The Limitations of the Revenant Hero Project

srmalloy

I had taken my Rad/Atomic Blaster to Eden to defeat enough Paragon Protectors to finish out her Infiltrator badge, and ran into a clear demonstration of a fundamental problem with Countess Crey's Revenant Hero Project. I was flying above a spawn, and sniped down the Paragon Protector in the spawn. The Medic in the spawn rezzed him, and he flew up after me. I blasted him down, and he fell back into the spawn... where a Geneticist rezzed him. He came up again, and was sent back down... and another Geneticist rezzed him. This went on and on, with the three rezzers always having one of them with their rez up. Eventually, the entire spawn disappeared, but not before I had gotten 62 defeats toward the Infiltrator badge from the one Paragon Protector. You have to admire their determination, if not their brains. I kept expecting the rezzers to do something like "Okay, Frank; you've had enough tries, you're done. Take the medi-port and go back to the lab." and stop rezzing him, but it took the entire spawn going away to stop it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I had taken my Rad/Atomic Blaster to Eden to defeat enough Paragon Protectors to finish out her Infiltrator badge, and ran into a clear demonstration of a fundamental problem with Countess Crey's Revenant Hero Project. I was flying above a spawn, and sniped down the Paragon Protector in the spawn. The Medic in the spawn rezzed him, and he flew up after me. I blasted him down, and he fell back into the spawn... where a Geneticist rezzed him. He came up again, and was sent back down... and another Geneticist rezzed him. This went on and on, with the three rezzers always having one of them with their rez up. Eventually, the entire spawn disappeared, but not before I had gotten 62 defeats toward the Infiltrator badge from the one Paragon Protector. You have to admire their determination, if not their brains. I kept expecting the rezzers to do something like "Okay, Frank; you've had enough tries, you're done. Take the medi-port and go back to the lab." and stop rezzing him, but it took the entire spawn going away to stop it.

Wow this is a great strategy for zone badge collecting!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

You'd clearly addled his mind after bashing him down the first time, and the Geneticists were just enjoying a good laugh, "look, there he goes again!  Ha ha!  Think we could get him to try again again?!"

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Perhaps, but if so, he didn't understand the mechanics, because he would have capped his debt long before he hit 62 defeats back-to-back.

Not if he bought winter packs and was burning experienced temps….