Costume change out of domination

BastionWalls

Had an idea about creating a Macro to costume change when going into domination and after a bit of search-fu found this on the Wiki:

/macro dom "emote bowdown$$local You're making me mad!$$powexec_name domination$$cc 2"

So a couple of questions to all of you beautiful Macro Masters out there:

A: Would this work as an auto-power? Or are there too many commands? 

B: Is there any way to set it up to change back into the original costume when domination ends? I know I could set up a 2nd macro but am hoping for something that would fire automatically giving us a better visual cue when dom ends.

I get that if this would work, it would not be peak efficiency as you are interrupting a fight with costume emotes, but I feel the "rule of cool" overrides that.

Haha. yes. Rule of Cool takes precedence.

I have a demon that only gets wings for travel power (Mystic Flight) and sheds them for everything else. You're right, the costume change does eat up a second or two, which can be jarring when you're in the middle of a tangle. He has a diff set of macros for SG runs, because SG has rules for being seen in public 😃

The macro I use is:
/macro_image "xxx" Fly "cce 1 ccfurburst$$powexec_name Mystic Flight"
/macro_image "yyy" Land "powexec_name Mystic Flight$$cce 0 ccrapidboil" (as you cans see, order doesn't matter... or maybe just for this particular macro)

I'm not sure if it's possible to use your Domination status as the trigger... or if it is, how to. I just copy paste stuff that I barely understand.

you can pick your macro_image (xxx and yyy) here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHUi6BWFTYj4wbfGBs3LjZL88Fym6B-8EwDr18YZcY8/edit#gid=0
costume slots are numbered 0 as the first one, 1 is the second slot, etc.
ccemotes are listed here, but I couldn't get some of them to work (I think some of them need to be earned/unlocked): https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Emotes#Costume_Change_Emotes

Good luck and enjoy.

1 hour ago, BastionWalls said:

A: Would this work as an auto-power?

Macros can't be set to auto-fire.  Macros can set a power to auto-fire, but you'd still have to manually activate the macro (click or keypress).  A rotating bind file wouldn't work either, because it would continually spam the chat message and costume changes regardless of what else you did, as there's no if/then structure in the in-game command structure (necessary to prevent the chat message/costume change unless Domination was activated).

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

@Luminara, Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. I had the brief thought of being clever and finding a way to "Hulk out" during dominance where you would change when dominance activates and change back when it ends, but it looks like that would have to be a manual process. Not impossible, but probably impractical in the heat of battle.

Unless you're glued to the bowdown emote, here's a list of costume change emotes made specifically for changing your costumes that are pretty cool:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Cce_(Slash_Command)

But yeah as Luminara said, no to auto firing macros as macros don't have cool downs. The only work around that I could think would work isn't allowed because it requires third party software, so I won't elaborate on it.

Otherwise, I would look at a rolling text command if you feel you really need a text line, just so your character doesn't have to repeat the same time over and over. Also I imagine you'll build for Perma Dom like every dominator, so will you just activate the normal power while renewing and only costume change when it drops? Might be food for thought, as most of the time a well built dominator stays in domination until the end of combat.

Good luck.

@SeraphimKensai, I was just using the macro from the Wiki as an example of the mechanics I was trying to do, but thank you for confirming Luminara's thoughts. You do give me food for thought in that once you achieve Perma Dom, you would be using it just at the start of the fight and could make a second macro to manually "De-Hulk" when you choose after the fight is over. Hmmmmmm🤔