Illusion / TA

jordanlc93

Would love some feedback on this build.. I personally think it is easily one of the best builds ive ever done. Couldnt have done it without some guys on discord. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about it. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dmg(9), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13)
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), GrvAnc-Immob(3), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(3), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 2: Blind -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(5), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 4: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(43), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(46), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 6: Flash -- UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold(15), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(15), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(17), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(17)
Level 8: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), Rct-ResDam%(19)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Group Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Teleport -- Range-I(A)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Phantom Army -- CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(21), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(21), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SlbAll-Build%(29)
Level 22: Acid Arrow -- ShlBrk-%Dam(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(23), TchofLadG-%Dam(23), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(25), PstBls-Dam%(25)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(43), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(43)
Level 26: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf(31), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(34), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Disruption Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(36), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Rgn-Knock%(37)
Level 38: EMP Arrow -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(39), GldNet-Dam%(39)
Level 41: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 44: World of Confusion -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Arm-Dmg(45), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Mind Over Body -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48), ResDam-I(48)
Level 49: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(49), FrcFdb-Rechg%(49), PstBls-Dam%(50), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------

Why ? Single target damage is not really the theme here. AoE is more the theme. 

Oil / Acid / Emp / Psi Tornado ? Is there something Im missing with the ice arrow? The ST Dmg in comparison to Cast time does not balance out IMO. Would love to hear more however. 

Controller - Illusion Control - Trick Arrow.mxd

This should serve you well.

Ice Arrow sucks, You 1 slot stamina....seriously, Never 1 slot stamina.   The 3 most important things in this game are 3 Rs, +Recharge, +Recovery, -Regeneration. Followed by Soft Capping Defense for a non melee resistance build(do to fact they got status resist toggles). You do not, thus you want the defense to avoid incoming status attacks.  As for AoE, your Pets(Army, Phantasm, Spectral Terror proc'd right) Are your Damage to be honest.  Your job is to control the field for them and toss in some single target to help with bigger stuff(Thus Dmg recipes in Blind and proc damages in various powers)

Edited by JJDrakken

15 minutes ago, jordanlc93 said:

Why ? Single target damage is not really the theme here. AoE is more the theme. 

Oil / Acid / Emp / Psi Tornado ? Is there something Im missing with the ice arrow? The ST Dmg in comparison to Cast time does not balance out IMO. Would love to hear more however. 

Ice Arrow does -special and has a 90% proc rate. Probably the best single target attack you have access to besides Blind and potentially Seismic Smash. Guess you don’t have to, but I like all my characters to have at least a couple very solid single target attacks because I feel like you can wind up taking forever to clean up bosses / EB’s no matter how good your AoE damage is.

Since the release of Ice Mistral’s Torment, it can now accept 6 damage procs, all at 90% chance to fire. I use that setup on all 3 of my TA’s. Also I use 4 damage procs / 2 -res procs in Acid Arrow on all 3 but you’ve more or less got that already.

I could share mine with you later on. I can’t remember which epic I have though Psi is usually a good pick. My Ill/Storm has Psi and my Ill/Dark has Mace, just blanking on the TA...

Oh one other thing for now. I’d ditch World of Confusion here. I have it on some characters but your build has zero other reasons to enter melee, so it seems counterintuitive unless it’s purely a mule.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

Ice Arrow does 0 damage...  Not really attack it's a hold. Blind does damage.  It's -Recharge, -Spd, -Dmg. 

Read: 6 damage procs at 90% chance to fire. That’s average damage of >400 versus +0.

• Thanks 1

JJ - in the nicest way possible. Your build look awful (TO MY PLAYSTYLE) 

Almost no aoe dmg, not even in the parking lot of the ball park range for Perma PA. Oil slick is almost at 90s recharge in comparison to my 40. 

That build is just not for me, however it is an interesting take. I dont think any Ill troller could get behind that recharge speed tho. Def is insane however. 

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Read: 6 damage procs at 90% chance to fire. That’s average damage of >400 versus +0.

Still doesn't protect them from incoming bullshit 🙂  Defense & 3Rs far more important, especially with a pet intensive set like Illusion.

Just now, jordanlc93 said:

JJ - in the nicest way possible. Your build look awful (TO MY PLAYSTYLE) 

Almost no aoe dmg, not even in the parking lot of the ball park range for Perma PA. Oil slick is almost at 90s recharge in comparison to my 40. 

