Twinshot's second arc

Wavicle

In this arc there are missions that require you to Board Transit, and when you click on the train the mission is shown to be located at "Manticore's Mansion".

It would be nice if these missions could be reached From Ouroboros, but alas they cannot! I suggest changing this.

Edited by Wavicle

For most of em yes, but as far i know not for all and back on live the lvl u normally would do the mish the OP mentions,  u couldnt enter ouro anyways.

Its okay for me that theres some exclusions for the Board Transit Missions.

Heck this mission shouldnt be a enter Transit anyway, u basically go to a secret base of Manticore/the Freedom Phalanx.

Jumping into a truck, so u dont know where that location exactly is, as its done for other missions would be more appropiate.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

The entry portal in Ouro can be used for 'board transit' missions -- it's common to use it for the last mission in Posi 1 because rezzing puts you back in Ouro right by the rear portal, letting you get back to the mission faster.

That’s my point. It doesn’t work on this arc.

56 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

That’s my point. It doesn’t work on this arc.

Logical consistency.

Lowbies aren't going to have O-portal access at Level 9.

Yes, it CAN be done.

But, realistically, most heroes in that level range won't have it.

So, when they have to transit across the city, they're gonna use the rail system.

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Just now, Hyperstrike said:

Logical consistency.

Lowbies aren't going to have O-portal access at Level 9.

Yes, it CAN be done.

But, realistically, most heroes in that level range won't have it.

So, when they have to transit across the city, they're gonna use the rail system.

That’s nonsense. Most lowbies get it at level one these days.

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

With twinking?

Sure.

But, like I said, it CAN be done.

Just to be extra clear:

To get Ouro at level 1, all you have to do is use the TUNNEL portal in Atlas to get to Night Ward, enter the Midnighter Mansion there. Then go back to Atlas and take the train to Steel Canyon. Walk to the University, enter the Midnight Club there and go to Cimerora.

Can also be done Villain side, perhaps even easier since the North Ferry in Cap is even closer to the Uni than the train in Steel.

• Like 1

I feel it would be much simpler to just cancel all travel powers and give players a button to teleport to the end objective of the next mission. Hit it once, gain a whole level, train remotely from the ashes of the last mission, then push a button to go to the next mission.

What is the need to teleport instantly to the next mission anyway? When did jumping or flying become so boring? Because you’re not at MAXXX XXPPS!!?

Don’t get me wrong. It should be consistent. But is the current model  of instapoof transport an ideal play model which we should design everything after? Hardly.

The assumption that all Level 1s are getting the mad Orouboros Portals right out of the gate is also suspect. Maybe you do that. Maybe a lot of impatient people also do that. It’s not the whole player base, I suspect.

Edited by MHertz
  • Haha 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

2 minutes ago, MHertz said:

I feel it would be much simpler to just cancel all travel powers and give players a button to teleport to the end objective of the next mission. Hit it once, gain a whole level, train remotely from the ashes of the last mission, then push a button to go to the mission.

What is the need to teleport instantly to the next mission anyway? When did jumping or flying become so boring? Because you’re not at MAXXX XXPPS!!?

Don’t get me wrong. It should be consistent. But I s the current model  of instapoof transport an ideal play model which we should design everything after? Hardly.

The assumption that all Level 1s are getting the mad Orouboros Portals right out of the gate is also suspect. Maybe you do that. Maybe a lot of impatient people also do that. It’s not the whole player base, I suspect.

I'm just asking for a little consistency. That if Oro is going to be considered "transport" then it should ALWAYS be considered transport or NEVER. It has nothing to do with anything being instantaneous.

And Twinshot's SECOND arc is minimum level 10, iirc.

Edited by Wavicle

Oh, I agree with that part. Clearly it was a design choice to allow such travel destinations to be reached by that portal. It should work consistently unless there is a clear reason. Instant travel was probably justified as a way to let door missions compete with the AE XP faucet; or maybe it was to allow 1 server map load instead of 2.

I don’t agree with that design choice, but that’s not a reason to apply it even-handedly.

Edited by MHertz

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Most lowbies

might be an exaggeration. without data mining to back up such a statement.. meh

consistency might be removing the Ouro portal from all non-time related content?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum