Worthy Opponent

Ukase

Figured I'd ask this here, rather than clumsily file a petition and possibly waste time for our hard-working dev team. One of my characters only needs Worthy Opponent and Legatus to be "complete". I'm not terribly into masochism (though being a badger might contradict that statement), so I'm going to wait until January for Legatus. At least, that's what I'm telling myself now. 

I was unclear how my character would fare without IO set bonuses, so I thought I would start the TF and take a look at my combat stats. But, I'm confused by what I see. 
Numina Regen/Recovery is active. 
Celerity: Stealth is active. 
Kismet 6% ToHit is active. 

I thought set bonuses were negated when you selected both "Old School Challenge" and "Master of Lord Recluse's Strike Force". 

Near as I can tell, my other set bonuses are negated. Am I missing something? 

image.thumb.png.eaed5b149eda9caeb02778194a76e5f3.png

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Figured I'd ask this here, rather than clumsily file a petition and possibly waste time for our hard-working dev team. One of my characters only needs Worthy Opponent and Legatus to be "complete". I'm not terribly into masochism (though being a badger might contradict that statement), so I'm going to wait until January for Legatus. At least, that's what I'm telling myself now. 

I was unclear how my character would fare without IO set bonuses, so I thought I would start the TF and take a look at my combat stats. But, I'm confused by what I see. 

I thought set bonuses were negated when you selected both "Old School Challenge" and "Master of Lord Recluse's Strike Force". 

Near as I can tell, my other set bonuses are negated. Am I missing something? 

image.thumb.png.eaed5b149eda9caeb02778194a76e5f3.png

Did you try entering the mission?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I know when I hover over the blue question mark in the Ouroboros story arc window after selecting the specific arc, it describes what 'Master of' and 'Old School' entails. Might take a look there for the discrepancy.

I looked there. It stated "No enhancement set bonuses"... so it could be that Flea is correct and it's WAI. And I suppose that's the case. Just seemed odd to me. 

35 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Those aren't set bonuses, they're procs.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

31 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I looked there. It stated "No enhancement set bonuses"... so it could be that Flea is correct and it's WAI. And I suppose that's the case. Just seemed odd to me. 

It's weird but it's the same reason you can slot preventative medicine absorb proc anywhere and still receive the affect.  Some unique enhancements show up as set bonuses and always work whether the power is active or not.  You can look at your personal info (Menu>J).  If it shows up under set bonuses there it'll get zapped by the new setting.

8 minutes ago, Placta said:

They aren't technically procs (Programmed Random Occurences) since there is no randomization.  There's just a check every 2 minutes to see if you've activated the power it's slotted in.

3 hours ago, Placta said:

I completely understand the distinction. But, I have always considered the "Procs" to be a set bonus, it's just that only 1 is required for that bonus. Just Semantics. 

I finished Worthy Opponent just a bit ago. The leader was crazy enough to try for Master of at the same time, and lol, he died in the first minute of the first mission. I suffered two defeats in front of Kronos, when my end got drained, I got stunned...and for some reason, couldn't use a break free. I think I was dead already, but my monitor didn't show it..yet. Used a large wakie, and got clobbered in an instant. But then, I got up and remained up right for the rest of it. I'd gotten so used to that defensive amplifier! 

Yeah, not set bonuses.  I got Worthy Opponent the day it went live and commented on these 'effects' still being active.

(And when I say commented, I mean on voice chat so I guess that's how you missed it since you weren't there. 😛 )

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.