That build is just not for me, however it is an interesting take. I dont think any Ill troller could get behind that recharge speed tho. Def is insane however. 

It will out survive your build any day honestly. But you play how you want to play.

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Ice Arrow does -special and has a 90% proc rate. Probably the best single target attack you have access to besides Blind and potentially Seismic Smash. Guess you don’t have to, but I like all my characters to have at least a couple single target attacks because I feel like you can wind up taking forever to clean up bosses / EB’s no matter how good your AoE damage is.

With my Ill/TA, I don't really spend much effort - if any - on single target attacks because none of them are really worth the endurance compared to just letting the Phantom Army rip up my enemies.

With Ice Arrow in particular, having an attack that I'll rarely ever use at the expense of +2.5% E/N defense and +7.5% recharge from Basilisk? Not remotely worth it.

5 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

Still doesn't protect them from incoming bullshit 🙂  Defense & 3Rs far more important, especially with a pet intensive set like Illusion.

Respectfully disagree. Recharge and endurance management, yes. Regeneration and defense are absolutely optional things to build for in most cases. My Ill/ trollers solo 54 AV’s or x8 content just fine with few or zero additional defense bonuses. So what is there to “out-survive”?

And my Ill/Dark certainly would have never achieved pylon times south of 2 minutes without my offensive building style. Need to update my Ill/TA before I say too much about what that one’s capable of.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

It will out survive your build any day honestly. But you play how you want to play.

I currently run +4 / x8 / EB Smash and lethal farms on this build. I get close to death once in a blue moon so you may be right about that!! 

However on the other hand, your build would spend hours upon hours in that farm before you achieved "defeat all" , where I spend maybe 45m max. 

9 minutes ago, jordanlc93 said:

I currently run +4 / x8 / EB Smash and lethal farms on this build. I get close to death once in a blue moon so you may be right about that!! 

However on the other hand, your build would spend hours upon hours in that farm before you achieved "defeat all" , where I spend maybe 45m max. 

I don't farm, I find farming to be mind numbing mentally deficient game play.  I do all lvl 50 contacts, till they are gone per 50, make a billion in cash, become a full incarnate, & have fun with the character till it's retired & I move to next. I build for team play as well.

But I could solo farm that at a good speed, why? Incarnates.  People never seem to factor that it, also I could do pretty good speed non incarnate. I've been in this game since my 20s, I'm in my mid 40s now.  Not saying I'm the Captain Badass, just confident in my builds.  But again you play how you want to play, that is what will make you happy at the end of the day, not me telling you I feel my builds are better then yours.

But moment you share builds, expect people to share theirs and point out what they feel are flaws in yours, I always expect that with mine.

Edited by JJDrakken

2 hours ago, jordanlc93 said:

Would love some feedback on this build.. I personally think it is easily one of the best builds ive ever done. Couldnt have done it without some guys on discord. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about it. 

You've got seven 10% +Recharge bonuses, only five of those apply, the other two don't.  You'd benefit from reslotting a couple of powers with different (non-purple) sets.  For example, you could use the non-Superior version of the Will of the Controller set and change one of those wasted 10% bonuses to 8.75%, and slot Flash with 4/6 Basilisk's Gaze and two procs, adding another 7.5% global +Recharge and making better use of your damage procs (with your build the way it is, Flash will be up and ready three times for every two uses of EMP Arrow).

You've slotted Flash Arrow for 23.09% -ToHit, but you've also chased enormous amounts of +Def.  You could save slots and power selections by paring down some of that +Def and using Flash Arrow.  You should also switch the Acc/Rchg in Flash Arrow for the -ToHit/End/Rchg (bringing it up to 24.6% -ToHit).  You could also take and use Spectral Terror, which adds another 15% -ToHit and not only further alleviating the perceived need to pursue +Def, but also giving you an excellent source of control and potential proc use.

You've got piles of Smashing/Lethal Resistance, but you've skipped Poison Gas Arrow, which would give you the equivalent of 40% Resistance to everything (plus a guaranteed mag 2 Sleep which would stack with Blind's Sleep and could be used tactically to put lieutenants and bosses on the bench).

