Flatten Tip Mission level ranges

Fira

Tip missions are pretty cool. If I'm counting right on wiki there are 145 different tips for 232 missions total in i23 game - not counting extra additions by Homecoming. Unfortunately since team content almost only occurs in 40-50 level range and blueside, you pretty much get to see only 18 of these 145 tips in 90% of scenarios, and usually only in their Hero version due to people stacking alignment points. Once in a while you might experience additionally 9 rogue ones, but tip teaming on redside is near nil (believe me, i try).

This is still effectively 18-45 (best scenario) out of 232 missions you can realistically encounter in teaming. Tip missions are nowadays hugely unpopular due to how repetitive they feel in effect - I've even heard people saying they'd rather run radio due to this - which is sort of a nonsensical situation.

While that obviously won't be possible for all missions due to enemy group level restrictions, I'd suspect a majority of them can in fact be scaled up and made available in the upper level brackets. This would make them a somewhat more appealing option...

Alternatively, adding them to Ouro ensures you can consistently run them and the content doesn't end up wasted and forgotten *completely*, as suggested here (this would technically deprecate the base computer but hey..)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Fira said:

Unfortunately since team content almost only occurs in 40-50 level range and blueside, you pretty much get to see only 18 of these 145 tips in 90% of scenarios, and usually only in their Hero version due to people stacking alignment points. Once in a while you might experience additionally 9 rogue ones, but tip teaming on redside is near nil (believe me, i try).

I'm wondering where you get this data from. The last line doesn't really hold much weight.

2 hours ago, Fira said:

Alternatively, adding them to Ouro ensures you can consistently run them and the content doesn't end up wasted and forgotten *completely*, as suggested here (this would technically deprecate the base computer but hey..)

There is a way to access Tip Missions, but not through Ouro. And it requires a bit of ingenuity:
You can place an item called Mission Computer in an SG base. From there, it will list all tip missions for your corresponding level (i.e. L40 red has 22 missions -- both for Rogue and Villain) and you can fire one up at the cost of 1 merit each. So if you're planning to do the ones you missed, just team with someone in that level range, pass him the star and pick the missions.

54 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

I'm wondering where you get this data from. The last line doesn't really hold much weight.

There is a way to access Tip Missions, but not through Ouro. And it requires a bit of ingenuity:
You can place an item called Mission Computer in an SG base. From there, it will list all tip missions for your corresponding level (i.e. L40 red has 22 missions -- both for Rogue and Villain) and you can fire one up at the cost of 1 merit each. So if you're planning to do the ones you missed, just team with someone in that level range, pass him the star and pick the missions.

Yes, it shouldn't hold weight. If you want you can just divide this by two and pretend sides are irrelevant since that's what people do in a different way anyway. Point stands regardless and was very specifically about the level issue - I literally mentioned the SG base computer in post....

As for the 'data', the list is literally on the wiki:  https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Alignment_Mission

• City Council

Tips cannot be added to ouro because Tips aren't missions, they are contacts. When you click "Investigate", you are calling a contact, and when you get a choice, you are selecting between two or three different tasks in a taskset. That's why they were put in the mission computer instead, you are receiving a contact. The original plan was to extend their range and allow any of them to be obtainable via mission computer, but it's a lot more work than you may think, so it got shelved. May still happen at some point, but as priorities go, it's pretty low.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Fira said:

Unfortunately since team content almost only occurs in 40-50 level range and blueside,

... you know you can make your *own* teams and run what you want at any level, right...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:05 PM, Greycat said:

... you know you can make your *own* teams and run what you want at any level, right...

On 12/17/2021 at 2:34 PM, Fira said:

but tip teaming on redside is near nil (believe me, i try).