Pets Self Re-Summon

Rudra

For the past few days, every time I unsummon my pets in Peregrine Island and then cross to the base portal and enter, my pets are all there again. I don't know if it is something about PI, about being a Ninjas MM, or if it is something else. It always happens in the Portal Corporation area, regardless of whether I unsummon inside a Portal Corp. building or just in the central plaza. I have unsummoned inside the buildings, exited the building to the plaza and had no pets with me, crossed the plaza with no pets in tow, and then all my pets are there again when I enter the SG base.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the only time I have seen 'abandoned pets' — sometimes for hours — is around the Portal Court SG portal.

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I had it happen to me in a mission once. I dismissed all my pets, they vanished from my HUD, but when I went to resummon them, they weren't there because the ones I dismissed were still hanging around. The difference is, is that I no longer had control of them. They became true NPCs who ignored commands, did not show up on my pet menu AND prevented me from summoning new ones. Only had this happen once though.

There was an old, old bug back in the Live days that caused this for awhile... I ran into it constantly with the Ninja MM I was playing at the time. You'd tell the pets to scram, but the game wouldn't ever *REALLY* dismiss them, so they'd be back the next time you zoned.

The way around it was to use the text command to dismiss (/releasepets) rather than the UI. 

The old devs did eventually find a way to kill that bug, but it sounds like it may be resurfacing again.  

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 2 weeks later
On 11/21/2021 at 5:28 PM, Solarverse said:

I had it happen to me in a mission once. I dismissed all my pets, they vanished from my HUD, but when I went to resummon them, they weren't there because the ones I dismissed were still hanging around. The difference is, is that I no longer had control of them. They became true NPCs who ignored commands, did not show up on my pet menu AND prevented me from summoning new ones. Only had this happen once though.

I fairly consistently encounter this on RWZ raids if I get defeated and have to zone back to hospital.  If I resummon my henchmen after my hospital rez and then someone TP’s me back to raid my henchmen remain stuck at RWZ base.  Even /releasepets doesn’t work.  I have to fly myself back to base and there the gang is even though they are no longer controllable by me.  I’ve instead just started dropping a Ouro, zoning out of RWZ entirely and then re-entering.  That seems to finally release them and allow me to resummon.

• Like 1