Chance of Knockdown in Oil Slick Arrow is a bad idea.  OSA already does KD, stacked KD turns into KB.  You'll be squirting critters out of your kill zone.

EMP Arrow grants mag 10 protection from Holds, Sleeps, Stuns and KB, and mag 5 protection from Immobilize.  Indomitable Will is overkill.  And EMP Arrow makes a poor AoE damage power even with procs, due to the recharge time.  You're better off using it to either provide status protection for yourself, or to stack Holds with Flash, or just removing it and replacing it with something more readily available.

Your endurance management is going to be a real problem, both while leveling and after reaching 50 and finalizing your build, especially with so many high cost powers forming the basis of your play style.  You're running six toggles and none of them have more than 26.5% Endurance Reduction.  Several have 0%.  And you've got no Endurance Reduction in Acid, EMP, Disruption, Deceive (really?)...  You're going to consistently run out of endurance before you finish fights, or have nothing but blues in your inspiration tray.

But if you're playing on a team with some defenders/controllers/corruptors with buffs, all of those things could probably be ignored.  Solo, or trying to function as the primary (or only) mitigator on a team, you'll likely find it to be a very unenjoyable experience.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Don't worry @Luminara and @arcane I'm setting them straight via discord...let's call it "spirited discussion."

• Haha 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I've linked one of my builds below to amplify my thoughts on what Ill/TA 'should' be.

• Holds (Blind, Ice Arrow, EMP Arrow). I don't actually use these all that much. While I could theoretically lock down a single target pretty well, it's normally superfluous. These mainly exist as mules for Basilisk's Gaze. EMP Arrow I primarily use defensively - for the 'bubble' effect - and then generally only on major fights (even in a build like this, it doesn't recharge fast enough for every spawn).
  • Additional Controls (Deceive, Spectral Terror). These are also mules for excellent sets. I don't use them all that much because they're unnecessary in most cases. However, they're nice to have as an option.
  • Single Target Debuffing (Entangling Arrow, Poisonous Ray). These generally only come out against an AV/GM encounter. Entangling Arrow can theoretically set Containment, but I do so little personal damage that it's not all that meaningful. Since all of my knockback is suppressed, I don't need to lock enemies in place either.
  • Multi-target Debuffing (Flash Arrow, Disruption Arrow). These are really my bread-and-butter debuffs. Flash Arrow shuts down most everything and makes Ill/TA the ultimate Stealther - you can even manipulate clickies right next to a spawn. Disruption Arrow is an every-spawn damage increase. Note that, as with virtually everything else in the build, these are slotted primarily for recharge.
  • AE Damage (Oil Slick Arrow, Disruptor Blast). Oil Slick does massive damage, but needs something to set it off. Disruptor Blast not only sets it off, but lets me slot Force Feedback to reduce its recharge even more. AE damage is normally a big hole with Illusion and being able to patch that hole is a major reason why Trick Arrow pairs so well.
  • Pets (Phantom Army, Phantasm, Tarantula). All of these are perma-pets at the levels of recharge I run. I have all four pet uniques slotted, but the Phantasm/Tarantula are primarily relying on the PA taunt and Flash Arrow to stay alive. I've suppressed the knockback on Phantasm to avoid scattering spawns. The Tarantula is particularly nice due to the -fly on attacks bringing enemies into my ground AE and removing them from my sky.
  • Defenses/Utility (Fighting pool, Flight pool, Leaping pool, Speed pool). There shouldn't be many surprises here. I don't aim for pre-Incarnate soft-cap because my primary defense is Invisibility + Flash Arrow. In those rare circumstances where I can be spotted, Evasive Maneuvers will normally give me enough defense to lay in a Flash Arrow. I'm mostly unconcerned with resists because I can't get them high enough to make much difference and I'm expecting my PA to tank most anything I can't dodge.

