AT Suggestion: Subjugator

biostem

Archetype name:  "Subjugator"

Archetype special ability: "Subjugation" - Your summoned entities take reduced damage from and deal increased damage against, any enemy that is under any control effect.

Primary: Control

Secondary: Summoning

Archetype Summary:  Whether through charisma, coercion, or other means, you are a master at getting others to do what you want.  You are able to restrict the movement and ability to act of your enemies, call upon powerful allies or minions, and have the latter take advantage of the former.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this concept.  Thanks!

I'm for it!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33013-make-weapon-type-selectable-for-masterminds/#comment-423503

But then, I'm also generally in favour of anything new, interesting, and grants players more options to explore City's best feature.

So . . . do you envision this Archetype maintaining the Control Pets, @biostem?  Or would the presence of Henchpets in the Secondary necessitate that all the Control Sets have their Pets replaced with some other type of Power?

As suggested in the post I linked, I would think an Archetype like this would work well by removing the three Attack Powers from the Henchpet Sets, and replacing them with self-Survival Powers.

ie:  Mind Over Body, Indomitable Will, and Heightened Senses from Willpower for Mercenaries.

Dark Embrace, Murky Cloud, and Dark Regeneration from Dark Armour for Necromancy.

Ninja Reflexes, Danger Sense, and Kuji-In Sha from Ninjitsu for Ninjas.

Dampening Field, Energy Protection, and Energize from Energy Aura for Robots.

Fire Shield, Plasma Shield, and Consume from Fiery Aura for Demons.

et cetera.

39 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

So . . . do you envision this Archetype maintaining the Control Pets, @biostem?  Or would the presence of Henchpets in the Secondary necessitate that all the Control Sets have their Pets replaced with some other type of Power?

Frankly, I wouldn't change the sets at all;  The idea is that you lock down enemies and have your pets do the dirty work for you.  I think replacing the attacks from the summoning sets with armor toggles would put too much emphasis on your character - they're not meant to be in the fray.  Heck, I was considering putting something like a placate power in there somewhere, so you could "bug out" if an enemy takes interest in you.  Think less a squad leader, and more of a coward that takes advantage of you while you're down...

Edited by biostem

And a character where all you do is walk into a mission and let your pets kill everything? No thanks. That sounds positively absurd. 

Edited by Aurora_Girl
  • Thumbs Down 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

5 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

And a character where all you do is walk into a mission and let your pets kill everything? No thanks. That sounds positively absurd. 

Thats how I play my MMs, I debuff, buff, heal, they do all the heavy lifting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Indeed.  It's kind of the Mastermind Archetype's whole schtick, and it's glorious!  But naturally, it's also not for everyone.

A Control/Henchpet Archetype would be very similar.  It's not something which everyone will enjoy.  Exactly like every other Archetype already in the game.

Besides, with a whole Primary dedicated to Control Powers, there's a -LOT- for this Subjugator to do while the Pets are laying down the primary source of Damage.  Without any Support Powers, the Subjugator would have to be proactive in ensuring their Pets don't wind up defeated, prioritizing targets and reapplying Control.  With the Henchpets being a Secondary, I would expect that they would be substantially weakened compared to a Mastermind's version of them.  Also, the lack of a Bodyguard Mode would mean the Subjugator would need to be more mindful of their own well-being.

This proposal is probably -less- of an AFK'able Archetype than the current Mastermind, all things considered.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Thats how I play my MMs, I debuff, buff, heal, they do all the heavy lifting. 

Remove the "debuff, buff, heal" bit and that's what the OP here is looking for. That's my point. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

51 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Remove the "debuff, buff, heal" bit and that's what the OP here is looking for. That's my point. 

Well no, the AT primary would be control, so confuse, immobilize, hold, etc.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Seems like pets/pets to me. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• 3 weeks later
On 12/8/2021 at 6:32 AM, Aurora_Girl said:

My Bot/Force Field MM does the Clipboard emote in the middle of battle and says 'Hurm...interesting data...' now. In many cases, you buff your pets and they kill everything NOW!