New version of Stone/Rad post stone changes

subbacultchas

I made this toon a year or two back for granite form with Bopper's help, worked fine and had enough speed but still felt limited. I redid it with the new changes as non-granite, and by god it may be may favorite tank yet. Capped defenses to all but fire (37%), most resistances 50-80 except e/n/psi, even higher with easy ATO proc stacks. Was able to switch out agility alpha for musculature, and add in a few more procs as a result. It's like a whole new beast with the stone changes, and having more fun with it than I have in a very long time.

Here's the build, any criticism or pointers welcome. I don't have the new values in mids, and the powers don't line up so there's some defense slots missing in stone skin and perf shifter/end in crystals.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Radioactive Smash -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), GldStr-%Dam(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 4: Stone Skin -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(11), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Ags-Psi/Status(13), Empty(13), Empty(15)
Level 6: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal(15), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)
Level 8: Mud Pots -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(45)
Level 12: Rooted -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(23)
Level 14: Brimstone Armor -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Heal-I(27), Heal-I(29), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(29)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Empty(31), Empty(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def(33)
Level 22: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 26: Minerals -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(34), RedFrt-Def(36)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37), Obl-Dmg(37), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(40)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Gloom -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 49: Speed Phase 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
------------

• Like 1

@subbacultchas Similar to you, I also had a level 50 stone/rad tank who I had not played in quite some time.  I made a 2nd build for him a few days ago.  He did not take any of the fighting pool or Hasten, but has all 9 armors including Granite (4 slotted, 2 def(50+5 IOs), 2 res(50+5 IOs).  He slotted Stone Skin the same way.

• Health is 4 slotted, with the Miracle and NumConv procs plus the associated pure Health IO from the respective sets.
  • Brimstone is 5 slotted, including the two res+3% defense procs
  • Rock Armor is 5 slotted, including the 5% resist proc
  • Crystal Armor is 5-slotted, including a level 50 GIO endMod
  • Earths Embrace 4-slotted, two each lvl 50+5 recharge and health GIOs, auto-fire
  • Combat Jumping early and Combat Teleport at 30, just before Granite.  He didn't take Super Jump until 49, nor Teleport Target until 47.
  • Energy Mastery with Conserve Power (no extra slots) and Physical Perfection, two each level 50+5 endMod and Health GIOs
  • Maneuvers (4-slotted) at 22 and Tactics at 24 (2-slotted), both always on
  • Runs with all available armors active, except Granite.   During missions, Mud Pots and Irradiated Ground are also active. Endurance is not an issue, even at lower levels where Physical Perfection not available
  • Currently has Atlas Medallion and Portal Jockey, and working on Task Force Commander.

He is not even finished slotting yet, but has been extremely robust even with team at lvl 50+4*8 missions.  Granite has only been used once, fighting Neutron, and he may not have needed it then.  His first AV with that build, and turned it on out of habit.

I'm holding off testing him in an AE farm until all his armors fully slotted.  All the defensive toggles have at least one resist and one defense now. 🙂  As it is, he could Granite one, slowly.  This caps all his resistances (excpet psi) at 90 and his major defenses set to at least 39.  I'm hoping once fully slotted he'll do quite respectably in the other armors.  With those, he may not be able to solo a 50+4*8, but 50+3*6 might be doable.

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Rock

You'll be surprised I think when you get him finished out with the regular armors. I've ran a fair bit of content with this one over the last few days at 54x8, and had very little problem so far at all. No deaths, only one close one when I wasnt watching end or refreshing Ageless as I should. Even holding Rom and half of Cimerora, or the big bot and friends in Market Crash,  health never dipped low enough to NEED the heals, other than just using them for the +hp buff or the damage in case of the rad heal.

I think I see a few places I can make some effective changes, including another proc in Irradiated. But I'm pretty close to having this build finished. While I was hesitant to shift from Granite, I think I'm a big fan of this change and don't see myself keeping it beyond a mule or oh shit power. Stone finally feels top tier without it.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 5:49 AM, subbacultchas said:

I made this toon a year or two back for granite form with Bopper's help, worked fine and had enough speed but still felt limited. I redid it with the new changes as non-granite, and by god it may be may favorite tank yet. Capped defenses to all but fire (37%), most resistances 50-80 except e/n/psi, even higher with easy ATO proc stacks. Was able to switch out agility alpha for musculature, and add in a few more procs as a result. It's like a whole new beast with the stone changes, and having more fun with it than I have in a very long time.

Here's the build, any criticism or pointers welcome. I don't have the new values in mids, and the powers don't line up so there's some defense slots missing in stone skin and perf shifter/end in crystals.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Radioactive Smash -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), GldStr-%Dam(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 4: Stone Skin -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(11), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Ags-Psi/Status(13), Empty(13), Empty(15)
Level 6: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal(15), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)
Level 8: Mud Pots -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(45)
Level 12: Rooted -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(23)
Level 14: Brimstone Armor -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Heal-I(27), Heal-I(29), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(29)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Empty(31), Empty(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def(33)
Level 22: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 26: Minerals -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(34), RedFrt-Def(36)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37), Obl-Dmg(37), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(40)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Gloom -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 49: Speed Phase 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
------------

Don't think you can take Brimstone Armor at level 14

1 hour ago, subbacultchas said:

You'd be mistaken for thinking that. You actually get it at 12 as tanker IIRC.

That changed in this new page. It's now a later power (patch notes forgot to mention it, I believe).

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn