Ill / TA Questions.

jordanlc93

Hello all, 

I played way back when , and tried to make a (mild farming char) He was ILL/TA. Perma Pa with great aoe dmg in oil slick and fireball plus other aoes. 

However back then, I was younger and dumber and the oil slick would make my PA run out of the area effected. Has this been fixed?  

3 minutes ago, jordanlc93 said:

Ill/TA is something I want to turn into a farmer in a way. Being able to take mass group of mobs and oil slick / fire ball / pa / debuffs ect ect. Bad idea? 

Anything can farm...the question is how effective will it be.

Its going to be very hard outperforming a fire broot, as far as time is concerned. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Generally the rule of thumb is to have capped Res/Def to whatever you're farming... now, that's not necessary with Illusion if you have perma Phantom Army, however, your timing for getting PA off is going to be key, if you mess it up and your one expires before getting the next off, you're going to faceplant.  Between this and the fact that OSA and Fireball are your only real AoE, I'd leave it at this: If you want to "Farm" to say you did it, go for it, but as Warpact said, if you're looking to actually farm, a Spines/Fire or Rad/Fire brute are going to be your better bet.

What this team needs is more Defenders

4 hours ago, jordanlc93 said:

How good is it ? Do you know? 

It’s fantastic. Illusion has always been top tier as a control set and TA is without a doubt amongst the better half of support sets. Its only meaningful hole is no perma -regen, but your -res is so good it should not matter.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:18 AM, jordanlc93 said:

Ill/TA is something I want to turn into a farmer in a way. Being able to take mass group of mobs and oil slick / fire ball / pa / debuffs ect ect. Bad idea? 

Unless you are really stuck on illusion, I'd think a plant/TA would potentially be the "farmiest" controller possible (although I know a lot swear by plant/storm).  Plant has better aoe and pretty much just as safe as illusion, just throw seeds of confusion and creepers instead of phantom army and spectral terror.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1