No Human Ears Option for Cat/Bunny/etc Ears

Tailcoat

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

Agreed. I had to pick hairstyles very carefully for my two kitsune... That "But why do you have FOUR EARS?!"-thing is a pain. 😝

Leave my four ears alone!  It's how I hear better!

That said, I wouldn't be against it, and when I've done the, no 4 ears, I to had to pick specific hairstyles to cover them up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Mighty Paladin said:

no one is saying you can't have 4 ears, we're saying we don't want to have to have 4 ears.

I know, which is why I said the second part .  It was a joke based on the "Why do you have four ears?!" comment.  😛

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, Coyotedancer said:

Agreed. I had to pick hairstyles very carefully for my two kitsune... That "But why do you have FOUR EARS?!"-thing is a pain. 😝

Very much so.  There's only what, 3? 4? hairstyles that actually hide the human ears, so more hairstyle varieties could also go a long way to helping this issue.

Yeah, I feel like "more hair styles that hide ears" would probably be easier to implement, as removing the human ears would require all new head models.

Actually wait, moar hair would also require new models... derp.

But in either case, even cat ears aside, I'd like a way to get rid of the ears. If you have a full mask, your ears are just painted the mask color and that always annoys me. So either way, +1 for more options 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

More hair models might actually be easier to implement, (depending on how things look under the hood), as they're pieces placed on an existing framework.  Removing the ears from the sides of the head would require another "head" framework, which all existing hairs would probably have to be tested against.

Well, that and most hairstyles would have to be tweaked slightly so there's not just a gap where the ears were, which would look super weird.

As far as the colored ears go, maybe an additional mask option for ears excluded could work - just a simple texture edit there.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later

I was going to ask about exactly this, when I thought "hm, I should see if someone else asked for this already!" And it was, indeed, a thing that got requested!

And so I exhume this topic from the grave and say "yes, can we have this please." There's only so many tricks to hide the human ears.