  spped record is like 5-7 min.  something crazy

as a speed run you added all the extra time on the F-ing yourself out of debuffs by +4 and limiting insp/etc.  x8 means nothing because nothing is a kill all.  There are a certain number of objectives.  period.

The speed run goal was to do it within those parameters - to do a speed run at 54 x8 with no insps , no temps, no amplifiers and so on. 

That's the speed run we were interested in doing, a speed run within that category. 

I hope that clears it up a bit. 

3 hours ago, Voltak said:

The speed run goal was to do it within those parameters - to do a speed run at 54 x8 with no insps , no temps, no amplifiers and so on. 

That's the speed run we were interested in doing, a speed run within that category. 

I hope that clears it up a bit. 

so you are saying you chose those parameters on purpose?

7 minutes ago, Snarky said:

so you are saying you chose those parameters on purpose?

So, doing the ITF fast, but doing the ITF with Master Settings, no insps, no temps, no deaths, and at +4 x 8. 
The goal was not to do a speed run in an extremely easy category. 

I hope that explains it better. 

Cheers 

• Thumbs Up 1