This approach is not for 'farming' (although I suppose it's possible). The goal is to avoid as much fighting as possible and focus on hard targets for mission completion while bringing significant support to a team (if one is present). My main method of managing endurance is the simple expedient of not doing stuff. Mostly I support the pets as they do their job. I open with Flash Arrow followed by Disruption Arrow. If I want to AE, I lay in an Oil Slick and ignite it with Disruptor Blast. Against AV/GM, I'll use Entangling Arrow and Poisonous Ray to further reduce their resistance. EMP Arrow is an option for tough fights to provide safety from status effects.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blind

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (3) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (3) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (5) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 1: Entangling Arrow

• (A) Gravitational Anchor - Chance for Hold
  • (5) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize/Endurance
  • (7) Gravitational Anchor - Immobilize/Recharge
  • (7) Gravitational Anchor - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
  • (9) Gravitational Anchor - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 2: Flash Arrow

• (A) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff
  • (13) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • (15) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge

Level 4: Deceive

• (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Endurance
  • (17) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused
  • (17) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Recharge
  • (19) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge
  • (19) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion

Level 6: Hover

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 8: Superior Invisibility

• (A) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 10: Ice Arrow

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (21) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (23) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (23) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 12: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 14: Fly

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 16: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (25) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18: Phantom Army

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (25) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (27) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 20: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (31) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 22: Weave

• (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers

Level 26: Spectral Terror

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (31) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 28: Disruption Arrow

• (A) Synapse's Shock - Damage/Accuracy/Endurance
  • (34) Synapse's Shock - EndMod
  • (34) Synapse's Shock - Damage/Rechage
  • (36) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Recharge
  • (36) Synapse's Shock - Damage/Recharge/Accuracy

Level 30: Combat Jumping

Level 32: Phantasm

• (A) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (37) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (39) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow

• (A) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (39) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge

Level 38: EMP Arrow

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold
  • (42) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (42) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 41: Poisonous Ray

• (A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (42) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (46) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 44: Disruptor Blast

• (A) Bombardment - Damage
  • (45) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (45) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (45) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (46) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (46) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 47: Summon Tarantula

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (47) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (47) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (47) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus
  • (48) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus

Level 49: Scorpion Shield

• (49) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 1: Containment 

Level 1: Brawl
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Sprint
  • (A) Celerity - +Stealth
Level 2: Rest
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Swift
  • (A) Flight Speed IO
Level 1: Hurdle
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Health
  • (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (9) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (11) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
Level 1: Stamina
  • (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (11) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (13) Power Transfer - Chance to Heal Self
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 

Level 14: Afterburner 
------------

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m rebuilding mine...

Everyone agree I’m gonna be ok skipping Glue and Poison Gas? Since the TA revamp I like all the powers too much 🙂

The unresistable -damage sounds tempting for AV’s but I bet it’s basically unnoticeable.... On my defender I like to open with it after Flash Arrow if solo just to mitigate more of the alpha, but what is Illusion for after all.

The slow is tempting to keep things in Oil Slick better but, again, trying to squeeze more in here. Don’t think I’m as focused on AoE as the OP here. Highly doubt I can manage to squeeze in a well-slotted Psi Tornado on that note.

If I skip both, I think I can do Flying/Speed/Fighting/Leadership and have all the goodies. Draft I made last night has both but Combat Jumping instead of Leadership. And I’m worried that my accuracy on 3 different 6-procced attacks needs Leadership. Calculating 96% chance to hit without accuracy enhancement vs 54’s after my accuracy bonuses, so zero room to be debuffed and still have the 95% cap.

Edited by arcane

I'm in building loads of defense on an Ill/TA is not the way to go crowd. 

• Superior Invisibility + Flash Arrow means you are not going to be seen ... unless you want to be.
  • Flash Arrow + Spectral Terror is a lot of To Hit Debuff even vs +4's and the Purple Patch (likely nearly 2/3rds the way to effectively softcapping)
  • Then there's perma-PA.  3 near indestructible pets with Mag 4 taunt in every attack.  

All the above means the biggest threats to your well being are getting caught in AoEs aimed at your pets that still manage to hit despite to hit debuffs in the 25% range or more ... and that's with zero defense.  The vast majority of your effort should be in building for recharge to gain perma PA then ensuring your recharge debuff resists keep it that way.

Took my newest build draft for a spin last night. Only defense bonus I have besides 3% procs and my toggles is Coercive Persuasion 5%. 

Only danger was if you ran in without considering options. If you started off with Flash Arrow, maybe a couple Deceives, and Phantom Army taking a chunk of aggro, there was no cause for concern. Damage was pretty dope for a Controller even though I skipped Flash so my Psinado rarely got containment.