Perez Map messed up/VidiotMaps help

I would recommend installing the most up-to-date vidiotmaps, ideally via the CoH modder tool. The issue with that map looks like an issue I unintentionally introduced into some maps (including the Perez map) but later fixed when I better understood the texture creation process. The only guaranteed fix for that map is to replace it with the updated version.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I would recommend installing the most up-to-date vidiotmaps, ideally via the CoH modder tool. The issue with that map looks like an issue I unintentionally introduced into some maps (including the Perez map) but later fixed when I better understood the texture creation process. The only guaranteed fix for that map is to replace it with the updated version.

Thanks for the info. Going to dive into that later tomorrow. One, probably stupid, question though. Do I need to try and uninstall the old VidiotMaps or will it just "fix" it? And if so, how do I get rid of the original?

Virtue-Vet

Now on Everlasting

The original(s) should get overwritten in the process so there is no need to uninstall. If you decide to go the CoH modder route, I think CoH modder creates a backup of any maps it overwrites, but I am not totally sure. If you feel comfortable enough with the structure of the 'data' folder and where mods need to be placed within it, and you want to try manual installation, there is a zip file linked in my vidiotmap update post that contains all the maps I have updated. Those should be the only ones that need updating.