New Accolade Power

Mezmera

With any new content now coming from the HC dev team I thought maybe it would be appropriate if they would get to create their very own accolade power.  We have a bunch of accolade abilities from the old creators but why can't the new team get the mantle passed along to them in a way and get to craft one of their very own once there's enough of their new content to play.  

I know accolades are usually gated to hero and villain but maybe with a new accolade it could be Going Rogue related so that the requisite badges and stuff can be cross alignment from hero, villain and goldsiders.  Like the Master of Aeon SF badge could be one thing you'll need plus any more badges for things they may have in the works.  

As far as what the accolade ability may be well we have a bunch of hp and end inherent accolades.  A few defense clicks, powerboosting ability, and another that gives you great recharge/tohitt/recovery.  I was thinking maybe a click I guess with a damage boost since that'd be the counter partner to Force of Nature.  Or an inherent small dmg/resist/def boost.  

Just a thought, if they're carrying the mantle with fresh new things why can't they get to offer up a cool accolade of their very own eventually.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They kinda have given us an accolade power, the zone teleports and all teleports under one umbrella button.

Personally I think it's a great addition to the game. Better than the teleport macro that it replaced.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I'd be up for it. Even if it is a token super long recharge thing like a lot of the accolade powers, it feels good to have a tangible thing awarded to you for your efforts, like Elusive Mind or the Cryo Gun. Maybe another "item" like the vanguard wizard staff or something. 

• Like 1

How about something that gives +5% resist (5% isnt that much, can be made less if it still is), for us resisting the shutdown 😉 , seems appropiate to me. As said by A Cat long recharge so it isnt avail for evry 2nd fight, but not too long either.. 30 Minutes? 1 Hour maybe?

The Homecoming resist Power 🙂

• Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

1 hour ago, BurtHutt said:

I think it would be cool to add some more rewards to the game like new pets that you get for completing a TF/SF. Maybe a new toon or character created by Devs or players. That would be fun!

Kheldians and Arachnos Soldier/Widows kinda was that . they was deliberately changed by HC dev team to not be gated anymore.

(The Gate was having a lvl 50 on the appropiate side).

Bringing Gates like that back would be not a very good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

On 12/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, SuggestorK said:

Kheldians and Arachnos Soldier/Widows kinda was that . they was deliberately changed by HC dev team to not be gated anymore.

(The Gate was having a lvl 50 on the appropiate side).

Bringing Gates like that back would be not a very good thing.

I wasn't meaning to infer anything like unlocking ATs at 50 and so on. I mean nice little changes that aren't game breaking - like pets, cosmetic pets and so on. 

14 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

I wasn't meaning to infer anything like unlocking ATs at 50 and so on. I mean nice little changes that aren't game breaking - like pets, cosmetic pets and so on. 

No Problem if u didnt mean that , if u had only said Pets or such i wouldnt have said anything.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, BurtHutt said:

Maybe a new toon or character created by Devs or players. That would be fun!

But what exactly did u mean with this: "Toon or Character" basically that equals the Kheldian/Villain Epic, just that theyre an different AT too, since that would be a playable character (character slots on server as example).

Sorry its just unclear for me.

Former Player on Server:

On 12/14/2021 at 11:30 PM, SuggestorK said:

No Problem if u didnt mean that , if u had only said Pets or such i wouldnt have said anything.

But what exactly did u mean with this: "Toon or Character" basically that equals the Kheldian/Villain Epic, just that theyre an different AT too, since that would be a playable character (character slots on server as example).

Sorry its just unclear for me.

Well, you get this type of reward in an SF Operative Renault. I thought getting the coral pet was fun (Coral Amulet temp power). Again, these types of things - nothing game breaking but a little, new add that isn't too labor intensive.

Edited by BurtHutt