Can't Dismiss Vanguard MDC

Apparition

If I remember correctly, the way the Vanguard MDC power works is that it summons a pet that summons a pet and then kills the originally summoned pet—so it can't be dismissed since the second summoned entity isn't actually your pet (in the same way that the Lord Recluse sig. summoned Bane Spider Commando has the dismiss option, but can't be dismissed). 

Edited by Dombloo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Lead Game Master
21 minutes ago, TheZag said:

So its a pet that summons a pet and then dismisses the initial pet.  Sounds like someone over at NCsoft took all the ideas and drew from a hat and had to make a power from what came out.

I'm pretty sure the MDC is all us! I'm not sure why they made it work that way, though I would guess because we can't summon enemies (though we can apparently summon an ally that summons an enemy?)

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

39 minutes ago, Number Six said:

It does it to work around all your pets getting the +1 level shift from Alpha slot applied to them. Otherwise the dummy would be +1 and make it not have the same stats as a pylon anymore.

Except they aren't quite the same as a pylon, so they can't be used for pylon time testing, at least not in a way that's comparable with existing. They're missing one important thing, which is that the pylons have the flag turned on that makes them always show as even-level. The MDC is always 54, doesn't have that flag, and thus can't be even-level, since even spawning it in Ouro/Pocket D/DA only shifts you up to 53.

Is this intended, a known bug, or just something unintended that wasn't noticed before?

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

10 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

Except they aren't quite the same as a pylon, so they can't be used for pylon time testing, at least not in a way that's comparable with existing.

I believe this is because they are based off of the instanced MSR pylons; it might be worth modeling them after the in zone pylons though given that that's how most pylon tests are performed.

• Thumbs Up 1